Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It would seem that Yashahime is getting a second season:

https://comicbook.com/anime/amp/news/yashahime-princess-half-demon-inuyasha-season-2-confirmed/

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh, that's a shame.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Genuinely unsurprised. I wonder when they knew they were getting a second season, the timing on that might explain why they had a bunch of episodes all in a row explaining the back story of a bunch of characters.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, I had a feeling the show would spill over into another season for a while now. Maybe they could have done it in one had they not wasted a bunch of time on random filler but as it stands there’s no way they could have wrapped things up satisfactory in one episode.

Really hoping Season 2 is better paced though (also more Moroha focus please)

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Gimme some Reiwa era hijinks please

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Coxswain Balls posted:

Gimme some Reiwa era hijinks please

Yes, seeing some more antics in the modern era like was the case in the original show would be fun as well.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
The loving poster they released for the show had the tagline "Change the future. Traverse the past and present"

That sounds way more loving interesting than what we got. God, the entire show was just them trying to bait us with the promise of old characters showing up, only for them to snatch them from us.

And also, why in the gently caress aren't Miroku and Sango looking for Inuyasha and Kagome, nor do they seem to be worried about their kid?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Willo567 posted:

The loving poster they released for the show had the tagline "Change the future. Traverse the past and present"

That sounds way more loving interesting than what we got. God, the entire show was just them trying to bait us with the promise of old characters showing up, only for them to snatch them from us.

And also, why in the gently caress aren't Miroku and Sango looking for Inuyasha and Kagome, nor do they seem to be worried about their kid?

Like I said, a second season seems to be confirmed so maybe there’s still time for that

It is weird that nobody seems all that concerned that Inuyasha and Kagome are missing though (and where the hell is Shippo?)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Mar 20, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And this episode confirms it, we’re getting a season 2.

The girls lost against Kirinmaru and Setsuna is still dead (though she did finally get her memories back) but it was a pretty good fight at least and it seems like Sesshoumaru is passing Tenseiga on to Towa

I really hope the next part is better paced than this season was at least (and gives us some adventures in the modern era too like the original poster promised)

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I liked the part where they went to outer space and fought on the moon then destroyed the moon.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Season 2 premieres October 2nd:

https://trinikid.com/amp/yashahime-princess-half-demon-season-2-release-date-plot-and-more

Warning: The trailer contains some pretty massive spoilers

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Aug 24, 2021

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Even though I'm at the point where I no longer care for Yashahime, I should warn anyone who is interested not to watch the trailer for season 2 as it spoils a bunch of stuff

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Wow, you weren’t kidding.

That aside I’m hoping for 3 things this season:

1. A more focused series with a clearer direction

2. More Moroha focus (and less of her being treated like crap by her cousins)

3. Less recycled Inuyasha plots

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Aug 24, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

For anyone that still cares the second (and probably final given some scenes in the rather spoilery trailer they put out) season of this has begun. Seems ok so far

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Larryb posted:

For anyone that still cares the second (and probably final given some scenes in the rather spoilery trailer they put out) season of this has begun. Seems ok so far

I didn't watch it, but from what I heard they gave Towa and Setsuna new weaspons but not Moroha? What the gently caress are the writers problems with her

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Willo567 posted:

I didn't watch it, but from what I heard they gave Towa and Setsuna new weaspons but not Moroha? What the gently caress are the writers problems with her

Welcome to last season where making GBS threads on Moroha was a recurring gag. At least they didn't ditch her or render her bounty worthless although Towa and Setsuna being the only ones to get meaningful power-ups will get old fast.

As for why Moroha is being made to play second fiddle, go figure. Maybe it's because Sesshoumaru is considered more popular so they're putting more focus on his daughters to piggyback off of that popularity? :shrug:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Edward IV posted:

Welcome to last season where making GBS threads on Moroha was a recurring gag. At least they didn't ditch her or render her bounty worthless although Towa and Setsuna being the only ones to get meaningful power-ups will get old fast.

As for why Moroha is being made to play second fiddle, go figure. Maybe it's because Sesshoumaru is considered more popular so they're putting more focus on his daughters to piggyback off of that popularity? :shrug:

I know it was a recurring gag, and it got old fast and pissed me off.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edward IV posted:

To be fair, the season 2 trailer (which again you should not watch if you care about massive spoilers) shows her getting some stuff to do later so maybe things will pick up for her a little more this time around.

