Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SuperTeeJay
Jun 14, 2015

I've finished my first rewatch since the original broadcast and still love this show.

Is there an in-universe explanation for Don not stinking of sex when he goes back to the office or home for dinner? I can't count the number of scenes where he jumps out of bed and into his suit. Maybe everyone sweated constantly in 1950's New York?

Parts of the score were much heavier handed than I remember. In season 6, I'm sure the music was quite dramatic when Sally caught Don cheating because the scene - with Don's arse waggling about - could have easily come across as funny otherwise. In season 7, they had to go over the top to make Don - who had just received his 'You're fired!' letter - walking around the office and looking for people seem exciting.

Anyway, Pete was still a poo poo but I felt a lot more sympathy for him this time around and was less impressed with Don in the earlier seasons, which I think was both a mix of knowing where the characters end up and also having entered the working world since I first saw it, where anyone who presents themselves as an immaculate person or professional is invariably full of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU