Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Are there really people that don't consider Dr. Phil to be an enormously narcissistic POS running the modern version of a freak show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'd like to hear the PFC argument for the mormons not being a cult.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i don't actually believe this, i'm just being a poo poo

Neither did the original poster.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

That dude absolutely shot himself in the foot

He very much didn't, there's even video of the poster shooting. I don't get this psychological need to invent fake facts.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Video Nasty posted:

lmao do they actually have any concept of who purchased what now? I remember Lowtax being completely blind to any purchases from the site with no means to ever change that.

Yes, absolutely. Lifetime earnings per account are tracked, the top earners were even posted a while back.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Don't remember, the list was posted shortly after the new owner took over.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i could see them being able to track self-purchases but i don't see how they'd be able to track people buying avs/titles for others because that doesn't require a forums login

That's a good point, the stats probably didn't include avs and titles purchased for others.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cold on a Cob posted:

would not be surprised but either way it's hilarious instead of tragic like this poo poo usually is

Why wouldn't you be surprised in this situation, do you think the video evidence was faked by the CIA to harm the influential SA forums?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kazinsal posted:

I think it's equally probable that some cspam numbskull wildly one-handed magdumping a handgun into a crowd under the security camera at a bus stop only managed to hit one proud boy in the toe, and that the proud boy NDed into his own foot while panicking because he never expected to actually get shot at in his life

:shucks:

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My two posting personalities "Fame" and "Douglas" are publicly declared.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Thank you for increasing the lead content in the air we're breathing.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Makes sense.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think the Democratic party should waste money on TV ads.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

they should save it for Jeni's Ice Cream

Listen, Jack

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The_Franz posted:

still cheaper than the rest of the world, but not anywhere as cheap as it used to be

either way, cheering on high gas prices is dumb, because the people with giant trucks and other expensive, gas guzzling vehicles will just grumble a bit as they fill up and maybe put stickers of biden making a goofy face on the pump, while, as with everything else, the poor bear the heaviest burden because that old, less efficient car is all they could afford (not that there are affordable used cars anymore), nor can they afford to move closer to their job as shitlibs are so fond of suggesting

Gas prices should be way higher, I'm absolutely cheering them on.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Death and human suffering? Well, it's not me that's suffering or my country that's getting invaded by an imperialist power, why would I care.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Considering we don't have working time machines, I think time machine-based solutions can be dismissed out of hand.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

my intended implication being that with that dismissed we can dismiss the west being able to do anything useful, and certainly dismiss any attempt by the west to pretend to be good guys in this context.

Which is obviously untrue, the west can do plenty. I don't get why letting Ukraine be conquered by Russia is supposed to be the smart thing.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Except this situation isn't comparable to Afghanistan at all?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Truman Peyote posted:

I suppose going to war is smarter?

The war has already started, Russia is attacking a sovereign nation in Europe. There's no option of not going to war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Truman Peyote posted:

this is true for Ukraine, not for anyone else. for example, when the United States invaded Iraq, Russia just watched while it weakened their rival for years, that seems comparatively smart to me

Ukraine isn't Iraq, the situation is not comparable at all. Constantly bringing up Iraq and Afghanistan is dumb.