Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/ChiSyndicalist/status/1466800419234013192

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
he's got a cold

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe he just took up smoking and isn't used to it yet?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
lol at the parents who tried to run to canada, way to make yourself look guilty as all hell

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

also wouldn’t canada just extradite them right back?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

yeah and it’s not like you’re gonna be able to get a flight anywhere out of Canada

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

PIZZA.BAT posted:

also wouldn’t canada just extradite them right back?

yes

it was the absolute dumbest move and makes no sense on any level

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

it seems they were actually hiding in a warehouse in Detroit because they thought that Detroit literally didn’t have a PD… because they thought Detroit defunded the cops lol

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

it seems they were actually hiding in a warehouse in Detroit because they thought that Detroit literally didn’t have a PD… because they thought Detroit defunded the cops lol

lol

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i got a chuckle from the 1/6 guy who started crying when the interrogators were like “you thought you were one of the three percent, didn’t you”

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Cold on a Cob posted:

yes

it was the absolute dumbest move and makes no sense on any level

the only near-successful canada flight I'm aware of was charles ng and that's because it was potentially a capital punishment case

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
i ain't even care about how biden talks, he's just saying "drill baby drill"

but by all means let's talk about how he has an image problem (with dipshits who would agree with him if they could)

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

kitten emergency posted:

i got a chuckle from the 1/6 guy who started crying when the interrogators were like “you thought you were one of the three percent, didn’t you”

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1465782179145949188?s=20

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Stereotype posted:

the major news story in hawaii right now is that the army has an enormous 200 million gallon buried fuel tank that has been the target of criticism for years, since it’s like 70 years old and falling apart, and last week the water on the army base started tasting and smelling like jet fuel. there’s only one aquifer on Oahu, it’s all one big aquifer, and now the board of water supply has shut down a well near there that supplies 20% of the water to Honolulu. so the fear is that the tanks leaked a significant amount of fuel and now the water for the whole island of Oahu is poisoned.

lol whoops

Maybe they can pump the fuel into a volcano

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
neutralizing that amount of jet fuel is possible and a good side effect is that we could revitalize the US' steel beam manufacturing industry at the same time.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

kitten emergency posted:

yeah and it’s not like you’re gonna be able to get a flight anywhere out of Canada

i mean yeah but running to one of the five eyes is kinda dumb when you could have run to mexico instead

i guess we know why they didn't go with that option lol

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i mean yeah but running to one of the five eyes is kinda dumb when you could have run to mexico instead

i guess we know why they didn't go with that option lol

maybe they were trying to get to Mexico, but they forgot that going south out of Detroit gets you to Canada.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

kitten emergency posted:

linku ps

e:
oh it’s right there

EIDE Van Hagar fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 4, 2021

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I wonder how much, if any, effect it might have on future school shooting to have parents of shooters getting prosecuted. We went through 20+ years of treating the parents like innocent bystanders (or even as sympathetic figures), and that clearly wasn't doing anything.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

LanceHunter posted:

I wonder how much, if any, effect it might have on future school shooting to have parents of shooters getting prosecuted. We went through 20+ years of treating the parents like innocent bystanders (or even as sympathetic figures), and that clearly wasn't doing anything.

this is actually one of the rare things i will agree with you on to hell and back. EVERYBODY in the supply and enablement chain of a school shooter needs to get raked over the coals. You left your space pistols unlocked and your unhinged child clears out a middle school? You're going into a box forever. Preferably small, optionally medium-sized.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
they have no problem stringing up the cousin's brother's nephew's roommate's coworker on FeLoNy mUrDeR when the perp isn't white

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

LanceHunter posted:

in this case, the parents actually bought the pistol for the kid (it was apparently supposed to be a christmas present), which is why they are after them. even going back to columbine, they went after the girlfriend of the shooter who bought the weapons for them since she was 18 and they weren't. going after straw purchasers who furnish murders with weapons isn't anything new

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

The_Franz posted:

in this case, the parents actually bought the pistol for the kid (it was apparently supposed to be a christmas present), which is why they are after them. even going back to columbine, they went after the girlfriend of the shooter who bought the weapons for them since she was 18 and they weren't. going after straw purchasers who furnish murders with weapons isn't anything new

until a judge arbitrarily decides they aren’t gonna do that, a la Kyle Rittenhouse

