Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

I might have missed a post on this (it has been a long week) but based on a comment on the Forgotten Weapons video on the Hall rifle I found an account of someone in the Mexican-American war (I think) using a Hall. I remember one part where he’s given one for a special mission and basically told “Please bring it back in one piece, Bond”, or whatever the Q quote was. He mentions using the breechblock as a stand-alone pistol to hold off a bar full of bandidos.

Can’t find the reference now as I’m on my phone but it had the level of possible exaggeration necessary to all good war memoirs - the bar standoff ends up with him being challenged to a knife fight, punching the opponent out and then being treated very well by the comrades of the guy he was fighting. I think there may have been flashing eyed raven haired beauties who were most impressed with his Yankee daring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU