Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Does Rivers rank higher than Romo all time? I know a lot of people don't think Romo is HoF worthy, and I think he's a better QB than Rivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

AndrewP posted:

wins and awards are a matter of specific circumstances, but there's no denying how insanely consistent Rivers was pretty much every single season of his career.

Consistently afraid to do a QB sneak.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CocoaNuts posted:

Rivers overtook Hall of Famer Dan Marino in career passing yards in tonight's game.

Dan Marino, inducted at Canton in 2005 without ever having won a Super Bowl.

Philip Rivers knocking on the door to the HOF.

Marino did it with pre-2006 rules. The raw numbers don't matter. He's not that impressive compared to his peers, where Marino was head and shoulders above anyone else.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

a neat cape posted:

The raw numbers absolutely matter to the people voting for the hall of fame

Marino got in because his stats were unworldly compared to his peers which made up for his lack of rings. Rivers does not have the former to make up for this lack of the latter.

I still chuck at poo poo taco, as well.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Quiet Feet posted:

Phil Rivers will make it in as one of those "eventually" kinda guys

If Rivers gets in without a ring, Romo should get into the hall as well.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

My favorite Philip Rivers schtick is when he rushes to the line to try to draw people offsides like he's gonna sneak it. I never see it work because everyone knows Phil ain't gonna sneak it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Daltos is just mad that Romo has a 20-11 record vs the giants and Rivers is 3-0.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Doltos posted:

Romo was 10-10 against the Giants counting the playoffs and it has nothing to do with him having to dump off passes 90% of the time because his baby arm couldn't make the throw

My first google result that had the 20-11 gently caress if I know. Maybe that was saying 20 games 11 wins. However, he was not .500 vs the gmen. He was 11-9 and he had amazing stats against you, too.

code:
GP	REC	W%	CMP	ATT	PCT	YDS	AVG	YDS/G	TD	TD%	INT	INT%	SCK	SCKY	RATE
20	11-9	.550	386	572	67.5	4,639	8.1	232.0	41	7.2	21	3.7	36	222	100.7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tony Romo may still hold the record for TDs thrown while playing the Giants. He is, historically, one of the QBs who have owned the giants the most of all time.

He did at the start of this video, anyways:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KldgRQzhHIk