Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

Definitely looking forward to your posts!

I also finished the series for the first time ever. I felt ambivalent about the show, especially after the third season, but I plowed through it just to get it done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

How much better is the average TV viewing experience for someone who just watches it on the surface level, as opposed to someone who analyses each metaphor and deep dives into the character development?

I am one of those people who has trouble keeping up with who is who, so I am always impressed when people are able to suss out the subtle nuances of each and every episode.

Is this a skill that can be learned? For example, when I was watching this show, I always forgot which side characters did what, and I'd often have to look up an episode recap to get caught up. It'd be nice if I didn't have to do that.