Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013
some dirty-sneaker-inbred-out of the woods-Pabst beer pussy methhead-junkie running all around town telling EVERYONE EVERYTHING ABOUT ELON MUSK

Lane is also very seriously depressed through S5, so I think he probably had a pretty warped image of his own contributions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013
some dirty-sneaker-inbred-out of the woods-Pabst beer pussy methhead-junkie running all around town telling EVERYONE EVERYTHING ABOUT ELON MUSK

I'm so excited for you Jerusalem, and for myself to read your recaps as well. The new office is such a breath of fresh air for the show.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

Personally I think every season of Mad Men is better than the last, with a quantum leap up in quality at season 4. Every layer of added knowledge and parasocial relation to the cast makes the show funnier and funnier each season. I even love Diane. I wouldn't change anything about the latter years.

Meredith has arrived!!! I love her

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

Season 6 has always been my favourite season of the show and I am so happy that you're finally tackling it! This is Mad Men at its darkest, funniest, and most lurid.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

Vitruvian Manic posted:

Yes, one of the most racially progressive characters on Mad Men is a huge piece of poo poo. Wait, all the racially progressive characters are.

Hmmm.

I mean this is Mad Men, every character is human and has their bad moments (don't say "what about Bobby," Bobby is a Baby Boomer). But also I wouldn't exactly call Abe, Dawn or Shirley huge pieces of poo poo

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

Wait, Peggy is supposed to be Hillary? Peggy is definitely a Republican imo

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

gently caress Don Draper! gently caress DON DRAPER!

Oh my loving God you piece of poo poo gently caress you..... gently caress YOU!

ARRRGHHHHHHHH!!!! :argh:t

Hell YES, gently caress DON :getin:

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

Countdown to the review I've been waiting for Jerusalem to write since this project began...

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

God, late season 6 is just so much

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

Peggy is rich as fuuck

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

haven't even read the post yet but just gotta say Hell Yes I'm So Glad You Finally Watched The Crash

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

I love how Don is talking about Sylvia instead of the work for his entire trip.

quote:

he insists that Ken MUST figure out a way to get him in a room with the Chevy people to pitch in person. Admitting he doesn't know if he'll be forceful or submissive, he insists that the most important thing is that he is there in the flesh, where the timbre of his voice will be just as important as the quality of the work.

Okay, I should note that Jon Hamm actually says "tambre" here.

gently caress, I just realized that when he comes back from his space-out, he's looking at Moira like she's Sylvia and that's why she reacts so weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

OMG it was just a little joke about Hamm's pronunciation you were correct!! Why did the subs say "tambour", lmao