Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

$2300 a month on cars and student loans

good god

that monthly payment is only slightly less than my current car cost lol

even 5 years later, my total cost of ownership is only about 2 months payment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

the people who judge you based on whether or not you own a BMW won't know the loving difference

can confim: since owning my rusty 17 year old e46, i have had a sharp increase in people asking me for money or trying to scam me in parking lots

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

christ they are hyping the start of this debate like it's a ppv mma cage match except the fighters are two septuagenarian pants-shitters

at this point, the bar is so low that people will declare biden the winner if doesn't collapse half way though it

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

happy "you're fired!" day

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1311474967247282177

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

they announced today that biden didn't test positive

yet :getin:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

DELETE CASCADE posted:

the funniest possible outcome is that trump dies during his current term, but then wins the election

the funniest possible outcome is a corpse v corpse match, which would be quite appropriate for a country that is sliding towards failed state status

as it stands, the current election is already sundown showdown 2020 where people are choosing between two demented rapists

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

PIZZA.BAT posted:

trump is all four chaos gods simultaneously lmfao

he did promise to drain the swamp, it just took a while

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1313551795646541824
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1313551798142152704

trmp going scorched earth

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

tbf, i don't see trump sincerely giving a gently caress about abortion beyond trying to ham it up for the crazy evangelical types

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol from the waffleimages randomiser in the pics thread

Politics, politics never changes

also

"want stimulus call a 900 number"

what decade is that lady from?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

PIZZA.BAT posted:

2000 would have been *really* pushing it but maybe

1980 was when we had a realistic shot and it wouldn't have been too disruptive, relatively speaking

"but some guy in the 70s said we'd all need spacesuits to go outside by now and it's fine so obviously it's all a hoax"

this is what boomers actually believe

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

the aca makes a few things slightly better in the current lovely system, but ultimately it's still unaffordable to a huge swath of people as the cheapest plan is several hundred a month with a deductible that results in bankruptcy for the kind of people who need cheaper insurance through the exchange

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

because it's flat wrong to say this? I'm from the flyovers and the ACA made my life and the lives of many of my friends better because we actually had health insurance when we graduated college unemployed.

only because you had parents who could afford insurance in the first place

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

only to succ-brained american neoliberals is something like single-payer healthcare, which by itself would massively improve the quality of life for millions, considered an unobtainable fantasy that would require upending society

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

akadajet posted:

i also care about
the absolutely bonkers wealth inequality going on
related to that: that we don't have social safety nets (people shouldn't have to be homeless)
the out of control police
that it's way the hell too easy for any moron to get a gun

any talk about disarming a segment of american society should really be accompanied by talk of random suburban police departments no longer getting armored personnel carriers and other hand-me-downs from the federal government that they ultimately have no use for

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

endlessmonotony posted:

But the "left-wing" option is "we'll keep fracking until we've bled the world dry" so guess that's not in the cards.

trump is the visible symptoms of an illness just before treatment is impossible

however, trump is the symptom of people like biden: a slow growing malignant tumor that has been destroying things from inside over decades. so much legislation that has lead to the current hellworld in the us has his name on it in some fashion

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIXRRm1Amas#t=126s

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

i would literally necromance my grandmother back into existence and stab her to death if it meant I could permanently relocate to Europe. That being said, I can't emigrate ANYWHERE right now so it's a moot point

where was she from? sometimes even great grandparents can get you in

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

With the anticipated upcoming control of the house, the senate and the presidency, there is the possibility of passing a constitutional amendment to add more judges to the supreme court, which would be significantly less sneaky and partisan than the hypocritical horseshit mcconnell has just pulled.

That is, unless...

you don't need a constitutional amendment, it says nothing about the number of justices. if that starts i'm looking forward to the inevitable justice arms race until the supreme court must convene in a stadium

and lol if you think any constitutional amendments are going to get through in the 21st century considering that anything must be approved by 38 of 50 states

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

PIZZA.BAT posted:

love to be ruled over by a bunch of dipshits with the notable achievement of sitting on the top of a vast plain of land

a lot of the old money in the us is from ancestral farmers who just happend to lay claim to a big chunk of land that was located near water or a railroad spur, yes

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Truman Peyote posted:

the way you can tell that joe biden intends to pack the court is when he steadfastly refuses to say that he will pack the court. real 4d chess poo poo

joe biden only repeats what his handlers and the teleprompter tell him. the man is more addled than reagan going into his second term

