Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

I shrank the coins, as their original 700x700 dimensions would make the leper's explode and since I just noticed shrinking it via imgur's internal function gives it a black background for some reason, so :v:

Here's how they'll look on your rapsheet!

Please let me know if you'd like your probe in a certain time frame, as else I'll just go through them whenever I happen to hop on here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Chewbecca posted:

Not me, does that mean I have the only black background commemorative coin? :greatgift:

Exactly! I didn't notice the black until I saw it in the modqueue after probing you, so you got the special one for being the first donor!

Goons Are Gifts

Manifisto posted:

I made an emote sized dippy I'm pretty sure (or gangtag size). anyway great thread, I am only just off the road but I endorse this telethon!!

fe: macnult found it while I was writing this!

Imo that counts, so tell me if you'd like the coin!

blaise rascal posted:

These are good. They are intended to be :run: :healthy: and :diet:

Those are great! I'll wait for him to post ITT before probing though to avoid confusion.

Goons Are Gifts

Alright, I think I got everyone covered with a coin! Tell me if I screwed up somewhere, I do that sometimes

blaise rascal posted:

I kinda wish RAINN gave some of their money to shelters, but whatever, it’s all good

It's entirely fair and fine to donate to an alternative reputable charity of your choice! Thank you very much for this though :peanut:

Goons Are Gifts

Imo you're qualified to be showered in coins!!
Tell me if you want more than one though, before I start chainprobing you in awe :sun:

Those are amazing

Goons Are Gifts

Sorry I forgot to give you the coin earlier, finger prince, just fixed that!
Caught up to here

Goons Are Gifts

I think I missed a few coins here, didn't I? Gonna go through them later!

Goons Are Gifts

These are all awesome!
I think I'm caught up on coins, I have skipped those of you who already have one in the rapsheet, just tell me if you'd like another one though! Also yell at me if I missed you, no one has to live without a coin when clearly earned. Unless you don't want one, that's also fair.

Goons Are Gifts

Hell yeah, those are amazing!!
Gonna hand out probes in a bit, yell at me brutally if I forget about it again

Goons Are Gifts

lmfao

Goons Are Gifts

Hey guys, I've been talking with the admins about this and this went way better than expected. In fact, it's so great that we have so many new smileys and money raised and everything, that it's actually a bit... much. The smileys, that is.
26 new ones are a lot. For the website in terms of smiley usage as well as the fact that this is almost 800 bucks of smileys going live for free. I don't feel really comfortable with this and I talked to Jeffrey and while he loves the idea of charity drives and new creative smileys, this is just a bit much all at once and for free.

Now, when we started this, the store was still in possession of Lowtax, then it was down for like two weeks straight when the sale actually happened and we didn't know how fast this would go, or if Lowtax backs out out of the sudden or whatever. Additionally, I would have never thought so many great artists come in here and post amazing smileys! I honestly anticipated maybe a few hundred bucks raised, maybe 5 or 10 new smileys tops of which we can get a few live and have fun with it. This is my bad though, for underestimating your creative abilities and for not communicating well, neither towards you nor the admins (I didn't ask Jeffrey specifically, for example, but the admins in general and asked about the technical limitations). No question about it, this is entirely on me and I am deeply sorry.

So what we are going to do is this:
Prof Croc and me will go through that list and cut down a few smileys that cannot make it this time. We'll start on the technical limitations (some are a bit large file size wise), Croc already offered to sacrifice his own three smileys from the list and then, if necessary, exclude a bit more that cannot make to through this time.
If you made a smiley and aren't perfectly happy with the results or would be okay with yours being postponed to a later date, please tell us, so it gets easier which ones we can exclude from this upload batch.
The rest however will be uploaded and made available for everyone! I'm not breaking on that promise, it's just the number that we'll have to reduce, not the idea.

Those smileys that cannot go live at this time will not go to waste though! I'll create a smiley collection and keep them around, so we can buy them manually one by one, donate some money to Jeffrey this way, too, and have them around for another time. I will not ask anyone who already donated money to charity to also buy smileys now obviously, I'll buy some myself and keep the rest around for later use.

I'll keep you friends updated with our new list and I want to apologize to any artist who may now go without having their smiley go live.

Goons Are Gifts

Thank you guys for your sacrifice, I really appreciate it. As promised, I will keep those not making it in around and we can upload them ourselves anytime later, no problem at all! Again, I am really sorry.
I made this list of stuff that we, imo, can get in though. If you guys are okay with this, I will get this approved by Jeffrey first before doing anything else. We are down to 14 smileys, 7 did not meet the technical requirements of which two are too big in file size and five are too large in terms of dimensions (90x25px). After sorting those out, I proceeded by smileys you guys were willing to sacrifice, except for the ok boomer one by Prof Croc, as I can see that one being really useful in terms of usage. If you rather have it not in this batch though, that's fine though, entirely your call. I decided this arbitrarily based on my own thoughts, so we can adjust anything here.
Finishing up, I wanted to make sure that everyone who submitted a smiley has at least one present in this batch, so that no artist has to see their art entirely unused, except for Luvcow and nut that is, as you said I shall take those out but you only had these. :smith:

The final list could look like this:
Stuff we can submit
  • :goodpost:, , created by Finger Prince
  • :dippy:, , created by Manifisto
  • :fart:, , created by Pseudorandom
  • :spoonville:, , created by itry
  • :okboomer:, , created by Prof. Crocodile
  • :stonks:, , created by Knot My President!
  • :vegemite:, , created by Jinh
  • :unlimitedbreadsticks:, , created by sk
  • :feart:, , created by itry
  • :commitment:, , created by itry
  • :healthy:, , created by itry
  • :diet:, , created by itry
  • :bananacoin: , created by blaise rascal
  • :vagina:, , created by pseudorandom

Not fitting the technical requirements:
  • :fourloko:, , created by prof. crocodile (file too big)
  • :liberty:, , created by sk (file too big)
  • :hotsauce:, , created by itry (too large)
  • :gaming:, , created by itry (too large)
  • :run:, , created by itry (too large)
  • :trashed: , created by itry (too large)
  • :crabcourse:,, created by itry (too large)

Otherwise not in:
  • :nudesnail:, , created by Luvcow
  • :coffeenut:, , created by nut
  • :marriage:, , created by prof. crocodile
  • :skateboard:, , created by jinh

:haibrower: was already bought by Kaiser Schnitzel, so this important one is already done! (edit: whoops, smiley limit reached in this post, that's why it's not showing up. It's in though, you can check it here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=showsmilies
Are you guys - somewhat - okay-ish with this list? Can I submit it to Jeffrey for approval, or is there something I missed or that you definitely no questions about it need to see in? We can swap out freely here, so I am very open for input.

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 29, 2020

Goons Are Gifts

I would really like to have the trashed one around, if anyone could fix it to meet the requirements, I'd like to buy it myself!

Also:

alnilam posted:

Thank you for starting it Prof Croc!

Goons Are Gifts

Jeffrey approved our list! I'll get it going starting later today/tomorrow, so they should get in soon-ish.

Goons Are Gifts

It's a Halloween miracle my friends!!

Jeffrey didn't feel happy with having the list of smileys cut in half after all, it was such a nice donation drive and so many great smileys, we couldn't let this go to waste.
We will upload the initial list of 14 new smileys all at once and from now on, add the other smileys all one by one every few days! The idea is to not dump all these great smileys at once, but we can celebrate every smiley uploaded one by one! We can share stories about our smileys, test them out, redesign or optimize them and everything.

Especially now with itry fixing the ones too large, we can have all smileys after all! Even design more and buy them ourselves if we want!!
I'm super excited for this

Goons Are Gifts

Alright, new list! As I said, we can have all of those now, I'll post the details on that soon! We might be able to make a celebration event out of this great event.

This is the stuff we can have already:
  • :goodpost:, , created by Finger Prince
  • :dippy:, , created by Manifisto
  • :fart:, , created by Pseudorandom
  • :spoonville:, , created by itry
  • :stonks:, , created by Knot My President!
  • :vegemite:, , created by Jinh
  • :unlimitedbreadsticks:, , created by sk
  • :feart:, , created by itry
  • :commitment:, , created by itry
  • :healthy:, , created by itry
  • :diet:, , created by itry
  • :bananacoin: , created by blaise rascal
  • :vagina:, , created by pseudorandom
  • :trashed: , created by itry
  • :gaming:, , created by itry
  • :fourloko:, , created by prof. crocodile
  • :nudesnail:, , created by Luvcow
  • :marriage:, , created by prof. crocodile
  • :skateboard:, , created by jinh

This is the stuff we need to fix in one way or another to be able to upload it:
  • :okboomer:, , created by Prof. Crocodile (file too big)
  • :liberty:, , created by sk (file too big)
  • :hotsauce:, , created by itry (too large)
  • :run:, , created by itry (too large)
  • :crabcourse:,, created by itry (too large)
  • :coffeenut:, , created by nut (too large)
Would you guys be able to fix those? Is there any smiley that you want to take back, adjust, change in one way, polish?
We have no rush at all here, we can do it just with every smiley being perfect, so tell me if you'd like to work on your/any smiley again.

If any of you feel inspired on making even more smileys, please do! We wouldn't update them along with those (unless we swap them out), but I'd really love to also buy one or two myself and anyone who wishes to do so as well, can do that!

Beamed posted:

I think this one is slightly too big to make it in? If someone can make it fit the 90x25 reqs I can buy this one
You don't have to buy that one, as I could include it for free in this list and introduce it that way. Unless you really want to, I wouldn't stop you! However it needs to lose some weight either way, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Amazing, thank you so much!
Two last things: codes for smileys must not exceed 10 characters, the : don't count towards that. So :unlimitedbreadsticks: for example won't work and some others might also need some code adjustment there.
Also, we need tags for them to apply so we can search for them properly, I haven't checked if :haibrower: was assigned some, if not I can get an admin to fix that. Search tags can be anything that describes the smiles, the context it may be used in etc., up to a total of 100 characters, counting the spaces between tags. For example, :butt: can have butt, rear end, lol, fun, sexy, poop, hnnngh and nuttin' or something like this. These tags are only used for the smiley search bar on the top left of the smiley page.

If anyone feels like adjusting some of those codes and/or adding tags to the list, feel free! Else I'll just do it spontaneously when uploading them one by one, it's no big deal.