Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

I just wanted to pop in and say that I am loving Yashahime despite a slow start and old cast cocktease and I'm looking forward to next week's revelations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

I wasn't in the Inuyasha fandom back in the day, but watching the meltdowns occurring over Rin being the the mum is extremely funny and probably pretty nostaglic to anyone who was. I'm not sure where I fall on the debate given that it's a cartoon and a total work of fiction but seeing people bend themselves into pretzels trying to explain why it's totally ok and cool for a child and an adult to be in a relationship sure is enlightening.

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

I think they said the series takes place 20 years after the end of the original series, which if Towa and Setsuna are 14, and Rin was 11 at the end of Inuyasha, she'd be 17 when she had them.

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

We got some answers but I just feel everything was rushed as hell.

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

I feel like 99% of the problems with this show would be fixed if they just gave each plot point more time to develop and pace things out. A big part of why the communication and exposition seems mean/confusing is they can only allow each conversation to advance the plot and that's it. Where Inuyasha was accused of being full of filler this has the opposite problem - no time to develop anything.

That said I'm still enjoying it for what it is but I went in with 0 expectations so eh.

Anyway I guess tumblr has decided to brigade the gently caress out of the show and try to get it taken off the air because of sessxrin or w/e so that's hilarious

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

Huh everyone kinda fell off the train on this one didn't they?

The last episode I felt was probably the best so far and I really enjoyed seeing some old characters make an appearance. Looking forward to the next ep where it looks like we'll move the story on a bit more.

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

Good episode but again just really, really rushed. I get that this show doesn't have the time to pace things the same way as they did with Inuyasha but the whole thing with Zero was really hard for me to follow wth happened and what her motivations are. The preview for next ep looks good.

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

Yeah I guess I like how Kirinmaru has a code? Like he has this chivalry thing where he respects his opponents, until they cross the line (like the girls did) and then he just wants you dead. There's also still the mystery of why he wants the windmill of time to turn and how this will involve Mr. Kirin, Riku and Rion. Interesting stuff.

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

Glad it existed but yeah a missed opportunity for more fun and interesting adventures in the Inuyasha universe, let's hope the manga does something cool with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

There's a fan project that's going chapter by chapter at the moment, which I found by googling "yashahime manga tumblr"