Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

well he has a high change of dying in the line of duty like most pa cops: getting drunk down the shore and drowning

AnimeIsTrash posted:

She's just a nice lady who is being wrongly persecuted. Don't take it from me, take it from her brothers and sisters who run her twitter account.

https://twitter.com/realghislaine?lang=en

she should start a fund with the silk road dude about white people being unjustly punished for their crime (any punishment)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

https://twitter.com/PghPublicSafety/status/1398762785220218880

It kicks rear end that people move to this place because they don’t want to pay taxes to our lovely violent dirty city but the minute they need big city resources they absolutely come crying for them. Lol

lol the ross pds last three twitter posts are
“there was a snake!”
“check out this bear!”
“weve lost our fb password please follow twitter for updates”

pgh should find some way to force annex them but if pittsburgh ever does anything clever the leg will immediately ban it. what the gently caress were pittsburghs leaders doing in the 70s that got them so screwed at the constitutional convention where philly just essentially got to write in “we can ignore the state government”

i know the actual answer is the mob but still

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

qirex posted:

the need to learn from the private sector, incorporate a new city called “PGH Holdings” including legacy pittsburgh and new annexed area

They need to somehow just take over Allegheny County and then, this is the important part, blow up the tunnels on I-80 and I-76 before annexing the entire counting into a single polity

by the time they clear the road to harrisburg it'll be too late

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

SporkOfTruth posted:

sort of, but part of the issue is that the neurological ones specifically are from an incredibly hosed up small sample from the 1990s

e:
from a prior AP story I linked but can't find the actual AP story link for:

i think the obvious conclusion should be that people from san diego are dumber than the average

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

quote:

"everyone reacted based on what his personality is, so to say, some got more scared, others less, that's normal," Marin Dimitrov said

Strong slav energy with this quote.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Beamed posted:

i dont personally have a problem with cspam but tori and others have lamented how terrible it is for their mental health, but they cant shake the addiction

i mean this is everyone is cspam

also the trump thread is great if you don't acually read about pooping on lemons or whatever and just post TRUMEP

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that thread should've stayed gone, this poo poo is just embarrassing

lol darkmode and no avs

you probably use amberpos too

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Kazinsal posted:

there are so many good andre stories. shame being that large is a guaranteed death sentence by your mid 40s

the drinking and wrasslin' also didn't help

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Kazinsal posted:

yeah you know what if I were seven feet tall and knew I only had five decades on this earth max I would definitely be drunkenly powerbombing people every night too

:hmmyes:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories/leslie-rossi-trump-house-creator-be-sworn-monday-pennsylvania-house/AQGZML4JWJB3ZI7OERQBMJLO5A/

Let's reflect for a minute on how insane this is, this woman turned her home into a shrine to Donald Trump and was nominated and placed in state government for doing it. lmao

lmao “died suddenly”. like him catching covid was just something that happened alongside his heart exploding.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Master of the senate folks.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Can should must and will

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

there are a shitload of bootlickers in there mad that it took her 2 minutes to stop even though its perfectly legal to wait until you are somewhere safe to pull over in almost all of america

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

eschaton posted:

this is called a “code enforcement officer” and some municipalities have them and they can ticket anything that’s out of code according to their scope of work

Cupertino, CA has code enforcement only, and relies on Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office for policing

as much as people hate them, the Philly Parking Authority is probably responsible for saving thousands of lives with how bloodthirsty the Philly PD is

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It's okay the NED is already on the job.

mod sass is a bannable offense

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

fart simpson posted:

my favorite cia thing is how they kept dropping white guys who didnt speak chinese into 1950s china to do covert operations and they kept getting caught and executed or imprisoned. the ethnic chinese agents they dropped turned into communists and set traps for the other guys coming in. by 1952: "At that point, the CIA had dropped 212 agents into China, resulting in 101 agents killed and 111 captured" lol

ah so the "just send your spy reports to http://china-spys.cia.gov/top-secret_fileUpload" has a long and storied history

