Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
rallys/checkers has the best fries, period

there is no argument

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

graph posted:

rallys/checkers has the best fries

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

And I refuse to try 5 Guys until they either remove two or add one Guy

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
steak and shake fries taste like nothing and they’re never crispy enough

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I like steak and shake fries but I respect those who don't. They are inedible once they cool down but no other fry can be shoveled into your mouth like steak and shake fries. They're ok eaten with a fork even

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

PokeJoe posted:

I like steak and shake fries but I respect those who don't. They are inedible once they cool down but no other fry can be shoveled into your mouth like steak and shake fries. They're ok eaten with a fork even

hell yeah, with that gross industrial cheese oil on top :rock:

i loved that poo poo when I was a kid. I prolly haven’t eaten there in like 15 years tho.

my buddy in HS worked there as a waiter and got one of his senior pictures in his goddamn s&s uniform lol.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

PokeJoe posted:

no other fry can be shoveled into your mouth like steak and shake fries. They're ok eaten with a fork even

this is key. you'll never get through them by hand. you need a fork

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
current fry status

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Andy Capps hot fries are my favorite. Top tier gas station snack

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yep good poo poo

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

PokeJoe posted:

Andy Capps hot fries are my favorite. Top tier gas station snack

a bag of those plus a firecracker or tijuana mama with a moxie. that was my lunch a couple times a week when i worked at a gas station

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

a bag of those plus a firecracker or tijuana mama with a moxie.

this is what happens when notch and rotor get struck by lightning at the same time and ivan reitman makes a film about it

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Oh god now I want a moxie 🤤

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

ive never had a moxie. i've been intrigued by andy capps but have always been a little wary of foods that use cartoon characters as their brand

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

i was told moxie tasted like carbonated bengay but it was more like an herbal cola

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Cat Face Joe posted:

i was told moxie tasted like carbonated bengay but it was more like an herbal cola

its root beer made with gentian root, the superior choice

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

infernal machines posted:

jesus, is your arm tired?

:hmmyes:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/1980whenever/status/1315810258380632068

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

holy gently caress

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
not a fan of steak and shake fries but if we are talkin industrial bar cheese ive knocked back more than a few bags of white castle fries in my day

excellent food for when you aren’t sober or dealing with the after effects of the above

honestly surprised and a little mad they never expanded to canada, i should try and open a franchise near a dispensary

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

Sniep posted:

current fry status

what in the gently caress

crunch is not something you can taste

"smell the colors"

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Do none of you have an Arby's nearby? The only reason to go there is the fuckin' amazing curly fries.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Target Track Jacket posted:

Do none of you have an Arby's nearby? The only reason to go there is the fuckin' amazing curly fries.

my nearest arby's is 3 hours away in another state, they're rare in new england. same w/ sonic. i like their food okay once in a great while if there's one convenient, but they're fairly expensive now for what you get. same w/ white castle, they're fine if you happen to live somewhere they are but outside of like nj / ct / ny area, or chicago they're kinda thin on the ground

i hope a few in n out burgers open up on the east coast, that'd be nice

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

They now sell the Arby's curly fries in the frozen section and I am half-tempted to get an air fryer just to replicate them at home.
They come out okay in an oven.

Definitely never get the White Castle frozen sliders from the grocery store. Nostalgia will betray you for days.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

arby’s paid off the dems that voted down a $15 min. wage so gently caress arbys.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

They now sell the Arby's curly fries in the frozen section and I am half-tempted to get an air fryer just to replicate them at home.

Definitely never get the White Castle frozen sliders from the grocery store. Nostalgia will betray you for days.

an air fryer is just a convection oven, turn on your oven’s fan if it has one

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

an air fryer is just a convection oven
That makes much more sense now that I think about it. Sadly, we just have a conventional oven with a broiler so my results are underwhelming.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Culver’s has nice thick fries

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

fart simpson posted:

a bag of those plus a firecracker or tijuana mama with a moxie. that was my lunch a couple times a week when i worked at a gas station

greetings fellow moxie enjoyer

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Mr. Nice! posted:

arby’s paid off the dems that voted down a $15 min. wage so gently caress arbys.

there is no ethical fast food consumption under capitalism

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

workin' the rough chuckles lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

hobbesmaster posted:

an air fryer is just a convection oven, turn on your oven’s fan if it has one

sort of. decent air fryers will have a much stronger convection function versus consumer home ovens, often because they only need to do it for a smaller volume. there is a definite difference between them, with an air fryer generally heating up more quickly and often getting food done faster. that may not be worth it to some if they already have a convection feature in their standard oven. for me i think what makes these sorts of devices worthwhile (air fryers, cuisinart steam ovens, anova precision ovens, etc) is that it means you don't have to heat up the big oven in the summer and then force your ac unit to dump all that extra heat out of the house, while still getting a good result (versus a lot of traditional small toaster ovens).

spiced/coated curly fries have been a freezer section staple for decades. sure they may not say arbys on them but they're functionally the same

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

mediaphage posted:

spiced/coated curly fries have been a freezer section staple for decades. sure they may not say arbys on them but they're functionally the same

Oh for sure. The ones at Aldi are totally worth it.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
they got the checkers/rallys fries in that section too. so good

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

We had a Checker's on the corner of the two major intersections in my village and it was within walking distance from our house but somehow shut down due to having the smallest parking lot imaginable and the drive-thru regularly backing up into a lane of traffic

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
too bad checkers doesnt have the same sort of cachet with chuds and memelords such that they could have just had cops directing traffic on public roads so they can make money hand over fist all day like chik fil a or ino does

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

yeah a chick-fil-a here backs into traffic every day to they just have a permanent traffic cop

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

haha drat

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

hey man, nice shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

infernal machines posted:

hey man, nice shot

I wish I would have met you, but now it’s a little late