Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Honestly the thing that's stood out to me the most revisiting the episodes is how much Stan grew over the course of the series, like I for real was shocked when he was introduced because I did not remember him being that much of an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Imagine how relaxed don would be if he smoked more weed and grew a beard.

Like an alternate timeline where he switches to weed instead of alcoholism after smoking in the first episode and just shows up to client meetings baked out of his mind.

Edit: imagine don and Roger doing acid together God drat it we were robbed

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
This episode hits a lot differently now that I have a daughter.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I loved my kid but didn't start to bond with her until she was like three or four months old and could actually respond to things I was doing. Fatherhood before then was a merciless slog of trying to care for a tiny screaming black hole. It gets talked about more now and it can happen with women too but it's still shocking when you're looking at a tiny baby and not feeling what you're 'supposed' to.

I mean now she's awesome but all relationships take time.

I think Don just got hit with the double whammy of not being satisfied in any of his relationships and also never getting that promised magic moment. (Because he cannot open up)

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I believe when Peggy's telling the kid that his mom's flushing "things" she's referring to tampons, not drugs. Presumably these are new tenants.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Foreign Substance posted:

Is this the right time to say I really enjoyed following this thread? Because I did, it was a treat to re-experience one of my favourite tv shows along with someone who was excited about it too and the recaps and ensuing discussion connected some dots I'd previously missed. So, thanks.

Same, I really appreciated the chance to revist this.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
"do you think that will be us one day?"

"that's us right now"

honestly this was my favorite exchange from the finale.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

KellHound posted:

It's also fun because it's the ONLY TIME someone cares about the Campbell name

Also, for happy elizabeth moss watch The One I Love. She plays two people and one of them is happy

fun watch would recommend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
He's death the destroyer of worlds