Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Fashion is dumb as gently caress and is helping to destroy the planet. We should all wear jumpsuits with lots of pockets. A light cotton one for warmer temperatures and a heavier one for winter. Thermal underwear if it gets real cold. Plus we can customize it with patches/buttons. gently caress fashion so hard I hate shopping for clothes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

The_Continental posted:

You need to be like %99.99999 percentile attractiveness to pull off a dragon shirt.

I'm trying to imagine who is this attractive and I'm coming up short. Ryan Gosling? No. Chris Evans? No. All my Hollywood crushes fall short.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

best bale posted:

Those and the dr. Seuss hats

poo poo my entire 9th grade class made our own Cat in the Hat hats out of felt and then went to read Dr Seuss books to elderly people in rest homes. The 90s were wild.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

davidspackage posted:

I don't recall Bugs having 3 small elephant trunks growing on his head

That's the Mandela Effect for you.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

I just watched the episode of Voyager where they travel back to 1996 and and oh boy men's blazers are so loose and flappy. Are they back yet? I hope so. Seeing serious business men in unflattering, flappy clothes would make me smile.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Son of Rodney posted:

While we're talking about ugly fashion that is back in fashion, here are some things that are currently common with young woman where I live

Grandma pants, that could have been raided from my late grandmother's closet

Cordaroy flared pants.

Buffalloo boots. These especially went down in my memory as the dumbest thing that happened in my youth. There were also known as ankle breakers since girls would fall over with them all the time, shattering their ankles.

In general everything that was popular when I was a teen is coming back, and it boggles my mind.

Grandma stuff has been in vogue with young women for over a year now. Big clear plastic glass frames, frumpy ruffled shirts, big jackets and blazers. It's dumb as gently caress and just another ploy to get women to buy more cheaply made, environment destroying fast fashion. Designers and retailers have long ago run out of any good ideas and are just making whatever poo poo they can think of for the new season so we will buy buy buy!

I hate shopping for clothes because of this and lots of other women do as well. All fashion is designed for one body type - waif thin, small breastfed, small butted, and tall. I am big boobed, big butted, and short legged. More than half the shirts available simply do not fit over my boobs, even the XLs, and when they do fit my boobs they are so loose elsewhere it's like wearing a potato sack. Pants are always way too long and same issue with my butt. Shopping for clothes as a woman is a constant reminder that if you aren't "perfect" in the eyes of the designers and retailers, you do not deserve clothes that fit. I mostly wear stretchy dresses and long shirts over leggings or athletic clothes because that's the only things I can find that fit comfortably. Admittedly it's gotten a little better with larger (lol) retailers like H&M and Primark, but a most of the general templates simply do not flatter anyone but stick thin models.

This is why I advocate for utilitarian jumpsuits for everyone. I'm so weary of this bullshit.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Did she steal that from David Byrne?

Boxy suits: Look at the guys on the left. It's like they have suits made of cardboard that are attached to them with tabs and clips

It looks like kids putting their heads through a fun standee at a carnival. Look mom, I'm business man, take my picture!

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Last year I remember seeing fanny packs for sale. Haven't been shopping since, but since everything has been in stasis I am going to say yes, fanny packs are cool again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Telemaze posted:

Please tell me where you get long shirts for women nowadays. I'm barely 5'3" and even still, every top lately just hits the waistband of my jeans. It's so annoying.

I haven't bought 'new' clothes in a long time. A used clothes store opened up near me last month and I went hog wild buying long sweaters that had been in people's closets for years before making their way there. H&M had short dresses that I use as skirts over tights, but like I said, it's been at least two years since I bought 'new' clothes. Trying to put together workable outfits assembling outfits in a wasteland without any of the fun.