Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Son of Rodney posted:

Other honorable mentions are the Justin Bieber "pooped my" pants

I forgot about those, ugh. :doh: Almost definitely the worst of '10s fashion, and I say "almost" because I might have been so traumatized by the rest of it that I forgot it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

World Famous W posted:

Clothing is just oppression of the nudists. All clothes should be outlawed

Nudism seems all well and good, until you think about public transportation.

edit: I bet it would be cool to take a naked rollercoaster ride though.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Skratte posted:

the dumbest clothing thing is when you buy women's pants and they APPEAR to have pockets but the pockets were actually false lol hope you didn't want to carry keys or something

Enfys posted:

Or they have itty bitty pockets that can't actually hold anything other than maybe a folded up post-it :argh:

I don't know why this is a thing. My pants should be able to hold a wallet, keys, and a cell phone. Who wants to bring a whole purse with them to go grocery-shopping?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

trickybiscuits posted:

Also sweatpants with fitted lower legs used to drive me into a silent rage. I still don't like them, but I think I don't have the energy to care anymore.

Same. They're literally never comfortable. I got one pair of "lounge" sweatpants in college and never looked back. Even my way-too-short sweatpants are better than fitted-lower-leg ones.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Ralph Crammed In posted:

All fashion is designed for one body type - waif thin, small breastfed, small butted, and tall. I am big boobed, big butted, and short legged. More than half the shirts available simply do not fit over my boobs, even the XLs, and when they do fit my boobs they are so loose elsewhere it's like wearing a potato sack. Pants are always way too long and same issue with my butt. Shopping for clothes as a woman is a constant reminder that if you aren't "perfect" in the eyes of the designers and retailers, you do not deserve clothes that fit.

Bingo. As a big-boobed, big-butted, relatively short? (5'6 1/2") woman, I feel your pain. There also seems to be an idea that all plus-sized women are shaped like cylinders, which is all well & good for women with that kind of shape, but every once in a while I'll try on size 18 jeans that end up fitting like tight maternity clothes.

quote:

I mostly wear stretchy dresses and long shirts over leggings or athletic clothes because that's the only things I can find that fit comfortably. Admittedly it's gotten a little better with larger (lol) retailers like H&M and Primark, but a most of the general templates simply do not flatter anyone but stick thin models.

This is why I advocate for utilitarian jumpsuits for everyone. I'm so weary of this bullshit.

I'm too lumpy & tomboyish for stretchy dresses and too stubborn to wear Spanx, so I'm inclined to agree. My current uniform is basically oversized metal t-shirt + jeans + skate shoes/Docs anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Skratte posted:

I used to like skinny jeans. Then I put on some weight and stopped wearing them for a while (not because you have to be skinny to wear them but because I didn't feel like buying another pair). Recently I lost all that weight and dug my old pants out from storage and man I guess you have to get used to them because now it's like "why did I like this?". Feels like being stuffed into a sausage casing.

I actually liked skinny jeans MORE when I gained weight. As far as "being stuffed into a sausage casing", for me it feels more like having corsets for my flabby thighs. :v:

edit: I think what I think of as skinny jeans are actually jeggings. Are skinny jeans that stretch automatically jeggings?

quote:

Dumb clothing thing: it used to drive me insane back when I still bought women's clothes (am trans) that women's shirts are all so short. They're all cut to end at your belt line so if you raise your arms even slightly whoops everyone can see your disgusting stomach. Great. That's not terrible at all.

Uuuuugh yes. As if bottom garments of all kinds aren't unforgiving enough, then you have to deal with short shirts showing off exactly how & where the top of your jeans dig into your gut. Gotta love it.

edit:

Guttlesswonder posted:

But you know how a hustler rolls on casual Friday

Why do people even like bodysuits/rompers? Like most normal people, I require my bathroom business to be as simple & stress-free as possible at all times.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Oct 2, 2020