Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
I just burned through this thread for want of better things to do at work(like, working) and I'd just like to add my praise for your writeups and analytical ability. It's great fun to essentially watch the show again through someone else's eyes for the first time. Glad I got here in time to 'live watch' season 7!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

Anyone cynical about the ending didn't get it.

Okay. It's a fantastic ending. It's also incredibly cynical.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007

roomtone posted:

I always thought so, too. Peggy's presentation wasn't very convincing either. Fake ketchup makes you angry, come on now.

I never really figured out if that story was showing that peggy and don are creative equals, or that sometimes the worse idea wins.

Her pitch wasn't as good but it's more in line with what I would imagine a company like Heinz would want. "A bottle of heinz 10 stories high in times square."

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007

DoubleCakes posted:

Getting towards the end of Season 5 and towards the end of 1966 in the story's timeline. You can feel 60s counter-culture take over the environment with the Beatles' Revolver getting featured in one episode the Hare Krishna thing in "Christmas Waltz". The story has largely been about tradition and how the character's handle tradition so it's going to be interesting seeing how the characters react to the stuff that's going to happen in the lack leg of the 1960s.

I might be misremembering the facts on this, but I'm pretty sure their usage of The Beatles with Don listening to hardly any of the song before taking the needle off the record was a really excellent way to get away with the Fair Use policy without having to pay for the rights to the track.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007

Greg12 posted:

I just believe really strongly that Willie Nelson sang Pancho and Lefty better than Townes Van Zandt

See a doctor