Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
No he's not. If he is, he's not first ballot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Quiet Feet posted:

Rivers belongs in the Vinny Testaverde Hall of "Hey (I Remember that Guy Wasn't he Good?)!"

Rivers had a way better career than Testaverde. I think Rivers should be at least in the discussion and has a good chance of getting in just because of the way the NFL hall of fame works. So on a year with a worse set of guys he can be one of the five who has to get in. But on baseball rules he wouldn't make it.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Romo probably isn't either. I'm not saying he wasn't a talented guy or what have you but his career does not warrant HoF induction, no.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Didn't Kurt Warner get in last year?

Kurt Warner won one and played in three SBs(probably would have won two without Patriots cheating), was a league and SB MVP of a record setting offense, and was pretty much best in NFL from 99-01. Guys who were at the absolute top of their position for a shorter period of time are more qualified than guys who were good over a long period. That's how I look at it.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Roethlisberger was a big reason they were able to develop those WRs like they did. Look at the Steelers the past couple years when Roethilsberger wasn't available. Even the broken version of him is way better than some random dude most of the time.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

How can Dak Prescott possibly be considered bad? He's been marred by injuries since last year but it's hard for me to see him as anything other than an excellent QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

They've been a WR factory in large part due to Ben Roethlisberger. Antonio Brown only started three games his second year but put up over 1k yards and made the pro bowl. Having a guy who could spread the ball around to everyone on the field will improve a guys chances of developing.