Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
my logitech keyboard

I type at a loving absurd WPM and my logitech is the only keyboard that doesn't poo poo out on me like every 6 months from rear end-poundingly hard use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jeza posted:

Couple things come to mind. I've had one of those baby leathermans on my keyring for 15 years, the one that is like a mini-pair of needlenose pliers, knife and bottle opener. It's fully hosed up visually and I broke the file off of it years ago but it's come in handy more times than I can count tbh. Mostly the bottle opener. But also a tiny pair of pliers comes in handy more often than you think.

The other is a leather jacket I've had for about as long. I mostly retired it last year because the zip finally broke, but it was/is a seriously quality thing. The back has like naturally turned like dark brown suede from abrasion, it's got sort of 'bigger' somehow over the years, the pockets both broke fully after like 10 years, so now I have mega sized pockets. Wore it like 80% of the year, every year, took it to like 25 different countries. Got a lot of sentimental value to me so I can't get rid of it now. The inner lining is still completely intact, only a couple of loose threads around the collar, and believe me I've abused the gently caress out of it. If I was a millionaire, I'd probably go to some special leather care place and spend whatever it would cost to fix the zip and pockets and give the leather some TLC even if its a little bit comically over-sized now.

leather repair isn't that expensive. I had a $400 pair of leather boots substantially repaired for... eight dollars