Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
Orange vs Brody 21 28.38%
Diamante and Ivelisse vs Shida and Rosa 0 0%
Kingston vs Mox 40 54.05%
Page vs Uno 13 17.57%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Fantasy book what you want for him and let's discuss the alternative you envision

Personally I agree with the sentiment this wasn't the tag team to put them with. But it seems like JE wasn't there, and they've have been much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

MJeff posted:

Miro has been pretty much totally botched in AEW imo. I dunno how you just have him do bad comedy shtick for two weeks and then when he finally gets in the ring he's going 50-50 with a lower card tag team. If his first match had been blow away great that'd be one thing, I think a great match will always establish a guy more than a great squash, but it was pretty sloppy and bad. I dunno how you don't just have the guy come out and kill people every week. Just keep it simple.

I'm pretty sure this culminates with him murdering Kip at his stupid wedding, but how many people will have already checked out by then?

source your quotes

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MorningMoon posted:

I'm not ready for Jericho shootin' on the Illuminati. yet.

Jericho's gonna believe every word that guy says

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lone Goat posted:

source your quotes

Me, bitch.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

It's true. On the basis of three appearances Miro is absolutely dead and buried. He'll have to go crawling back to Vince now. He's doomed. Dooooomed.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Fire Miro it’s over for him.

I get where you’re coming from MJeff and I understand the take but yeah, I don’t think it’s fair to go there just yet.

I’m more disappointed to see the dirt sheets saying it’s already a failed and disastrous debut. I’m not feeling that way.

Hangman Page’s first matches got the same criticism, and again, understood. I just don’t see how a talent like Miro is in DEFCON 5 ITS OVER ITS OVER ITS OVER mode (edit: not saying this is your take. It’s not. You didn’t say that. Just your antenna’s up and not feeling the debut. This is other takes I’m reading and it stinks).

It’s like a coach being given the harshest criticism after one game and he/she loses. Yes, fans may jump the gun and say fire him or this failed or whatever. I personally need a mid-season or full season before I say pull the plug or “watch out this is not going to end well”.

I’m not down with the Miro may not be it talk right now. I think our expectations are through the god drat roof for the guy and I need more time. I trust AEW to get it right because they usually do with the talent they invest in.

And boy howdy, he’s an investment and probably making a lot of money they don’t want to screw up with!

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Jericho is a dumber Joe Rogan which is quite the feat.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The matches were fine to me and it feels like they're still establishing Miro. Like, they were not amazing matches but we won't care in like 2 weeks and in a few months we'll be talking about whatever Miro's first big angle is instead of a whatever debut squash.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lol he's had one match, come on

He's right

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

MJeff posted:

Me, bitch.

I said source your quotes, not sign your posts.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Maybe it’s the pairing though. I love Kip as a talker. He has really grown there. I remember his first promo and I thought it was awful.

Kip is a very solid talker now and I expect that to get better. His in-ring ability doesn’t personally do it for me, but I’m gonna be incredibly patient with the guy. He does not impress me in the slightest bit in a match though. Very telegraphed offense and I feel like I can see him thinking in the ring too much.

Overall though, he’s decent and that’s OK.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

MJeff posted:

I didn't say he's permanently hosed. I said thus far it's been botched. Because it has.

its been eh so far. there's certainly been worse aew starts and the only one that wasn't saved was the nightmare collective so i'm willing to give it a little time. and i am into letting em let fans know like, "hey i also do this thing in my off time", thats a bit cooler in a way that britt's early "i am a dentist" thing wasn't bc like, what, were fans supposed to go to pittsburgh to book dental work? (dont do this lol)

but yeah im willing to give it some time, miro looks happy and him and kip should gel better in time. i never expected big match miro to debut at the top of the card challenging for the belt or whatever, just hope it all starts to click soon.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i thought miro himself looked really good in the match, but joey looked like absolute dogshit to the point where i was wondering if he was doing it as a bit or for a storyline or what because what the gently caress joseph

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

shiksa posted:

its been eh so far. there's certainly been worse aew starts and the only one that wasn't saved was the nightmare collective so i'm willing to give it a little time. and i am into letting em let fans know like, "hey i also do this thing in my off time", thats a bit cooler in a way that britt's early "i am a dentist" thing wasn't bc like, what, were fans supposed to go to pittsburgh to book dental work? (dont do this lol)

but yeah im willing to give it some time, miro looks happy and him and kip should gel better in time. i never expected big match miro to debut at the top of the card challenging for the belt or whatever, just hope it all starts to click soon.

I mean yeah they can fix it literally any time they want by just having him kick Kip's head into next week. Again I'm not saying he's hosed because I don't think he is but thus far it's not doing anything for me.

I dont even mind the twitch stuff at all. It's the wedding stuff and the weird way they booked his first match that bugs me. I would love a guy the just loving rips you apart while also plugging his channel where he plays My Hero Academia and Warzone or whatever. That's kinda funny.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I could’ve done without Kip playing up preventing Miro from entering the match.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

MorningMoon posted:

To be fair, AEW did this

lol was this from the original fyter fest?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Miro’s gimmick is fine, saddling him with Kip makes him seems low rent. Kip is a chump and Miro should drink his innards

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Davros1 posted:

until the next guy says something different, then he will believe that.

