Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 15, 2021

RIP Lane, died in a pretty sad way. I got spoiled on this on my first watch, and I was still surprised when it happened.

Also really disturbing that it's the second time someone on Don's life hanged themselves because of him (not only, but he was a big part).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scallop Eyes
Oct 15, 2021

Don's also been on the other side of "You help people, and then t hey move on", with dr. Miller. She helped him with the Heinz contact (even if it ended up not saving the company), and then Don moved on to Megan.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 15, 2021

When you compare Bob's actions in this episode to what Don did to get hired he doesn't come off as badly. And yes, I also love Stan's beard, it makes him look so much friendlier and nicer.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 15, 2021

Bobby's whole existence on the show is justified in this episode.Just the most laser-guided missile right in Don's weaknessess as a parent.

Ginsberg's parts were good too, and I wish they got followed up , I don't remember his personal life (or his father) being shown much after this episode.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 15, 2021

You can say whatever you wnat about Don, but the man is nothing if not clutch on his job. His quick thinking may be self-centered and egoistic, but has saved Sterling&Cooper and it's offspring several times.

Pete falling down is one of the great comedy scenes in the season, I love it . And the start of him becoming a more comic relief character to me. By season 7 I don't think he has many big scenes that aren't funny.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 15, 2021

Pete is the funniest character in the show, and this episode is probably his best showing.

On regards to Don, it was almost becoming a tradition of him escaping a hopeless work situation every seaon finale (Duck trying to muscle him out; the SCDP heist-creation; the whole Chevy thing),while his personal life got worse and worse. So this being an inversion of that , with the only bright spot in his life is him triyng to be more open with his kids , feels preety nice.

RIP Robert Morse The review of that episode is gonna hit a little harder this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scallop Eyes
Oct 15, 2021

It's both funny and sad that going to California didn't fix Ted's life , but it sure hosed up Don's. Another time where one of Do'ns rare good actions backfire on him completely( though it kinda opened the way for him to open up to his kids at least).