Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

Jabor posted:

gimme a paneer curry over a curry with fake chicken any day

given those two choices, absolutely

lamb curry, on the other hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

and fried fish. i have a very strong preference for deep fried fish

good fried fish is literally what jesus died on the cross for

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the best fried fish i have ever had was at prosperity social club

it's so good they got a local micro to make a custom beer to pair with it. it's called 'gotta haddock'

comes with a side of asiago mac and vinegar slaw. sweet jesus

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
if I could only eat deep fried fish for the rest of my life, well, idk how to finish that sentence but I really like deep fried fish

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

echinopsis posted:

if I could only eat deep fried fish for the rest of my life, well, idk how to finish that sentence but I really like deep fried fish

it’s heaven

my SO is traveling for business and texting me every fish and chips meal pic (from Alaska) and it’s brutal

i only have so many places to go for it but then again they’re all good so :shrug:

fish tacos are also a good source

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't have many fish tacos, virtue of living in the south pacific, but the few I have had have been good

now I want fish tacos

regardless, and perhaps this is a trashy nz thing, but sometimes when we get fish n chips a takewaays, I put the fish in between white bread and have a deep fried fish sandwich

its good

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

echinopsis posted:

same brother, same

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
tbh same but raw fish

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

graph posted:

the best fried fish i have ever had was at prosperity social club

it's so good they got a local micro to make a custom beer to pair with it. it's called 'gotta haddock'

comes with a side of asiago mac and vinegar slaw. sweet jesus

i looked up their yelp page and everything there looks incredibly good

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I could easily eat fish for the rest of my life, because I'm allergic.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
jealous

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'd eat fish as my last meal

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
give me some fentanyl battered fish and make my last moments the best of my life

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

echinopsis posted:

give me some fentanyl battered fish and make my last moments the best of my life

I thought you said cop killer not cod killer

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

PokeJoe posted:

I'd eat fish as my last meal

First I went "probably not", then "hmm", and realized it'd probably be a ham, pike, shrimp, and mushrooms pizza.

I start choking whenever I eat fish. My parents thought I was just bad at taking out the fish bones.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

when i was 19 i had a severe allergic reaction to some snapper, went to the hospital and everything. doctors told me i was allergic to white fish, so no cod, halibut, etc. then a few months ago i went back to get re-tested and the allergy was just gone. the doctor didn't seem surprised by it, so i guess you can get better. anyway i've been on a voyage of fish discovery for a few months and man has it been great

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

qirex posted:

y'all might as well get used to eating less meat now, imo it's just going to keep getting more expensive for the rest of our lives

that said there's better plant protein than fake meat

your older than me so maybe i still have a chance…

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i make fish soup sometimes for lunch on the weekends. tastes pretty good. last time it was with some fish that my neighbors son caught in a nearby river

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Jabor posted:

hell yeah

palak paneer with some garlic butter naan every day

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

fart simpson posted:

i make fish soup sometimes for lunch on the weekends. tastes pretty good. last time it was with some fish that my neighbors son caught in a nearby river

are any rivers near major cities safe sources of fish for human consumption and not extremely contaminated with industrial runoff?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i want to give a severe beating to everyone involved in the chain that made oxtail more expensive.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

echinopsis posted:

i smell a new tiktok trend

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

are any rivers near major cities safe sources of fish for human consumption and not extremely contaminated with industrial runoff?

i dont know but i feel fine

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

fart simpson posted:

i dont know but i feel fine

have you checked the water quality information/statistics from your local authority that’s responsible for measuring and informing the public about it?

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

sounds like a lot of work

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
look no one has ever gotten sick from eating fish, and 2022 isn't the year it's going to start

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

look no one has ever gotten sick from eating fish, and 2022 isn't the year it's going to start

agreed

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

echinopsis posted:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I am eating fish balls.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i had a soup with fish balls, fish dumplings, fish noodles, and deep fried fish dumplings for dinner today

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

echinopsis posted:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

fart simpson posted:

i had a soup with fish balls, fish dumplings, fish noodles, and deep fried fish dumplings for dinner today

I want some

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Jabor posted:

i dont eat paneer

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

congrats

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

spankmeister posted:

I am eating fish balls.

fishma balls

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i dont eat paneer

I'll pray for you 🙏

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i actually dont know what paneer is

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

i actually dont know what paneer is

it’s cheese and it’s incredible

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
indian cooking is intimidating to me because every article is 3,000 words about how every single household's spice mix is 15-20 different spices out of a menu of 300, this is just how it is, anyways, here's the recipe, enjoy buying 17 jars of $5 spices that - oh by the way, go stale after three months! - to make dinner. I might be off though, but it has always seemed like a challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I started making curries with the pre made spice packs and then eased into it. Once you get the core 5 or so spices you can make a lot of stuff without getting the more exotic ones