Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
got shot up because of a drag show nearby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/_lildubois/status/1045907408474664961

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Fabricated posted:

Bob Iger held a meeting with employees basically completely backing off politics. So this is transactional- Disney basically bent the knee.

that’s why Iger was suddenly made CEO

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Fabricated posted:

Bob Iger held a meeting with employees basically completely backing off politics. So this is transactional- Disney basically bent the knee.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

now that’s what I call clickbait, volume 5!

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Kitfox88 posted:

got shot up because of a drag show nearby

i hate the incitement to violence that qanon and now musk's twitter provide

as if these nutters needed any motivation and yet

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
it's almost as if they don't act alone

i blame video games and rap music he said with almost equal stupidity to the prior post

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

'troubled individuals if white, terrorists if not' surges into the US national conversation once again

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

dioxazine posted:

'troubled individuals if white, terrorists if not' surges into the US national conversation once again

replacement theory is a legitimate science and i won't hear it slandered by case after case of insane racist/homophobic mass killings

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

fart simpson posted:

what happens if they strike anyway

Yeah, making striking "illegal" doesn't make any sense to me. It's an act of disobedience in the first place.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/elfsternberg/status/1599223334642012160

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

akadajet posted:

Yeah, making striking "illegal" doesn't make any sense to me. It's an act of disobedience in the first place.

Slavery is still legal in the United States if it's as a punishment for a crime.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the whole loving thing is just "usa #1 and don't you loving dare say otherwise"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

what is "a complaint"

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

eschaton posted:

that’s why Iger was suddenly made CEO

I feel like it's a bit of cover for it. Fiege did not get along with Chapek, and Chapek kept saying some of the most mindboggling stupid things about how they are managing their business including publicly fueding with Scarlett Johansson.

We still don't know why Iger left beyond his "Spend time with family" fig leaf either. Maybe he just finally got bored with his family.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

how about toriism, and it's just tori posts

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Company is pushing employees to return to office while simultaneously putting up signs and "pocket reference" cards all over for active shooter training.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

AnimeIsTrash posted:

how about toriism, and it's just tori posts

there is a subforum just for posting with no responses

i feel like he would be a good fit

(sorry dude, I like your posting)

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

qirex posted:

the whole loving thing is just "usa #1 and don't you loving dare say otherwise"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIxBmyRQlwQ

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

poemdexter posted:

Company is pushing employees to return to office while simultaneously putting up signs and "pocket reference" cards all over for active shooter training.

lol

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

poemdexter posted:

America

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

akadajet posted:

if a strike is legal your union can continue to operate as an organization and collect strike funds to support you and etc

if a union touches an illegal strike they get decertified and forcibly shuttered by the government, so you need to organize a wildcat without access to an organization that can maintain payroll etc

which might seem odd considering that corporate firms continue to exist after literally committing murder all the time and are never held responsible for any crimes but don't think about that too much

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

poemdexter posted:

'Active Shooter Training? Oh that'll be useful I was just planning to come in and blaze away indiscriminately'

/trip to HR

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

poemdexter posted:

well, their buddies who run the training company actually have to do the training so everyone can get their kickbacks, so

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
we had to go through a three hour group exercise "what Personality Color Are You?" presented by the HR lady at a previous company. we then learned her husband was the ceo of the company that sold the What Personality Color Are You program

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

'Active Shooter Training? Oh that'll be useful I was just planning to come in and blaze away indiscriminately'

/trip to HR

lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
lol this is good too

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1599400696117596160

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

wage theft goes both ways

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

:cripes:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lol, OT is where they make SF tech bro salaries. It's not really shocking they were faking their hours, I wonder what an audit of NYC, Seattle, or Chicagos police would look like.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lol, OT is where they make SF tech bro salaries. It's not really shocking they were faking their hours, I wonder what an audit of NYC, Seattle, or Chicagos police would look like.

a random glance at the sfpd showed me dozens of patrol officers making 300-500k

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
ok it's not good but the tweet leaves out that they had to pay the money back and most of them got fired

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

it would look like all the auditors killed themselves under strange circumstances

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

lol this happened in Massachusetts a while back and a lot of people got decent punishment

https://www.masslive.com/boston/201...?outputType=amp

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

i remember when the story broke. some officers had their CO’s let them retire on the spot so they could keep their pensions.

but then later the judges got the officers and their bosses too.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

How can they even distinguish when a cop isn’t working?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
by whether or not he’s beating a black kid or his wife

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

ADINSX posted:

How can they even distinguish when a cop isn’t working?

did you know cops get 20 weeks of paid vacation a year? google "police 40%" to learn more

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/FHZN4Wf.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
aggg 60fps no

reminds me of alec eiffel