Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
back by popular demand the forums based cooking channel where today we will be making the famous french peasant food coq au vin. for those of you who are uncultured coq au vin translates to cock with wine

to follow along at home you're going to need the following

chicken thighs (the coq)
wine (the vin)
carrots
potato
onion
chicken broth
black pepper

you probably also want
butter
boullion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

I'm using these aluminum baking tray things so first cut up your veg and put it in the pan
we're using a shitload of onion here today

[timg]https://i.imgur.com/GBNnPJU.jpg[/img]

Put all that stuff in your pan and then put in some gobs of butter and boullion and your black pepper

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

So it turns out I don't actually have any aluminum foil to actually cover this thing in the oven, by the way we're roasting it in the oven forget to mention that. you'll need an oven for this

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
If you don't have any foil you'll need to go out and buy some.

So drive to the store and then after you've got all the stuff you can take it home and keep going.

While I was out I bought some yogurt too. this step is optional.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Hell Yeah posted:

garlic from a jar is garbage good luck with your next thread

kind of but this dish doesn't involve subtlety so any flavor lost by using pre-cut garlic is a bit wasted

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Nestle your chicken thighs in, try to keep everything level and then pour in half a container of chicken broth and top the rest up with red wine. doing your best to get everything submerged

wrap that bad boy up and put it in the over at 400f for idk how long yet.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

A Grand Egg posted:

Its always weird how US people can live like total poo poo but have a nice car.

all the food packaging has french labelling. americans can't speak french

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

concerned about the blue clamato, maybe they do it different up north?

my phone just screwed up and somehow took a picture without the R part of RBG. weird timing issue with the flash I think

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Fartington Butts posted:

Yo brown that chicken.

For the last 30 minutes I'll roast it without the covering. that always gives it a nice crisp on top for both the veg and chicken.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Where does the Clamato fit in here? I don’t remember Julia Child using Clamato.

I'll be drinking a nice tall cup of clam and tomato juice during supper.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I've just checked in my on my chicken and I think its going well. my oven is trash and definitely doesn't get as hot as its supposed to, so I've raised the temp to 415f and took off my top covering.

gonna let that reduce and crisp now for the next 25m

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Bioshuffle posted:

Looking forward to finding out how this turns out. Is there an advantage to using a foil pan instead of a casserole dish?

Not that I'm aware of.

Browning is starting

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

tastes great

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

the clam isn't actually blue you guys

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

I've continued to let this thing roast uncovered. only getting better as everything reduces down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

other people posted:

you used rosé what the hell OP

rose is trash and I wanted to get rid of it