Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

can we talk about how electricity works in Friday one second it kills him, the next movie it brings him back, in Part 7 in one movie it both kills him and brings him back WHAT is going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Timeless Appeal posted:

Yeah, I know. I'm saying that Part 2 is actively trying to thread the needle of explaining how Jason went from weird Frog Boy to Killbilly. The five year time jump really only exists to justify that he actually aged and grew up. So, the implication is that his "drowning" happened a lot later, he didn't die, the end of Part 1 really did happen, and he only was living on his own for a few years. The movie implies that Jason saw his mom die as a kid.

Part 7 establishes that if someone drowns in Crystal Lake they are actually kept in a kind of stasis, and can be revived by an immediate family member being in mortal peril on the shore. Jason drowned in the lake, was in stasis until the psychic cry of his mother awoke him(that's how he "saw" her die, he didn't see it with his eyes it was a psychic image), then he lived in the woods for five years. Five years is enough time for a child to become much larger.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Kvlt! posted:

can we talk about how electricity works in Friday one second it kills him, the next movie it brings him back, in Part 7 in one movie it both kills him and brings him back WHAT is going on

Electricity can both kill you and bring you back to life too!

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

Electricity can both kill you and bring you back to life too!

Yes but what electrical system takes lightning level AC voltage. Jason either has unreasonable energy needs or is a glorified grounding rod.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Kvlt! posted:

Yes but what electrical system takes lightning level AC voltage. Jason either has unreasonable energy needs or is a glorified grounding rod.

Maybe it's a Crank 2 situation

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

If you are already a zombie lighting and electricity kills you , if you are not a zombie and are "dead" it bring you back to life. Also Jason was brought back by electricity more than once , its how he is revived in part 8 as well.

It makes sense.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
it does whatever zeus decided it would it do when he cast the bolt

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

Maybe it's a Crank 2 situation

this is most plausible

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Thank god its not a Crank 1 situation and we get a Jason sex scene.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

dorium posted:

Maybe Rob Zombie will remake F13 and we'll get a Jason sex scene with a grainy film filter in slow motion while Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Simple Man" plays over it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The sex scene in my treatment for Jason & Sadako is very tasteful. Of course who knows what the director will do with it.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Gripweed posted:

The sex scene in my treatment for Jason & Sadako is very tasteful. Of course who knows what the director will do with it.

Jason vs. Sadako script posted:

INT CABIN

JASON flicks the blood off his machete and it splatters onto the still running television. He turns to leave and THE VIDEO starts playing. JASON is captivated by the images.

The phone rings. JASON awkwardly lifts the receiver, as though he's mimicking an action he's seen rather than something he regularly does.

SADAKO (V.O.)

[Croaking sounds.]

JASON

[Heavy breathing.]

Jason vs. Sadako script posted:

TABETHA crawls painfully away from JASON. JASON closes in and raises the hook as the clock chimes eight. As the last chime fades, the television turns on to a staticky channel.

SADAKO emerges from the television in her herky-jerky fashion. Her flickering movement speeds up as she moves toward JASON. SADAKO grabs JASON putting her hands on both sides of his head and her face close. SADAKO tears JASON'S mask aside.

They kiss passionately.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

LMAO but also :catstare:

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

I was honestly hoping for a dip kiss after Sadako removes the mask

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

sadako pegs jason

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Kvlt! posted:

sadako pegs jason

:hmmyes:

I'm glad we're on the wavelength

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

dorium posted:

Gripweed posted:

Kvlt! posted:

sadako pegs jason

This likely exists in some fanfic archive along with weirder stuff and the obligatory Jason's in high school and who will he take to the prom stuff. God knows there's a ton of Leatherface in highschool fics out there.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kvlt! posted:

sadako pegs jason

That explains those faces in the US remake, at least.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

M_Sinistrari posted:

This likely exists in some fanfic archive along with weirder stuff and the obligatory Jason's in high school and who will he take to the prom stuff. God knows there's a ton of Leatherface in highschool fics out there.

