Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
got fired at work after all those n-bombs started flying. thanks duncan.

oh well, that just means more unabated dd&w time at my apartment :cheerdoge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

saint anime posted:

wait single time? I guess you're not fully caught up yet lol, that's all I'll say

holy poo poo i was *not* ready but the ho chi minhotaur episode. when derrick says "roll 20..... for n-word pass" and the dead silence after the dice fall and Craig plays his "NATURAAAAL 20!" soundboard voiceclip caused me to make weird guffawing noises with my mouth.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I think this thread is about a fake podcast

saint anime
Jul 28, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

ArfJason posted:

holy poo poo i was *not* ready but the ho chi minhotaur episode. when derrick says "roll 20..... for n-word pass" and the dead silence after the dice fall and Craig plays his "NATURAAAAL 20!" soundboard voiceclip caused me to make weird guffawing noises with my mouth.

My wife, who is as dark as a drow, got a loving good laugh out of that.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Farg posted:

Ok weirdo... do you have any proof?

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Farg posted:

WHAT THE DEUCE?!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This week’s DD&W was a return to form. A nice Desnifto bit, some disagreement and discussion, and naked, articulated contempt for Pathfinder.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

I know people these days say "don't use a different species for a race analogy" but using drow as the stand in for African slaves worked out really well narratively. There was that great moment where the drow's natural resistance to sleep magic allowed them to make a grand escape from a plantation, which led to the doubly great moment when the ku klux klan characters that were used for funny side bits showed up and weren't such a joke anymore.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

ArfJason posted:

lol someone has got to animate that clip and put it on loving youtube. it will go viral overnight... its so loving funny. jensen just let it slide too lmao

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

the athenian campaign starting with a roll against blind for plato shows how much preparation goes into these things for me. extreme deuteronomist vibes

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

welp, they just took down the travis episode. another classic lost to the freaking podcast police.

its called roleplaying, dipshit, travis's character is allowed to say those words.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Paladinus posted:

I liked early episodes, but later on it became very apparent that a lot of the banter is scripted, and I suspect they are not even drunk for the most of it. You can literally google Hans's real name, and see that he had to attend AA meetings after a DUI, so if he still drinks, or the boys drink around him, it'd be kind of weird. Props to them for powering through tough times, of course. There are still some funny bits, but it kind of ruined it for me. The magic is just not there anymore.

Shut up r-word. Stop listening if you don't like it and get.out.of this.thread!

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
sorry but in the last episode, when Saladin rolled a natural 18 adjusted 25 for a grapple check shouldn't the DC have been affected by Richard's being flat-footed after the Assassin Dervish hit him with a nauseate spell? like, this is 3e for a reason, right? i know that everyone's in it for the goofs but if they're just going to ignore the mechanics of the game then this podcast may as well be the freaking Adventure Zone for all the railroading that's happening.

i don't mean to bring things down but nobody mentioned it in the afterpod and i was like -- really??

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
motherf*cker now i've got the "SALADIN THE PALADIN!" audio drop stuck in my head...

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Bonaventure posted:

sorry but in the last episode, when Saladin rolled a natural 18 adjusted 25 for a grapple check shouldn't the DC have been affected by Richard's being flat-footed after the Assassin Dervish hit him with a nauseate spell? like, this is 3e for a reason, right? i know that everyone's in it for the goofs but if they're just going to ignore the mechanics of the game then this podcast may as well be the freaking Adventure Zone for all the railroading that's happening.

i don't mean to bring things down but nobody mentioned it in the afterpod and i was like -- really??

Being flat-footed means you lose your ac bonus from dexterity but does not provide an implicit penalty. You should really consult the SRD before you make embarassing claims like this

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Being flat-footed means you lose your ac bonus from dexterity but does not provide an implicit penalty. You should really consult the SRD before you make embarassing claims like this

:doh:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

welp, they just took down the travis episode. another classic lost to the freaking podcast police.

its called roleplaying, dipshit, travis's character is allowed to say those words.

not only that but first of all travis is a p. chill bernie bro with his own leftist podcast so he deserves the benefit of the doubt, and it was just more bullshit from the reddit. and plus it was funny as gently caress too. AND he was drunk when he said it off three millers