We’re immediately getting into our first MOTW plot next week and it doesn’t sound like a recycled Inuyasha story so that’s something at least. Maybe this season will be better than its predecessor but I won’t hold my breath on that.

Also only Setsuna got a new weapon following her revival but it appears Towa will indeed be getting one too as her sword is currently broken and it took most of her demon energy just to give Tenseiga enough of a blade to bring Setsuna back (also they are the main characters even though Moroha is more interesting/entertaining than either of them)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Oct 3, 2021

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/rinsmeido/status/1444301745392345099
https://twitter.com/FannyluAlexGM/status/1444466366623346688

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Oct 3, 2021

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Larryb posted:

Also only Setsuna got a new weapon following her revival but it appears Towa will indeed be getting one too as her sword is currently broken and it took most of her demon energy just to give Tenseiga enough of a blade to bring Setsuna back (also they are the main characters even though Moroha is more interesting/entertaining than either of them)

Right. Also, giving Moroha a new weapon or power-up would have been an asspull either during the lead up to fighting off the demon hoard or after Toutousai makes his exit. A power-up in the former situation would have undercut the urgency of trying to revive Setsuna within the time limit and not getting killed themselves. A power-up in the latter would have been :wtf: why didn't you give this out sooner. Plus, Toutousai doesn't carry a stock of weapons to give out or even raw materials so he never had anything to give to her having just met.

Also, this wasn't supposed to be Moroha's moment to shine anyways. However, it's not like she got dunked on since she got some good shots in despite having just fought Kirinmaru. Plus, sense of urgency and all that storytelling jazz. So if anything, this was the least egregious case of Moroha being bullied and in actuality she was being a bit of a brat expecting hand outs. Granted she worked her rear end off but it's not like Toutousai ever stated there would be a reward besides survival.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Exactly, context wise it just wasn’t the time (plus Toutousai just ignoring her and leaving once his job was finished is extremely on brand for him). I’m sure Moroha will get a powerup of some kind later down the line though.

Out of curiosity, has it been officially revealed how long this season is going to be yet (I’m assuming roughly about as long as it’s predecessor and judging by the trailer there’s a good chance this might be the last one as well)?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

We got a bit of plot advancement this week, seems Zero, Jaken, and the Tree Of Ages all played a role in what happened to Rin and Setsuna (we also have confirmation that the former had the twins when she was 18 which….ok). Also the Rainbow Pearls are still a thing apparently.

It’s been said before but I really wish this show was about Moroha instead of the twins (her sweet talking Bokuseno into giving them the information they need was funny).

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Have there been any episodes yet where they're tooling around in the present? Much like original Inuyasha I find those are the most entertaining ones.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Coxswain Balls posted:

Have there been any episodes yet where they're tooling around in the present? Much like original Inuyasha I find those are the most entertaining ones.

We’re only 3 episodes into Season 2, so no (and the majority of the first one took place in the feudal era). Show’s still young though so I’m hoping they make a trip back there at some point before the end (though to be fair they don’t exactly have a way of getting back to the modern era at the moment).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 16, 2021

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I'm sorry, did Jaken say Rin was 18 when she gave birth to Towa and Setsuna? Shouldn't Hisui be much older than the two of them, and not look like a four year old in episode 15 of Season One

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Coxswain Balls posted:

All you get is the ending montage

Bonus avatar material

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Oct 17, 2021

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

All those screenshots are of a really fun show I would gladly watch that we will probably never get.

Those last pictures are making me want to start up the second season though instead of waiting for modern day Sesshoumaru to finally make an appearance.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Coxswain Balls posted:

All those screenshots are of a really fun show I would gladly watch that we will probably never get.

Those last pictures are making me want to start up the second season though instead of waiting for modern day Sesshoumaru to finally make an appearance.