I really like Jericho in the ring and doing promos and poo poo, but the man.....is not bright, sometimes.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
as someone who didn't watch or really follow wrestling for years, I had no idea who Miro was when he debuted at AEW.

I still kinda like Miro, but am going to wait and see if I 'LIKE' like him.

Like, do I want to ask him out or not?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

enigmahfc posted:

Like, do I want to ask him out or not?

you should see him sell a fish

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The match was bleh but Miro looked like the best dude in it. I'm a big Kip fan so I like the pairing and Miro's probably really enjoying getting to do something that vibes with what he does in his off time. You can definitely argue he should be in a bigger spot because he should be but there's no real room at the top of the card for a monster face so this lets them slow-build him up and then once the Kenny/Hangman story is finished with the AEW title he'll be ready to come into the picture.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

in a company that snatched victory from the jaws of irrelevance for Dark Order, Hangman, and Britt Baker, Miro is hardly in any danger. He'll look better versus someone else.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I wish Miro had been treated like a lot more of a big deal because he is and should be more of a big deal, but I also think there's so little bandwidth for people on AEW to be Big Deals that I can't tell if I think it's worse to have him debut in this relatively understated fashion and hopefully later become something bigger, or have him be another guy who debuts as this big deal you should care about only to go on the backburner within a couple weeks.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

To be fair, AEW did this

To be fair, that guy is literally the guy who runs the gaming tournament they were copromoting the show with, so if anyone is suited to an FGC themed comedy plunder match it's him.

E: I was also disappointed by Miro going 50-50 with a solidly midcard team in a sloppy match, but I can see the Twitch jackass gimmick working in a sort of Edge And Christian way where they're both a funny act and legitimately title contenders in the future. I do like their dynamic together.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Sep 25, 2020

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I think the second show is going to solve a lot of this.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Miro looked good in that match. It was sloppy, but fun.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I Before E posted:

To be fair, that guy is literally the guy who runs the gaming tournament they were copromoting the show with, so if anyone is suited to an FGC themed comedy plunder match it's him.

I talked to him and Kenny both at my old job cause we were one of the places that sponsored the tournament. It was cool.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I only knew of Miro from the postings of the AEW crew here (and was very excited on your behalf when he debuted) and I think the way he's been handled so far is fine. He's clearly a big deal and I like Kip so I'm down with their pairing, even if the match this week was uneven. Honestly, of the four, he was the one that seemed the most off to me; his pace was much slower than everyone else and it felt like he was operating in a different sort of match all together. Ultimately it didn't matter because his moves were loving beastly even if they didn't flow in the way I expect from AEW matches.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

rantmo posted:

I only knew of Miro from the postings of the AEW crew here (and was very excited on your behalf when he debuted) and I think the way he's been handled so far is fine. He's clearly a big deal and I like Kip so I'm down with their pairing, even if the match this week was uneven. Honestly, of the four, he was the one that seemed the most off to me; his pace was much slower than everyone else and it felt like he was operating in a different sort of match all together. Ultimately it didn't matter because his moves were loving beastly even if they didn't flow in the way I expect from AEW matches.

I think he's going to need a bit to break out of bad WWE habits.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

It probably would have gone over better if it wasn't the first match of the night

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Miro was deffo the highlight of that match, and he worked like half the thread with that knee stuff. Had it been Miro vs Sonny it probably would've been the match of the card and elevated both, but alas.
I can totally see folks not being on board with what they're doing so far, but I'm sure it'll all be good in like a month.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Vince MechMahon posted:

I think he's going to need a bit to break out of bad WWE habits.

That was my suspicion but I haven't been a regular WWE watcher in years and years so I didn't want to cast that aspersion without certainty.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

rantmo posted:

That was my suspicion but I haven't been a regular WWE watcher in years and years so I didn't want to cast that aspersion without certainty.

He was great in ring in NXT, and has always been good at impact moves and selling. But he slowed way down when he hit the main roster and, like everyone in that hell company, got slowly worse over time. I'm sure after a month or so he'll look like a million bucks in there.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

No offense to Miro either, he's not good enough for the top of AEW's card right now. He's very firmly a midcarder and should get some time in the AEW oven before a big push.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Miro should use that kick he did as his finisher instead of the camel clutch.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

No offense to Miro either, he's not good enough for the top of AEW's card right now. He's very firmly a midcarder and should get some time in the AEW oven before a big push.

I also agree with this.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
also as much as i'm extremely happy to see miro in aew it's probably good to not have someone jump directly to the top of the card again when they debut, especially someone coming from WWE

he'll get there before the end of his career, easily

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Miro was also in WWE for a decade without a particularly long stint on the indies beforehand, so he’s probably gonna need a bit to figure out what it means to wrestle like himself feels like.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Miro should go back to the Performance Center

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Miro should go back to the Performance Center
You shouldn't wish destroyed knees and covid on people even if you don't like them