Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

They added a "Nice demo!" quick chat, which I use all the time now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Perry Mason Jar posted:

People who are good: what did you do to get good? I've got like 35 hrs in the game and I'm still pretty bad. What's a good way to rank up? What mechanic is best to focus on? Can I actually get good playing on a Switch? Workshop maps seem pretty useful/important? Cheers

I don't remember exactly where I was at 35 hours played, but the major things I learned in order were:

-Rotation (you probably have figured this out by now)
-When approaching the ball, jump earlier and use your flip at the last second to do the actual hitting
-Learning To Fly

The switch version should be fine, but you can turn off crossplay if you want.