Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

The Klowner posted:

It's also incredibly funny in retrospect how everybody is suddenly extremely invested in a boxing match despite the sport never having been mentioned once in the show before.

Anybody remember Floyd/Mayweather? Nunes/Rousey? It was all people were talking about for like two weeks each time. Idk maybe cause I don't follow boxing but it seemed like everyone had an opinion all of a sudden.

it's also partly because Ali was such a successful self-promoter, which makes me think on top of everything else Don is also adopting a defensiveness because you're not supposed to tell everyone how great you are and have everyone care and be successful, you're supposed to pay Don shitloads of money so that he can tell everyone how great you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

aBagorn posted:

this is easily my favorite scene in the entire show

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Cooper's "she was an astronaut" hit me so hard the first time I saw this episode and I can't articulate why.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

sebmojo posted:

lmao i just read the plot summary and remembered it all hooee

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

i believe it's the use of Tomorrow Never Knows

ram dass in hell fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Aug 30, 2021

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

The Klowner posted:

I'll call, and raise you software engineer.

Illegal string bet.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

The saddest that an episode of a tv show has made me feel before, just utterly crushing

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

I had to stop writing for a bit because I was laughing too much at this scene:

https://i.imgur.com/bpmfrYm.mp4

:allears:

iirc when the show aired the thread title was like Mad Men S4 - PIZZA HOUSE!!! for like a month lol

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

I believed with all my heart that after the failed suicide attempt with the Jaguar, Lane hit a moment of clarity and was going to pull something, maybe even something monstrous, to basically force Don's hand and somehow secure his position at SCDP while burning his bridge with Don as a friend forever or something. Even when Scarlett said that his door was locked, I took it at face value when she said he hadn't arrived to work yet. It wasn't until Joan tried to open the door and it resisted that I grasped what was happening and it was loving devastating.

The scene where they break into the office and see his corpse is just... gently caress. Jesus Christ.

Incredible show, incredible episode. I am going to miss Lane so much.

That got me the same way on my first watch too, ugh.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

ulvir posted:

these last two episodes are a real one-two kick in the gut.

have we gotten all the stuff about Dick's brother and how he died yet? idr when that gets fleshed out but it's pretty hosed up the way the suicides in Don's life both have a direct connection to money, and with Don's line about gratitude not mattering because "that's what the money's for!!", throwing money in Peggy's face, i dunno man, yikes on yikes on yikes. The alchoholic meltdown spiral that's coming up for Don makes a lotta sense, since he's not exactly going to therapy

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

jesus christ!

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I love this episode and do not have the slightest clue why it takes so much poo poo from people. I mean, I get it, but those people are wrong. Will save further comment until the next half.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

not to open up pandora's box or anything here but isn't it kind of a spoiler that pete survives to s7e1? given the shock of lane's suicide and how much of a shitbag pete is despite having a wife and kid idk ??

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Mameluke posted:

Wait, Peggy is supposed to be Hillary? Peggy is definitely a Republican imo

I think "Peggy is supposed to be Hillary" is insane, but Hillary was literally a Goldwater republican lol

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

KellHound posted:

"They shot that Kennedy Boy" and Pete dismissing it as his mom's dementia is one of the funniest bits of black humor in the show.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

ben bobson

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

misguided rage posted:

That's just how timbre is pronounced

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Brendan Rodgers posted:

It's a homage to the end of season 6 of Trailer Park Boys where the boys manage to not go to jail at the end and Mr Lahey starts to confront his alcoholism, which sets up the final season.

Speaking of, Jerusalem, any plans for a Trailer Park Boys watchthrough thread? Another one of the all time greats.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Ted looks like such a yutz here.

the whole pic looks so insanely 70s

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

i remember loving this so much when it aired :yayclod:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

kalel posted:

true detective season 1. I beg you

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

What an incredible finale. It's definitely one of the best final episodes for any series IMO

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

tag yrself im Party Down (Disregard if new season is bad)

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

the comeback is a loving amazing show though that doesn't get enough credit, glad to see it at #3

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

drat can you elaborate a bit on how the 1970s were worse than slavery, manifest destiny, civil war, etc :pwn:

I mean the 1970s on haven't been great but

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

La Louve Rouge posted:

The pep talk makes sense it's just about convincing Sylvia to gently caress him again instead of Chevy

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

It has to have been the moment before he needed another because the canonical end for Don Draper has to be whispering the word "fourthmeal" with his dying breath

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

yeah she's one of the best actors on the show. way beyond just good for a child actor.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

kalel posted:

eagerly awaiting your reaction to season 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Gaius Marius posted:

He wasn't seeing clearly by the end