I didn't pull the Jason/Sadako pairing out of thin air

https://twitter.com/BAKKOOONN/status/997752140075556864?s=20

https://twitter.com/owzki/status/1267629960719511552?s=20

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

I was honestly hoping for a dip kiss after Sadako removes the mask

That's really a decision the actors and director will make on shooting day.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Jason is an Ace.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Hollismason posted:

Jason is an Ace.

Out of the Freddy, Michael, Leatherface, and Jason solo albums, Jason sold the most with his hit single "Crystal Lake Groove"

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Kvlt! posted:

Out of the Freddy, Michael, Leatherface, and Jason solo albums, Jason sold the most with his hit single "Crystal Lake Groove"

Freddy would be Paul
Jason would be Ace
Michael would be Gene
Leatherface would be Peter

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

NUMBER 1 FULCI FAN posted:

Freddy would be Paul
Jason would be Ace
Michael would be Gene

this lineup singing "I Was Made For Lovin' You"

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Freddy would be Paul
Jason would be Ace
Michael would be Gene

Personally I'd switch Jason and Michael, because Jason was more consistently the star of his own franchise.

Also, Ghostface is clearly the Vinnie, but I'm not sure who the best fit for Eric would be. And while it'd be easy enough to ignore any members of Kiss who weren't old-school enough to have their own makeup design, Slasher Kiss would also need a Bruce to play "I'd Fight Hell to Hold You" on the best-of album.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Hollismason posted:

Jason is an Ace.
Nah, I think he's just a frustrated incel.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I think there are serious issues with entering into a romantic relationship with someone who has developmental issues, severe ptsd and no education.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Lurdiak posted:

I think there are serious issues with entering into a romantic relationship with someone who has developmental issues, severe ptsd and no education.

Are you talking about Jason or Sadako?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

deety posted:

Personally I'd switch Jason and Michael, because Jason was more consistently the star of his own franchise.

Also, Ghostface is clearly the Vinnie, but I'm not sure who the best fit for Eric would be. And while it'd be easy enough to ignore any members of Kiss who weren't old-school enough to have their own makeup design, Slasher Kiss would also need a Bruce to play "I'd Fight Hell to Hold You" on the best-of album.

The remake Freddie is Tommy Thayer, bc I have respect for Jackie Earl Hayley but hell never be like the original. Same with Thayer.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Gripweed posted:

Are you talking about Jason or Sadako?

Sadako went to school

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Tarnop posted:

Sadako went to school

For how long? I thought she got locked up in that barn or whatever at some point.

And I don't recall it being established Jason didn't go to school before he died. He went to summer camp, so I would imagine he also went to school.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

In Ring 0: Birthday, Sadako finishes school and joins an acting troupe. She's 19 when she's killed.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Tarnop posted:

In Ring 0: Birthday, Sadako finishes school and joins an acting troupe. She's 19 when she's killed.

Let's just say that the Ring series isn't particularly consistent with its story.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

It's reasonably consistent across the three films. When she climbs out of the well she's clearly a teenager at the youngest, so 19 at time of death holds up. I don't know what the reference was to being locked in a barn, American remake perhaps? But that's not Sadako.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

FreudianSlippers posted:

In the American remake she's like 12.

e:
A very rare case of an American remake of a Japanese story aging a character down instead of up

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

How are those gang tags coming along? Are we going to have any Christmas miracles?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Retro Futurist posted:

How are those gang tags coming along? Are we going to have any Christmas miracles?

The gods abandoned us

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Freddy would be Paul
Jason would be Ace
Michael would be Gene

Freddy is John Lennon - Sharp wit, acid tongue, got murdered.
Michael is George Harrison - quiet, never does anything spectacular, but is the most focused and dedicated of the group.
Leatherface is Paul McCartney - not exactly subtle, but solid and with a lot of range.
Jason is Ringo Starr - best slasher in the world? He isn't even the best slasher in the Beatles.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I would like to petition that the goto slasher quartet is Jason, Michael, Freddy, and Chucky.

Leather is not even the big bad in 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
TCM a shouldn’t even be considered a slasher imo and 2 even less so.