Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

this election has been really great for reminding us all that so many americans are dumb as a loving rock

I remember there was a point 2012-ish where "obamacare" was polling at 24% approval but "affordable care act" was like 70% and it's like :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

disenfranchise old people by running no white candidates at all and opening the polls at 7pm

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

graph posted:

my ward's voting location was moved to the pig sty

mine was moved to a hotel conference room

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'm going to guess trump has some immunity deal lined up with the dems if he loses otherwise I think he'd be way more unhinged than normal

he probably also has some sort of 9 figure tv deal lined up with fox or oan

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

PIZZA.BAT posted:

he was on a call on fox this morning and legit sounded drugged off his gourd

like yeah people say he sounds drugged all the time but this wasn't like that

it sounds like he's on four xanax bars

they're just gonna roll his rear end out on a hand truck like hannibal lecter

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

meetings are over for the day, time to eat exactly one quarter of an edible and watch NHK documentaries about gardens until I fall asleep

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

ďcomments disabled for this storyĒ probably a good call

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

I miss watching NHK World on OTA tv. one of the local public tv affiliates carries it on a subcarrier. It's so wonderful and chill.

lets stroll through a cherry tree orchard
here's five minutes of inoffensive news and a cool world weather map
now it's time to go watch an 87 year old man handcraft some pottery
itís the best tv

you can stream almost everything they show on their website or app

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Xaris posted:

you would think DNC would have learned from 2004 with john loving kerry that.... hmm.... running another olde neoliberal ghoulish war criminal and saying "HARM REDUCTION! think of all the minorites that will be irreparably harmed under bushs second term! he's our best chance at beating bush!!" is a completely losing strategy time and time again.

itís all the same loving people as 2004

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

itís hilarious trump didnít start a new war when weíll probably have Secretary of State joe lieberman lobbing cruise misses at tehran on Jan 30

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Iíve always been annoyed at fixations on celebrity in politics but itís obvious some people need the single hero to root for. like yeah bernie is great but I thought itís weird he doesnít have a bench of people behind him and heís just kind of a lone crank in the senate but then I realized thatís part of his appeal

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

kitten emergency posted:

i mean theres quite a few people now, justice dems added like another 8 reps. the squad gettin bigger
yeah itís working, just slow. and the dem leadership is already blaming them for the lack of a blue wave even though huge turnout in justice dem districts is one of the reasons biden hasnít lost yet [and they spent 88 mil in kentucky to lose by 20 points]

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

infernal machines posted:

remember how wild poo poo got as the tea party republicans took over?

q-republicans are going to be off the loving charts

there arenít nearly as many of them because they donít have all that sweet Americans for prosperity money backing them but thereís going to be some entertaining hearings

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

also laughing at the very concept that trump will do a concession speech, heíll hole up on af1 and do an unending string of rallies at rural Air Force bases pretending heís still campaigning until they take off without him at some point, probably mid-february

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Oneiros posted:

the house picks trump :unsmigghh:

pelosi all ďwe donít want to continue toxic partisan politics and look forward to working on both sides of the aisleĒ

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I remember desperate hildawg stans saying the electors would save us from the obviously unqualified trump and lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the gop leadership just used trump and his associated cult of personality to keep the money flowing where it should be, they got their tax cut and conservative judges seated and now he's outlived his usefulness

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Much like your posting!

jokeís on you my posts were never useful

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

Anti-hellworld: mississippi voted to replace their old state flag (which contains the traitors' flag) with this much nicer design

flag vendor lobby excited to sell lots of new flags [and even more old flags to racists now that they're "banned"]

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

never seen two people try to out-bad-faith argue against each other

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

u need to build up a tolerance to chud talking points and be prepared when they all bring it up so you can own them live in real time instead of being like "uhh i hadn't heard that from anywhere"

"did you know the DEMOCRATS are trying to STEAL the ELECTION???"
"yes and did you know the group Project Veritas has been found to not be very veritas in the past? here's some sources including fox news from their past incidents"
"oh"

it's pretty amazing to me what lengths people will go to believe something that makes them feel right about the world, even if the source is someone actually convicted of a felony for making fake news

I studied this poo poo in college, it's weird to live it happening live all around me

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

regarding the election results, while it's disconcerting that nearly 70mil americans saw 4 years of trump and were like HELL YEAH THIS OWNS, im curious about the demographics. to me i feel like this is sort of a last hurrah for the reactionary boomers, and given the fox news polls that showed the average fox news viewer supported social democratic policies such as an NHS and more corporate oversite etc, i think a lot of people just ended up voting partisan.