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

SmokaDustbowl posted:

wait, you need your spouses permission to transition there?

they don't have no fault divorce in knifecrime island. this is why the terfsquad is focusing on the most important issue facing women: making sure your spouse is forced to live as their birth gender

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Lol the olympics just banned a bunch of black women runners for the crimes of "smoking pot" and "not feminine enough"

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

qirex posted:

perhaps the media could stop spreading unsubstantiated claims by the worst people in the world without a smidge of critical thinking then we wouldn’t have this problem???

if it's not true why do we keep uncritically publishing CoC press releases saying it is?????

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

*Obama voice* If you like your insurance, you can keep it.

unless you are in one of the few powerful unions left. you cant keep yours.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Fabricated posted:

Biden unironically bugs me less than Obama because what hagiography of Biden there is- it's typical Dem media horseshit. Biden is Biden and pretty openly does not seem to care or believe in the image people are trying to create for him as this dude who has transformed into the new FDR- he's still very openly a blithering dipshit racist who thinks the Republicans are his friends during the 2-3 hours a day he can draw a clock accurately.

Obama was a pure, cynical snake-oil salesman who pissed away an entire generation of new voters he inspired by being a completely feckless piece of poo poo. Obama is far more responsible for Trump than Hillary is, even on the face of Hillary being a uniquely terrible candidate nobody liked that ran a bad campaign.

One of the "benefits" of biden's scrapple brains is that his admin is just a coalition of the wings of the dem party that's most powerful right now, which is why we have a mix of good things (mostly labor policy) and bad things (state dept, immigration etc). Overall it is better than Obama rolling in with the Freakonomics U of Chicago wonderkid administration.

But it also means he can't do poo poo to influence the terrible dem leadership (Manchin, Pelosi)

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

yeah lol at blaming warren for 2020 when it's pretty well known Obama had to yell at everyone to get behind Biden to stop bernie. that and him stopping the nba strike made 2020 a great year for him.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Fabricated posted:

I feel like Manchin and Pelosi are uniquely in positions that insulate them from basically anybody being able to apply real pressure to them. In a magical Earth 2 where Bernie managed to get the nom and won with larger house/senate majorities he'd absolutely be hamstrung by whatever rotating stable of villains that would emerge. If the dems had like 65 senate seats with each one past 50 being a solid leftist, you'd have a whole lineup of lovely centrist/right-wing dems from the first 50 lining up next to Manchin to throw a wrench in the works.

Oh most definitely. But there at least would be a lot of yelling as opposed to "well nothing you can do about that jack, dignity of the senate"

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

anti-hellworld: the NLRB has officially determined that it is not a violation of the National Labor Relations Act for a union to make a huge inflatable rat and/or grim reaper and install it at a worksite or place of employment, regardless of that employer's unionization status.

:toot:

hell yeah. they have two rats up by an amazon facility going up over the grave of an old wal mart around here.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

hell yeah. they have two rats up by an amazon facility going up over the grave of an old wal mart around here.

update: a massive storm just swept through blowing down whatever bits of construction they are have done. the surrounding roads are covered in debris. the rats are still standing, however.

this is why you use union contactors.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

"My sister in law makes a pretty good wage in atlantic city"

i.e. is getting paid at all in atlantic city

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

graph posted:

just cast my vote for nina turner. feels goodman

the dems running so hard on brown being a rubber stamp that the plain dealer endorsed turner always give me a minor chuckle

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Matthew mcconaughey should run for Texas govenor unironically. He can run on good vibes.

"Governor would you care to comment on your prior statementsabout how high school girls always stay the same age?"