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

is there a source for this because lmao

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

lmao, how soon before all (white) mass shooters learn that if they want the lightest possible sentence, they just need to espouse Republican viewpoints prior to the shooting

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

it's very telling that, upon hearing about a shooting at their kid's school, the first reaction of the parents wasn't "oh god, i hope he is ok", it was "oh gently caress, it was probably him" and they ran home to see if he took the gun with him. even if they take a plea on the criminal charges and get off with time served + probation, the families of the victims are going to spend the next decade suing them for everything they have and probably winning as it's obvious that they had some idea that their son was unhinged yet still decided to provide him with a weapon

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I heard that the parents had just had a meeting with the teachers about the kid's behavior, literally hours before the shooting. It wasn't out of nowhere. They clearly knew he was going to do it and they bought him a gun.

I will be curious to see how they turn around "he was no angel" for this one bc he's white. Maybe "he was a little angel, such a nice boy, just troubled"

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Sagebrush posted:

I heard that the parents had just had a meeting with the teachers about the kid's behavior, literally hours before the shooting. It wasn't out of nowhere. They clearly knew he was going to do it and they bought him a gun.

I will be curious to see how they turn around "he was no angel" for this one bc he's white. Maybe "he was a little angel, such a nice boy, just troubled"

Oh it wasn’t just about “his behavior”. They were pretty politely told he was going to shoot up the place, then they insisted he go back to school while carrying the gun they had just bought him.

quote:

On the morning of the shooting, both parents were summoned to a meeting by school administrators after a teacher found a troubling note in their son’s desk, McDonald said. It contained a drawing of a semiautomatic handgun pointing at the words “The thoughts won’t stop. Help me.”

The note included a drawing of a bullet with the words “blood everywhere.” There was also a drawing of a bloody figure with two gunshot wounds, McDonald said, and another drawing of a laugh emoji.

Ethan altered the note, McDonald said, scratching out the most disturbing parts of it by the time the meeting with his parents began shortly after 10 a.m. on Nov. 30. McDonald said the teen brought his backpack to the counselor’s office for the meeting and noted that at no point did his parents ask about the recently purchased gun. McDonald said neither the Crumbleys nor school officials searched the teen’s backpack.

The Crumbleys “resisted the idea of their son leaving the school at that time,” McDonald said. Instead, Ethan returned to class with his backpack.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

loving hell. yeah literally charge the parents with murder too. they're completely culpable for everything the kid did.

when i was that kid's age i drew pictures of the guns from unreal tournament and quake 3 and deus ex all over my school papers. they were mixed in with pictures of tank battles and airplanes dropping bombs and guys with swords and motorcycles and hot ladies with big butts though so maybe that's why i never got sent to the counselors about it.

also i guess i never drew people being killed. just the technology

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
maybe they'll find a judge who believes that, actually, it was entirely in self-defense when people fought back against someone who was trying to shoot them and then got shot

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

did you also write about voices in your head

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cat Face Joe posted:

is there a source for this because lmao

no but they live in Oxford so

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

next time they're gonna just post the shooters birthing video as long as he's white

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I'm glad the only thing the voices in my head tell me to do is eat copious amounts of food.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I'm glad the only thing the voices in my head tell me to do is eat copious amounts of food.

mine are a bunch of edwardian schoolmasters urging me to correct everyone all the time

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Stereotype posted:

the major news story in hawaii right now is that the army has an enormous 200 million gallon buried fuel tank that has been the target of criticism for years, since it’s like 70 years old and falling apart, and last week the water on the army base started tasting and smelling like jet fuel. there’s only one aquifer on Oahu, it’s all one big aquifer, and now the board of water supply has shut down a well near there that supplies 20% of the water to Honolulu. so the fear is that the tanks leaked a significant amount of fuel and now the water for the whole island of Oahu is poisoned.

lol whoops
lmao

maybe real estate prices will drop???

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
It's cool that every national news outlet is reporting about the blizzard warning on big island, on top of a 13k ft mountain that gets significant snowfall every winter, instead of how the governor is requesting a national disaster declaration over the US military base fuel leak that has left 100k people without potable water

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

god bless america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Stereotype posted:

It's cool that every national news outlet is reporting about the blizzard warning on big island, on top of a 13k ft mountain that gets significant snowfall every winter, instead of how the governor is requesting a national disaster declaration over the US military base fuel leak that has left 100k people without potable water

l m a o demon cracker nation!