Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

ChickenMedium posted:

Yeah, I feel real bad for new players. I'm a gold-rank lifer and was getting matched up with people with "Season [whatever] Grand Champion" titles. Not fun at all. At least I know that will shake out when mmr stabilizes as the season progresses, new players probably won't and might just quit.

Yeah your first game of rocket league should have your opponents sitting motionless as you fight the controls to hit a stationary goal into an empty net to stimulate the kind of teammates you find in gold and above

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
There were 1.6 million people on last night which is pretty cool

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Great Pass! for every assist my teammates gives, Nice Shot! for any goal that wasn't a simple tap in and Woops everytime i do anything remotely spectacular.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Windmill Hut posted:

Is there any legitimate reason why US servers get three tournaments a day, but Oceania only gets one?

I mean I'm pretty ignorant of exactly what constitutes Oceania but its got to be a population thing

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
My biggest strength is my quick chat game and my biggest weakness is sometimes I'm too stoned and just hold accelerate down non stop

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Just hit 1100 hours and languishing in platinum. Only just started to experiment with air rolling

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Woohoo finally got to Diamond 1, definitely the highest rank i've ever been at an online game

1250 hours well spent :confuoot:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I just got diamond on 2v2 - 1200 hours well spent

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

cage-free egghead posted:

This post is from the first page but as someone who played the beta and made the first thread years ago it is just crazy how popular this game got. A lot of goons and myself thought it was going to be something special, but not 1.6 million people concurrently special. I remember being super surprised with 130k not long after launch.

I haven't touched the game in probably 3 years so maybe I'll have to give it a try again. I did try linking my PS4 account to Epic but got confused or couldn't merge it with my actual Epic account and just gave up without because I don't want to lose all my progress.

Its just got so many cool factors, high skill ceiling, simple concept, short games, i maybe only play 20 minutes a day buy its always fun

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

DrakeD posted:

Also some people DO play with chat off.

Monsters. Every one.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I don't give a poo poo what random teammates say in quick chat.

Thanks!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I played one game this morning and an aggressive European man was listening to loud drum and bass

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I really wish this game had a "don't match me with children" option. It's not enjoyable during the day because you can tell it's just a bunch of kids trying to touch the ball as much as possible, no semblance of teamwork. The difference between playing in the afternoon vs. late at night has always been very apparent to me. I thought this would get better as I ranked higher, but it doesn't.

imagine all the times a 8 year old has dunked on you and you didn't even know about it

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Fair enough, but in my experience it usually seems to drop me into matches that still have a fair chance.

Because people randomly drop in and out of unranked games all the time, goal goes in after 3 seconds and bam 2 folk leave. I don't know why anyone would play unranked tbh unless they are super new

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
If anyone is being explicitly toxic in my 2v2s I tell them to stop or ill score own goals and if they don't I'll start OGin till they have a mental breakdown. I've only done it twice this year but it was very satisfying particularly the time the other team apologise for my team mate lol

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

You can be reported for this and temporary banned if you didn't know. (If you actually physically throw a match/own goal on purpose)
The other person, as long as they are careful with their words, wouldn't be penalized.

Oh I know but I only ever do it if the other person if being obnoxiously toxic and i've asked them to stop it, not just for someone spamming "Nice Shot!" 5 times for missing an open goal

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I just ore goals than they do and make them watch every microsecond

Or I lose 5 nil but whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I've went from Diamond 2 - div 3 to Diamond 3 - div 4 over the weekend, last push for Champion and then i can retire happy