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

a rent forgiveness would massively benefit the poor and shut up (temporarily) all those dumbass landlords who are constantly whining on twitter as well as inject tons of now free money into both groups of people spending but we wont do it because of moral hazards or something

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

graph posted:

the morning sport show was bombarded with ‘MY GIRLFRIEND IS HALF CHEROKEE AND SHE SAYS WAHOO WAS FINE’ and 'I WENT TO A RESERVATION TWO WEEKS AGO AND THEY WERE ALL WEARING INDIANS GEAR' callers lmao

Sure it all said "World Series Champs 2016" but it was still cleveland merch

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

fart simpson posted:

joe biden wants to use the might of us empire to crush china and immiserate my family.

tbh annihilating all of maine was a pretty popular plank for him

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

graph posted:

some fat pig cop with a goatee in a county an hour away put out a press release from the sheriffs office condemning the baseball team name change lol

Trumball? or somewhere even more insignificant?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

cops said the dude planting the baggy was just returning it to the car and they only issued the driver a ticket for speeding.

do you get to keep the cop coke in this case? some sergeant was probably really upset that his weekend plans were ruined

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Agile Vector posted:

yep!

trumball sounds like it'd be on par but it looks like it's portage which is also very on brand for them. dude's increasingly insular white guy salty tears posts through it and all i can do is lol

https://www.cleveland19.com/2021/07/25/portage-county-sheriff-expresses-disappointment-hopelessness-over-cleveland-indians-name-change

'when i watched them with my grandfathers' lmao. bonus points for his 'my wife has native ancestors' fig leaf for his bad opinions

i especially like the 'impulsive demands' after a good half a century at minimum and how it impacts 'industries nationwide'. my thought is that they are gonna print all new gear and everyone has a reason to buy first edition releases more than the usual limited run jerseys and hats so this'll be a big gangbusters year for sales

lol this is the dude that gets a human interest story every 4 years about how he doesnt watch the election returns but goes out to collect his signs because he never has any significant challenges. i dont even think he has much of a department beyond hauling people to court in ravenna because the OHP handles policing in portage outside of the towns

in short acab.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Sniep posted:

i wonder how far thru his SA cashout he is

the most expensive cookie order on goldbelly rn is 250 bucks plus shipping probably about 1/3 of the way through his million jeffbucks

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

The Fool posted:

yes, love to be putting my son in unnecessary risk

joe and the dem gerontocracy have been very clear that the children can go gently caress themselves

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

LanceHunter posted:

I'm kind of curious about what Hobby Lobby's endgame is with all these relics. Like, are they just convinced that if they collect enough of them they'll find the payroll document for the Tower of Babel or the schematics for Noah's arc or something? Or are they planning on letting a bunch of biblical "experts" review all the tablets so that they can explain how whatever is on there is actually proof that the King James bible is 100% literally real? (Or, even worse, were they hoping they would get a chance to doctor the tablets to insert some creationist message?)

it was to build a bible museum so they could grift charitable donations

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

not with that attitude their wont be

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

graph posted:

uh

how is nina losing

the dems are gonna spend all their money and power tossing out leftists while letting statehouses and congress fall to the chuds

the obama era is back baby <wolfhowl>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Stringent posted:

i honestly don't know, the only interactions i or anyone i personally know have had with cops are asking for directions, filling out lost and found forms and traffic violations while driving.

i would expect that if you called them they'd show up in a pretty timely manner, but yeah there's a lot of hosed up laws (do yourself a favor and don't look up japan's laws regarding sexual assault), and iunno like, crime is pretty uncommon to start with and crimes that ppl want to involve the cops in are rarer still, so i guess most cops never really have to deal with investigating things so they're not particularly well trained?

i honestly have no idea, you'd probably be able to get as much of an idea as i could just by googling stuff for a while.

there was a video of the cops in tokyo raiding some communist party HQ (Kakurokyo) where they brought in a saw to just cut a hole out of the wall

as they started cutting one of the guys (who they were there to arrest) came out the door next to the wall and started arguing with the cops trying to cut a hole in the wall, there was some pushing until both he and the cop he was arguing with was restrained by their respective parties, like a fight in a football game

I imagine such a scenario would have gone somewhat differently in america