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

it's going to be pretty funny if, considering the elaborate system of checks and balances, rules of succession and so forth, what ultimately ends up being the beginning of the end for the us government is an 87 year old cancer patient dying of natural causes

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Oct 27, 2020

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

only old people with landlines answer polls in the united states.

they can't call cell phones.

who do you know that is under 50 and has a landline

people that hate trump aren't going to give the oppo data, they're going to hang up

they do call cell phones, but who answers unknown numbers in an era where they are usually a scam? apparently these people do exist, but the sample is heavily biased:

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1313851932428165120?s=20

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

sure did. is trump worse? or are they both in the Bad box, no comparison being possible?

people like biden, who have been tearing down the support systems while ushering in neoliberalism over the past 40+ years, are why you get people like trump to begin with

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Christian ethnofascism isnít going away just because Trump isnít prez anymore.

if anything, it will get worse as they feel marginalized and will push back even harder

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Beamed posted:

is moving to canada a bad option? i think i can swing it in my current company but i remember reading a couple takes back in 2016 that made me second guess it, like that it was just making the problem worse for others or something

pretty much every country is closed to non-citizens/non-permanent residents right now

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

That isn’t Trump though. That’s the GOP in general. Trump is the sleight of hand distraction while they loot.

if there is a silver lining to trump, it's that nobody except for conservative pundits are interested in protecting him, so they happily air all of the government's dirty laundry as opposed to, say, taking damning photos of those ice detention centers in 2014 and then not publishing them for years

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

spankmeister posted:

Is there any reason Trump could run again against Biden in 4 years? Are term limits consecutive or cumulative?

assuming they are both still alive, in 4 years biden will be 82 and probably deep enough into dementia that he'll be arguing with plants, and trump will be 78 and either coming off of or on the verge of a heart attack given his obesity

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

elementary school

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

pull my pants down all the way to my ankles

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i just enjoy the atmosphere

:hmmyes:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Fortaleza posted:

I think he'd rather stay in the senate and keep his sweet sweet committee positions than wind up in a cabinet position can be ignored on a whim.

Bernie's definitely friends with Biden though and I think that plays into the endorsement. People in the senate not named Cruz really do get along with each other a lot. Hell, Bernie was friends with McCain for god's sake.

remember when people were saying that you can't vote for mccain because he's too old (72 at the time) and obviously on the verge of death?

i wonder how many of those people are now screaming that you have to vote for a 78 year old with dementia?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

the top cop who jailed poor people because their kids ditched school

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

she's like oprah, except instead of everyone getting a car, everyone goes to jail

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

akadajet posted:

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1323625920595451904

lol this noob tried to color iran blue and instead did india

and antarctica is somehow red when it's uninhabited (outside of scientific personnel on a temporary basis) and unclaimed by any government

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lmao why is Liberia randomly voting for the democrats?

maybe something about it being founded as a colony for repatriated former american slaves?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

polls in 2016 were very different than polls in 2020. also, of course there is a slight early rush of republican voters in florida on election day - most everyone else already voted. however, florida is not going trump. more people have already voted here than voted total in 2016. no one who wasnít already a trump voter is getting off the couch to pull the lever for him. trump will still get around 62m votes but biden is gonna get 75-80m nationwide.

polls in 2020 are still broken because the overwhelming majority of people don't answer calls from numbers they don't recognize, and the ones that do tend to be older liberal types

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

El Mero Mero posted:

My only piece of solace* was that McConnell spiked the stimulus - which is something that obviously would have helped trump immensely.

That struck me as a "we've got what we wanted out of this useful idiot. Let's cut him loose." kind of move.

*They're a death cult and delaying help to people is both onbrand for republicans and lovely as gently caress.

nobody wanted to compromise on a stimulus because it let them shift the blame to the other side. at the very least, a skinny bill that extended boosted weekly unemployment and eviction protections could have gotten though. not ideal overall, but it would address the most important issue of keeping people from starving on the street

america is run by a wealthy gerontocracy and your life is a meaningless statistic to them

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

IIRC McConnell wanted immunity for businesses wrt covid deaths and that would have been a license to OPENERUP and shovel (even more) people into the furnace of capitalism. The Dems didn't go for that because that's incredibly horrifying even for them.

no argument here

wealthy walking corpses engaging in ideological slapfights while the country literally and figuratively burns down is 2020 in a nutshell though

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

fart simpson posted:

now who can i vote for to make this stuff happen

nobody who actually has a chance of winning

gloria or howie

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

fart simpson posted:

i voted for howie

:same:

i feel ok about not voting for either obnoxious, gropey, addled, racist rapist