Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

GoutPatrol posted:

I guess this isn't a spoiler now that we've passed the episode, but I'll spoil it just in case:

Rich Sommer has talked about how Harry was supposed to kill himself at the end there, and Matt Weiner changed it last minute to keep him around because he liked the character.

As far as it would have been questionable to have 2 suicides as major plot points in season one alone, Harry taking his own life would certainly make his conversation with Don about the cave paintings/handprints and the absolute human desire to say "I was here, I meant something" that much more meaningful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Sal’s actor certainly made the right decision by never coming back—it’s almost comical how horrifically every later season cameo hosed up their lives. Kinsey? Boom! Joined a cult. Midge? Strong, independent female counterculture artist, well, time to spin the wheel of misery aaaaand: heroin addicted prostitute. Roger’s daughter? Hmm gonna go back to the “cult” well I think.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Mad Men’s California is such a silly, wonderful place. It’s almost more like taking a trip into Faerie than flying into another state

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Pete actually having an Uncle Herman is a fantastic gag

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I don’t think I could say the next episode is the best episode of the series, there’s too much strong competition, but it is no doubt my favorite episode

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Jared Harris’ “Happy Christmas” is such a great loving line reading

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Marsha

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

God, Don is such a piece of poo poo in this episode lmao

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

aBagorn posted:

i did the opposite! i started a rewatch when Jeru was starting season 2 and intended to just keep up with them but once i got there, couldn't stop and binged through all of it for like the 4th time

Same! Was fun though.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Mad Men heist episode number 2. You can tell how much fun they had with the season 3 finale!

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

This is an important ep as it confirms that Don isn’t specced as an Illusionist, as you might have expected, but is in fact a single class Necromancer

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

one of the great donfaces imo

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Nobody wants to think they're a type :v:

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

One of my favorite endings to a Mad Men episode. I imagine Tomorrow Never Knows cost most of this episode’s budget but it was 100% perfect

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Grimy Little Pimp indeed

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

round of applause for don draper who has made it one full season without cheating on his wife

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

There’s no question that Stan looks way better with the beard

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Stan’s “of COURSE it’s about suicide, that’s why it’s great” is where I started to like him

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

For the record, the 2nd ave subway still isn’t open lol

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

My take on Don is that he loves to cum.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Ted with the aviator shades, Roger being the happiest we’ve ever seen him firing Burt, Peggy laying down the law for Don….lotta great moments. I’ve never gelled with Don/l and Sylvia’s dabbling into the dom/sub stuff even on rewatches.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Devorum posted:

Is it the one where Peggy stabs Abe? Because I cannot wait.

That’s still one ep out. Next up: Cutler gets the gang hooked on methamphetamines

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

i sometimes wonder if Jerusalem accidentally moused over some of the spoilers would he just assume we were loving with him or jokingly exaggerating when in fact no, this just such a strange show when you try to write it out or sum it up

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

it’s funny, in my memory of this scene Ken already had the eyepatch. I do appreciate how he’s wearing a green suit like some kind of drat leprechaun

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Abe getting stabbed isn’t quite on the level as the lawnmower scene but it’s almost as good, and I love how completely banal he is with breaking up with Peggy in the ambulance.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

bobby died on the way to his home planet

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

We are now officially one episode away from the greatest line reading in the history of TV :toot:

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

https://mobile.twitter.com/hereliesthighs/status/1514428436961443841?t=5tRUKleTF6K17TJbPZbgjw&s=19

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

It took 6 seasons but Don finally experienced growth as a character lol

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Peggy didn't!

:vince:

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Return of the Necromancer

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

mad men is extremely consistent in its messaging that smoking weed and dropping acid are not only cool as heck but will make you into a better, more self actualized person

e: heroin is bad though

Mover fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jul 4, 2022

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

man, Is That All There Is is such a fantastic song

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Ida Blankenship, the Queen of Perversions

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Columbo thread/Jerusalem crossover imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I get why people weep for the loss of innocence or whatever but I always remember HATING being a kid. Growing up whipped rear end lol