Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I honestly called this nobody knows how to do anything with Rumiko Takahashi's stories by Takahshi herself.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Willo567 posted:

She did the girls designs, and approves scripts. That's it.

I honestly think that a reason why she's become so liniment on letting people do what they want with her works now is that she doesn't want to have to face backlash from fans if she ends up hating what another director does with her work, like with Beautiful Dreamer (which is a good movie, but Takahashi should be allowed to have her own opinion on the matter)

Mamoru Oshii can piss off he was a smug sexist prick towards the woman that is directly responsible for him directly having a career.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Willo567 posted:

Are you talking about that interview he gave where he stated that he made Urusei Yatsura, and this quote in particular

Yup. Really soured me on him.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Willo567 posted:

I'm sorry if I came across as extremely negqtive, but I was really looking forward to the show when it was announced, especially after reading the manga and realizing I really liked Inuyasha

Luckily this show can be very easily discarded as bad fanfic thanks to Takahashi having very little to do with it. :v: