Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Would you like rice in your burrito?
Yes
No
Goku could microwave a burrito so hot even god couldn't eat it
View Results

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Weka posted:

Hey guys check out this breakfast burrito featuring kale. Am I doing this right?

The inside looks delicious, I can't parse the outer layers though. Tomato? Ham? Pepperoni?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Weka posted:

Hey guys check out this breakfast burrito featuring kale. Am I doing this right?

There's enough cheese there to offset the kale, i approve

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
that tortilla looks like the store bought garbage ones

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Weka posted:

does it have rice in it

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Okay I've found a worse burrito filler.

This recipe for "lasagna burritos" has you actually fill tortillas with pasta sheets.

pojr
Nov 4, 2014
rice in burritos is a good idea, glad the asians and mexicans teamed up to make this happen

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Might I suggest a wet burrito on a bed of rice?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

its all nice on rice posted:

Hmm. It's okay for there to be rice adjacent to the burrito. I'll allow it.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

its all nice on rice posted:

Why is it wet and what’s inside?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
rice in a burrito is just filler that is taking up space that could be filled with more meat or beans.

i had a wet burrito that was smothered in mole negro, that was pretty good.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Ultimate Mango posted:

Why is it wet and what’s inside?

Standard burrito filling (no rice) and it is "wet" because it has a sauce on it. It's basically an enchilada with more stuff inside.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Quoting myself from a couple of years back:

Lencho posted:

I present my case for burros percherones from my hometown Hermosillo in north Mexico:

The regular one is made with beef, tomato, avocado and cheese. The tortilla they use it's a traditional water-based flour tortilla only made in the region. Some places also add chicken, seasoned pork meat, bacon, onions, mushrooms, different kinds of chilis, etc, but almost always including the same base ingredients.
You can order them "ahogado" (drowned in a tomato/chipotle-based sauce)...

or wrapped in bacon.

Rice and fries on a burrito should be a crime

I don't have anything against gringo burritos but I stand by my statement.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

God drat I would eat those burritos

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I don’t know if Taco Mesa invented the wet burrito but I’ve been eating wet, blackened chicken burritos for three decades. I had one for lunch one day last week. Rice and beans on the side. #thisiswhyimfat

But it’s always fun to ask why something is wet.

Ghosty
Aug 13, 2020
The tortilla is just the capsule that contains the meal, not the meal itself, right? Put the entire thing in there, with rice, then eat it.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Kinda wanna go to the Mexican place down the road. No, not that one, the other one.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I ordered in a chicken quesadilla and a beef barbacoa burrito so I wouldn't have to cook later, and the burrito was unbelievably gross. It tasted like it had been sitting on the counter for like three days. I was shocked.

It had rice in it though, like a proper burrito should.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Next question. Should chili have beans? Y/N

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Coredump posted:

Next question. Should chili have beans? Y/N

Depends, is the chili a topping or it's own dish? Because getting a chilidog with beans is loving gross

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

RFC2324 posted:

Depends, is the chili a topping or it's own dish? Because getting a chilidog with beans is loving gross

what so u think i should make an entire second drum of chili without beans just so i can have it on hot dogs a few days later??? gtfo

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013

RFC2324 posted:

:agreed:

Beans if just chili, no beans if it's a topping.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

TheAardvark posted:

what so u think i should make an entire second drum of chili without beans just so i can have it on hot dogs a few days later??? gtfo

Maybe don't make chili by the drum so you can have variety?

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

people in this thread probably think chili is a soup with a tablespoon of "chili powder" in it

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
essential to good chili

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

ansel autisms posted:

people in this thread probably think chili is a soup with a tablespoon of "chili powder" in it

That would be an even worse topping that chili with beans

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the taco shop i live next to will take any burrito and wrap it up in a quesadilla. its the ultimate in drunk food imo.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

TheAardvark posted:

Okay I've found a worse burrito filler.

This recipe for "lasagna burritos" has you actually fill tortillas with pasta sheets.

The gently caress is this

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos
A burrito without rice in it is just a confused enchilada.

Trust me.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Chinatown posted:

the taco shop i live next to will take any burrito and wrap it up in a quesadilla. its the ultimate in drunk food imo.

Tell me more

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Defenistrator posted:

A burrito without rice in it is just a confused enchilada.

Trust me.

Wtf? An enchilada with rice in it instead of on the side?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Lencho posted:

they do the rice and fries poo poo in cali don't paint the rest of us with that same brush

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Lencho posted:

hell yeah, i'd especially tear up the chipotle one.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

they make a quesadilla with the same large burrito tortilla, then open it up and wrap the burrito up in it. basically a double wrapped burrito but with a cheese layer.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
a taco shop down the street from me makes Hot Cheeto Burritos and fries. One day my buddy and I went in there and I jokingly asked if I brought my own chips if they could make a burrito out of those. They said yes. I'll report back when I remember to give them a bag of Funyuns for a burrito

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

they do the rice and fries poo poo in cali don't paint the rest of us with that same brush

They do the fries poo poo in San Diego. Never seen one in my life in Los Angeles. Don't paint the rest of us etc.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Ever wonder what it would be like to take a bunch of microwavable taquitos and smother them in tostito brand queso, black bean and corn salsa ("texas caviar") and habanero street taco sauce?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Wizchine posted:

They do the fries poo poo in San Diego. Never seen one in my life in Los Angeles. Don't paint the rest of us etc.

They're all over LA and Orange County, what are you talking about. You can just type in california burrito into yelp and lots of places will pop up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

500excf type r posted:

Ever wonder what it would be like to take a bunch of microwavable taquitos and smother them in tostito brand queso, black bean and corn salsa ("texas caviar") and habanero street taco sauce?

Would.

You're saying I'm drunk? How can you tell?!