Like I said, we’re only 3 episodes in (and I’m not sure if they’ve said how long this one is going to run for) but so far I’m liking this one better than the first season at any rate so I’d say give it a shot.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
caught up:
kirinmaru has a daughter, rion, who may be a half-demon going by her earskirinmaru is a helicopter parent taken to the extreme
the plot actually moves.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kind of a pity Moroha’s reunion with her parents shown in the preview only lasted about a second but so far I’ve kind of been liking this second season a bit more than the first overall.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So far this season has been a major step up from the first one and there’s far less instances of “let’s recycle this Inuyasha script and change the characters”. Lots of plot related stuff in today’s episode as well (Zero’s dead, Rin’s back, Setsuna’s memories are completely restored and it seems next up its Moroha’s time to shine)

Do we know how long Season 2’s supposed to last out of curiosity?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Dec 25, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

This week Moroha is finally reunited with her parents and next time Shippo’s back, we got a new OP and ED as well.

Feels like the show’s moving towards a conclusion at this point so I wouldn’t be surprised if this season was the last one.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Has burger Moroha made an appearance in the show yet, I'm probably gonna start watching it and I want to set my expectations so as to not be disappointed.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Coxswain Balls posted:

Has burger Moroha made an appearance in the show yet, I'm probably gonna start watching it and I want to set my expectations so as to not be disappointed.

None of the girls have gone back to the modern age yet unfortunately and at the moment it looks like they probably aren’t going to until at least the end of the series.

Aside from that I’ve been enjoying this season a lot more than the first one overall though (Moroha is treated much better and there are few if any recycled Inuyasha plots this time that I can tell).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That was a decent episode and it’s nice to finally see Shippo again (as well as seeing the girls interact with Inuyasha and Kagome)

Like I’ve said before, so far the second season has been way better than the first and I’d really recommend people give it another shot.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
Has the second season continued making GBS threads all over Moroha? Because the first season was dreadful in how it handled character screen time and development.

edit: Just read earlier comments, and it looks like it's still a show aimed at now-adult Sesshoumaru fangirls. Hard pass again.

SchrodingersCat fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jan 16, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SchrodingersCat posted:

Has the second season continued making GBS threads all over Moroha? Because the first season was dreadful in how it handled character screen time and development.

edit: Just read earlier comments, and it looks like it's still a show aimed at now-adult Sesshoumaru fangirls. Hard pass again.

That was earlier in the season, Moroha’s gotten a lot better treatment wise as the show’s gone on.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

SchrodingersCat posted:

Moroha just had a long story arc entirely on her own where she saved a little kingdom of tanuki Youkai and this episode and the last were entirely devoted to paying off a long-running storyline about her. She's also basically paid off her debt and is still doing bounty hunting because she's good at it, she likes hanging out with her partner, and she likes being a big drat hero not unlike her aforementioned dad.

I'm not going to claim it's NOT clearly aimed at fans of the original, being the show is cut from the same cloth, has the same narrative style, and has basically all the same merits and flaws of the original, but is that news? We knew from day one the leads were the daughters of that jerk and so it shouldn't be a surprise of the show is another example of the generational Requel that's all the rage right now.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Omnicrom posted:

Moroha just had a long story arc entirely on her own where she saved a little kingdom of tanuki Youkai and this episode and the last were entirely devoted to paying off a long-running storyline about her. She's also basically paid off her debt and is still doing bounty hunting because she's good at it, she likes hanging out with her partner, and she likes being a big drat hero not unlike her aforementioned dad.

I'm not going to claim it's NOT clearly aimed at fans of the original, being the show is cut from the same cloth, has the same narrative style, and has basically all the same merits and flaws of the original, but is that news? We knew from day one the leads were the daughters of that jerk and so it shouldn't be a surprise of the show is another example of the generational Requel that's all the rage right now.

Pretty much, and as I’ve also mentioned this particular season also seems to be doing a slightly better job at penning original stories as opposed to basically recycling Inuyasha plots and swapping out the characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I only caught a few of the recent episodes, but it's nice to see a bad guy who isn't the complete rear end in a top hat that Naraku was. He still seems pretty rear end in a top hat-y, but he mostly just seems like he's gone full Vegeta, and I like that even if his evil plan were to go just the way he wants it to he'd still ultimately be doing a good thing for the world, which is far more nuance than we typically see from an anime bad guy.