Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElectronicOldMen
Jun 18, 2018
Well I have only just realised that Duck Philips is not the dad from Beethoven and luckily the actor is still alive. Ducks actor that is, Beethovens actor not so lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectronicOldMen
Jun 18, 2018

x ampersand oh posted:

Ok, that's it. I can't take it anymore. I have to come out of lurk mode because someone has to say it:

St John Powell is the dad from the Nanny, why was this never discussed.

ok. thank you. I love this thread. Really wonderful work.

Whenever the dad from The Nanny is not on screen, all the other characters should be asking, "​Where's the dad from The Nanny?"

ElectronicOldMen
Jun 18, 2018
So while reading along with Jerusalem's wonderful recaps I have also been watching Youtube videos of scenes to help jog my memory alongside some critical analysis videos of the show of varying qualities.

Anyway, the algorithm spat this fun little video out for me: (spoilers for season 6) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLqe4sGRvtU

ElectronicOldMen
Jun 18, 2018
I have to thank you for these wonderful recaps Jerusalem. I admit that I have been refreshing TVIV an embarrassing number of times.

Being able to revisit Mad Men through someone elses eyes has been very refreshing.

ElectronicOldMen
Jun 18, 2018
I remember watching this episode along with the live viewing thread as it quickly imploded. Wonderful times.

I think what makes it work for me, alongside the purposeful abruptness of it all, is the fact that I for some reason expected Don to be better than this. Even though up until this point we have seen Don go through some terrible things and also do some terrible things for some reason up until this episode I never believed that Don would just marry his secretary. It just seemed too cliche and pathetic.

On rewatching the series I quickly realised that I had no reason to think Don wouldn't go for the easy way out. And Don has time and time again made impulsive and dramatic decisions. I guess it is fitting that I had been fooled by the image of Don I had in my head instead of looking at the reality of the character I had been shown.