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
Really enjoyed the last episode, but I was a bit worried for Slater. I heard him opening at least 6 cans. Hmmmm, ARLD much? He briefly talked about it for 20 seconds on the August 2nd's episode, not to mention he's made way too many mentions of gastritis over the year for me to believe they're just jokes (Just a few examples on February 14th and April 17th off the top of my head, but there's more). And he was feeling very cranky and aggressive at the very end, I thought he was gonna have a stroke. Thom, if you're here, please consider calling an ambulance next time this happens. Also, give us a sign everything is well, he hasn't tweeted in the past 14 hours. :ohdear:

saint anime
Jul 28, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Is the group a bunch of enablers? Yeah. Is it funny as poo poo? Yeah.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Fucker posted:

Really enjoyed the last episode, but I was a bit worried for Slater. I heard him opening at least 6 cans. Hmmmm, ARLD much? He briefly talked about it for 20 seconds on the August 2nd's episode, not to mention he's made way too many mentions of gastritis over the year for me to believe they're just jokes (Just a few examples on February 14th and April 17th off the top of my head, but there's more). And he was feeling very cranky and aggressive at the very end, I thought he was gonna have a stroke. Thom, if you're here, please consider calling an ambulance next time this happens. Also, give us a sign everything is well, he hasn't tweeted in the past 14 hours. :ohdear:

it was 7 according the spreadsheet that the subreddit maintains (they may be toxic psychos but they are useful sometimes). I'm not the type to speculate on the personal life of someone i've never met but for the record the season 2 average is 5.8 per episode so it's only a little more than normal. season 1 average is 5.6 but I remember there being some controversy on the sub because their original recording setup was pretty bad which makes the audio analysis less conclusive.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
WELP, Slater blocked me on twitter due to my DMs :shobon: This probably means he's well, though, so I'll take it. :thumbsup:

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Gotta apologize for my earlier comment gang this is a great p'cast

saint anime
Jul 28, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

parthenocarpy posted:

the athenian campaign starting with a roll against blind for plato shows how much preparation goes into these things for me. extreme deuteronomist vibes

Loved your documentary type videos of the MasaoHF saga. It would be cool if you did one for DD&W..if you need episode timestamps, lore, etc I gotchu. Lotta people in this thread and on the discord, link incoming, who would be more than willing to pitch in.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Farg posted:

Thanks. iTunes seems to have blocked them after the travis episode so it can be tough to find. Hopefully now that it's down they'll get back up there and something positive will come out of this loss.

saint anime
Jul 28, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
It's sort of like Space Station 13, tbh. There's publically talked about stuff, but that's just the surface of it. You have to do a lot of digging, a lot of what.cd application type stuff, whispers and signals on various image boards, etc to get the entire episode list. Sort of Death Grips pre 2012 atmosphere. A lot of listeners would be pissed if they knew this thread existed. A lot of the fanbase, especially of the earlier stuff, is kept under wraps by elitist gate keeping.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

saint anime posted:

It's sort of like Space Station 13, tbh. There's publically talked about stuff, but that's just the surface of it. You have to do a lot of digging, a lot of what.cd application type stuff, whispers and signals on various image boards, etc to get the entire episode list. Sort of Death Grips pre 2012 atmosphere. A lot of listeners would be pissed if they knew this thread existed. A lot of the fanbase, especially of the earlier stuff, is kept under wraps by elitist gate keeping.

one hundred percent. especially considering all the side campaigns and bonus episodes, the fact that you can ask here and get the 1 year anniversary john wayne gacy stream they deleted 8 hours after posting speaks wonders to the SA community. special thanks to scary ghost dog for hooking me up with that one btw. it was funny as hell but you can see why they had to take it down

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

little munchkin posted:

it was 7 according the spreadsheet that the subreddit maintains (they may be toxic psychos but they are useful sometimes). I'm not the type to speculate on the personal life of someone i've never met but for the record the season 2 average is 5.8 per episode so it's only a little more than normal. season 1 average is 5.6 but I remember there being some controversy on the sub because their original recording setup was pretty bad which makes the audio analysis less conclusive.

lol i love campaign 1 but holy poo poo slaters mic was loving bad back then. remember c1e33 when jensen said "gently caress dude, this is jensen talking: if you dont turn on push to talk i am giving your character syphilis."

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

saint anime posted:

Legit hyped as hell to hear there's more than just the listed stuff + patreon. The dog is about to get so many loving walks.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Farg posted:

THOM? :stare:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Lol I wish. Just want to try and keep this space from becoming as toxic as the reddit is :cheers:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

pog boyfriend posted:

one hundred percent. especially considering all the side campaigns and bonus episodes, the fact that you can ask here and get the 1 year anniversary john wayne gacy stream they deleted 8 hours after posting speaks wonders to the SA community. special thanks to scary ghost dog for hooking me up with that one btw. it was funny as hell but you can see why they had to take it down

ive got that stream on a bunch of usb sticks ready to give to my friends for christmas lol

saint anime
Jul 28, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Let me put it this way. On .wagon I've seen 30 seeders max with like 500 leachers on stuff like john wayne gacy, nine eleven memorial tribute, sandy hook, etc

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
omg the ending of the patreon-exclusive Joan of Arc sidequest was insane

Desnifto:
so Joan, you wake up and you’re bound. You’re bound to a stake, and there’s a crowd, jeering at you.

Anna:
uh huh.

Desnifto:
And you know that these ropes – there’s no strength check you can use to break free. You can’t call your familiar, Beary Bonds Junior. And you feel heat begin to rise—

Anna:
oh no!

Desnifto:
--because the stake is on fire. They’re executing you for heresy. You think back to all you’ve experienced. The visions, the angel. Meeting the Dauphin. Will he ever be crowned? You don’t know. And you won’t ever get to know. You feel the flames licking up your legs—

Skid: [Duke of Bedford voice]
something else would be licking up your legs if you’d yielded to my seductions, strumpet!

Desnifto:
--and before the pain sets in and the smoke begins to choke you, you have time for one move action. You can use it to give, perhaps, your final words. What do you want to do?

Anna:
I don’t want to say anything.

Desnifto:
No?

Anna:
No. I don’t want to say anything, but I do want to do something. You know, not escape or anything, because my character’s going to die.

Desnifto:
Okay, walk me through it.

Anna:
I want to fart.

Skid: [dying of laughter]

Anna:
I want to fart so big into the flames that it makes like – kaboom! – like a huge explosion and takes out all you motherfuckers with me.

Dennis:
I cannot believe—

[overlapping talk and laughter]

Desnifto:
For the radio audience, Anna is now giving us a two-fingered salute—

Anna: [fart noises]

Skid:
Craig you gotta allow this, man. That would be SO AWESOME!

Desnifto:
Alright. Tell you what I’ll do. I’ll allow it, but only on a natty twenzo. Alright. This is the roll of your life, Joan. The only chance you have to take … your revenge. Let’s see that twenty!

[sound of dice rolling]

[unintelligible chaos – cheers, screaming, laughter]

[NATURAAAAAAAL 20!!!! audio drop]

Desnifto:
KABOOM!!!!!!!!

Anna: [big fart noise that fades into a whining fart noise]

If you’re not contributing to the $5 tier then you’re missing out on gold, holy poo poo

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

so... wade released his spinoff podcast, "wades world of wagons". you get 30 minutes in and the story is about wizards using evil scrying magic to record people jacking off and spreading these crystals around and the party has to stop the wizards. in this universe people dont just send these out... a cabal of wizards do it. everyone knows what the gently caress hes doing but he thinks hes so clever with this plot. i got 34 minutes in and they revealed the evil leaders of the cabal were "jansen" and "de sniffer", and when de sniffers description turned out to be basically 2 minutes of anti semitic stereotypes i just closed the podcast. its complete poo poo, but it has 6300 upvotes on the reddit already :eng99:

E: got a few pms from lurkers not wanting to talk about this. fair enough. lets not give this piece of poo poo a platform here... leaving this post up for posterity though

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 1, 2020

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
Did you see his tweets trying to get his twitter followers to convince Travis to join him? So loving cringe. Yikerinos. I seriously hope Travis doesn't fall for the dark side.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

:stare: new patreon post with extended cut of the rap battle

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

saint anime posted:

Loved your documentary type videos of the MasaoHF saga. It would be cool if you did one for DD&W..if you need episode timestamps, lore, etc I gotchu. Lotta people in this thread and on the discord, link incoming, who would be more than willing to pitch in.

you are sa poster # 99 to solicit me about masaokis in a completely unrelated thread. sounds like you have the support friends & ideas to do this yourself. take the rest of your probe to prepare and good luck with the vid

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

holy poo poo, this episode :staredog: remember sir shithead from episode 32?? when he took the stand in the trial scene i got goosebumps and had to pause the episode

saint anime
Jul 28, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
For I am Sir Shithead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Goodbye, Richard the Lionheart. Sorry you weren't minigun proof.