The fact that loving Georgia went blue means at the very least that population centres are shifting. it also means in 2024 we have to give people something to vote for since a ton of people came out to vote against something and we still only got like 150mil voters out of 328mil

one of the biggest things that happened was a concentrated protect the vote effort led by stacy abrams but the boomers won't all be dead in 2 years when more senate seats go up for a vote

if things start meaningfully changing the democrats will probably split where the new party is nominally center-left and republicans convert to democrats in name and keep being republicans along with all the blue dogs and dinos. our system cannot meaningfully support more than two parties

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

nobody will know what color it is because they'll keep extending the giant wall they put around it for the election

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Iím sticking with my previous guess that heíll keep holding rallies pretending nothing changed until air force 1 ditches him at a decommissioned military base in oaklahoma

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I remember trump did some dinner for troops & families at the white house and it was over 100 people and they were all white

the military is much more racially diverse than the general population fyi so this probably required an extensive effort to accomplish

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I just checked and the military is 57% white so randomly selecting 100 white soldiers is pretty much a statistical impossibility

racism also manifests in a lot of conservative rage towards the dmv and post office and other ďlazy bureaucrats I canít fire by yelling at their manager even though they donít show me proper deferenceď

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I wonder whose cousin in law in the gold circle donor tier that landscaping firm belongs to

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

bump_fn posted:

if he really does lose and doesnít wriggle out of this one then heís gonna run in 2024

from all accounts he hates being president and would much rather get paid 9 figures to yell on television/radio

he'll basically hoover up all of rush's audience once that ghoul finally dies

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it was this place but I think the puking on the sidewalk videos have been lost

this looks like literal hell to me

https://youtu.be/3sASUJtew-k

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Iíve made palomas both the real way with squirt and an ersatz way with grapefruit juice and club soda and I liked the juice version better

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

To be clear I don't think that Democrats are good at the economy or anything, but you can look at stuff like Obama inheriting the subprime mortgage crisis and being immediately blamed for it, then turning the country around just in time for Trump to take credit.

he also didn't get anyone in trouble for all the dirt they pulled during that period so folks like our current secretary of treasury skated on thousands of felonies [our incoming vice president personally decided to not prosecute him] and so now that it's super clear there are no penalties for financial crimes as long as they are large enough there is no downside to doing it over and over

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

called it

quote:

WASHINGTON - President Trump is planning to bring back his large-scale rallies that were a hallmark of his presidential run, but these will be focused on his ďongoing litigationĒ as he challenges the results of last weekís election.

According a report by Axios and confirmed by Fox News, Trump's campaign plans to take less traditional path to challenging the results of the election, including holding ďa series of Trump ralliesĒ focused on the campaigns ongoing legal efforts in numerous states across the country.
I think the only time that fat wet baby was every happy in the last 4 years was either golfing or having one of his carnival tent whitefests

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the republicans are doing the right wing version of performative wokeness [again, they are entirely incapable of accusing anyone of anything they aren't already doing], they know they've lost but the appearance that they're still fighting for the people who support them makes it at least look like they're on their side rather than letting it slip that they view those 70 million people as useful idiots and don't give a single poo poo about any of them who aren't in the old boy club which, to graph's point, is the worst goddamn people in the whole world. the democrats, on the other hand, are whining that the republicans are too mean which I'm sure will do wonders for their reputation as feckless cowards

half of these idiots are going to end up pundits on conservative media and this is their public interview period

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

my favorite social psych professor [who wrote a really excellent book on the topic] had a line that blew my mind when first I heard it and I think about constantly:

"propaganda cannot control what people think. it can, however, control what they think about."

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

there's a lot of people to whom the option to live in a fantasy world where you are right about everything and everyone you dislike deserves to be murdered is a solid choice

right now it's vastly easier than honestly confronting the horrors of white supremacist capitalism and there's a whole support system in place to keep people there

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

until there are actual consequences more severe than getting dragged by blue checks on twitter they will continue to act this way

there's no reason for them not to, the upside of cooperating is some nyu trustafarian columnists stop calling you names and the downside is getting denied access to the rich deposits of money in the griftosphere

qirex fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 10, 2020

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

President Beep posted:

for real "democrats criticize repbulicans" isn't going to fix this.
it's hilarious because you can go back to like the time of the slavery debates when the parties were flipped to see how long "mild scolding" has apparently been the only tool in the box for pretty much ever and all that got the republicans of the time was the savage walking stick beating of charles sumner on the senate floor

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

scented candles can't possibly hope to cover up the might of mcdonalds rear end stench everyone knows this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

imagine actually wanting to read what dinesh d'souza writes, like on purpose and not because someone is making fun of him