Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Something interesting to note about the first video: you can see other player ghosts in the fight with the Vanguard! Obviously they aren't other players because the servers have been shut down, which means there are pre-fabricated "player" ghosts hanging around in specific places. I only knew about one specific one; I never noticed there were pre-fabs in the Vanguard fight.

I'm always happy to see people tackling Demon's Souls. Really like what I've watched so far. Just remember that you're presumably making this free content because it's fun for you to do so, so don't feel obligated to justify your content to other people.

edit: of course I'd manage to pause the video before you point out the player phantoms to make a post

liquidypoo fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Nidoking posted:

There should be an aiming cursor for bows. You might need to equip the bow in your left hand to get it. I know, it's weird. Demon's Souls.

If I might correct you here real quicklike, it's actually that you want to hit L1 once you've two-handed the bow. That's what puts you into the aiming view. There're a couple of smaller quirks with the aiming system but I think it's best left for rojo to figure out the rest :v:

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

To answer your question about your bloodstain: it absolutely stays where you died last until you either die again or pick it up. You theoretically could die at the tower knight, decide to complete the entirety of valley of defilement in one go without dying (somehow), and return to tower knight to find your stain still waiting for you.

Also I feel dumb for never trying fire on the ball of bodies enemy! Wow, kinda obvious in hindsight. I always just chipped away at it for much longer than apparently necessary.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

I also want to point out something in the smithing upgrade tree, since you appeared to skim by while mainlining your new battleaxe to +5. Hopefully you noticed, but when you were at +3, prepping to click on the +4 upgrade, your axe had a few branching paths. Probably worth noting that +3 and +6 are kind of branch milestones, so you'll see further upgrade paths at that point instead of just immediately on a fresh weapon. I want to say more, and cover the subject of boss soul weapons, but it's still a little too early to give you specifics on those :v:

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Man, I was so worried you'd missed that interaction with Patches by beating Flamelurker. Good to know he still hangs out with that bugbear trap, even if the Dragon God is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

There's something of a common experience I want you to at least be aware of from the Old Monk fight. As Nidoking detailed, anybody summoned to be the Old Monk fight gets to just wait around while waiting for their target to make their way up to the boss room. For a certain number of players, this meant figuring out the ideal place to stand (right next to the fog door), and preparing their strongest spell. The spell that I'm thinking of comes from somewhere you haven't seen yet, so unfortunately I have to stay real vague on this one. This specific spell has a cast time that's about the same length as the animation of walking through the fog door.

So, uh, the player Old Monk takes their position, waits for the sound of their victim walking through the fog door, and presses the button. The instant their victim regains control, they're already in the middle of active hitboxes they can do absolutely nothing about, and the spell is usually powerful enough to kill unprepared players in a single cast. People were absolute dicks with this boss setup. Also there were the players who would bring 99 new moon grasses to brick wall the poor soul just trying to beat a boss.