Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Zeratanis posted:

If there's interest, I can do a write-up on all the different items and how to properly use em(to the best of my ability).
Your post is super-helpful, I'd love to see a follow-up re: using items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I’m the opposite, this game is fun but it doesn’t freak me out nearly as much as single-player horror games, especially now that I largely know how to avoid the ghost if it goes on a hunt.

There’s a couple pieces of equipment that I haven’t found a use for except to collect money for bonus objectives; the motion sensor feels useless because the players can set it off too, and I don’t see the point in the sound sensor/microphone or the infrared sensor. It just feels like the lower tier equipment gets the job done more efficiently.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 12, 2020

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

here’s a video of my favorite VR gamers playing Phasmophobia. It’s not cringe-ey screechy over-reacting bullshit, and they’ve got great comedic timing.

https://youtu.be/XVGRQ9B8FIw

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

When I launch the game it gives me the option to launch in SteamVR or to just launch the game without VR.

As for in-game chat, you can disable push-to-talk in the options and then you just talk normally to the spirit box. Using the radio to communicate with your friends still requires a button press though.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Here’s me fumbling around like an idiot and almost backing into a ghost behind me:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ReliableFrailPresidentPunchTrees

And here’s my friend getting murdered:

https://clips.twitch.tv/FairLaconicSandwichPJSalt

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

There was one ghost last night who was being really passive so we decided to steal everything we could from the house and toss it in the van. We made off with like 10 pairs of shoes, the TV remote, a laptop, all the silverware, a bunch of candles, if the game let us pick it up it went in the van. We were very thorough.
The whole time we were taunting the ghost and laughing about how we were stealing all its poo poo, it was hilarious.

Suckers who hired us thought we were paranormal investigators, plot twist we were just thieves.

lol owned

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Oct 14, 2020

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

weekly font posted:

Pretty sure one ghost, maybe Phantom can spawn right out of the board to spook ya.

Holy poo poo that's amazing.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

dogstile posted:

I don't like them just because it takes loving forever for anything to happen. Really wish you could bring at couple extra people to those maps.

The obvious solution for the high school and asylum is to have multiple ghosts.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

When I killed your brother I talked JUST... LIKE.... THIS!!!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Who you gonna call?

Someone else apparently :shrug:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rexicon1 posted:

Phasmophobia but in the pt engine.

Alternately, PT but in the Phasmophobia engine.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Cobbsprite posted:

Yeah, this one in particular. Poltergeists are remarked as being dangerous for throwing things around a lot, but they aren't actually DANGEROUS when they throw things around. I hope they let thrown objects injure you. And oh, imagine the panic if a ghost could shove your face in the sink of dirty water.

Speaking of, I think I’ve seen a poltergeist maybe twice across all my hunts, I wish I got to see them more frequently. I wanna see a ghost spookily messing with objects in the world.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Cobbsprite posted:

When you throw a voodoo doll from your inventory, it will run several feet in the direction of the ghost. It's good for finding the ghost's location quickly, especially on large maps.

Also it has CREEPY sound and movement effects.

Whoa, seriously?

What does the voodoo doll look like exactly?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Just played a round, one of the objectives was to take a picture of the ghost.

The ghost went into hunt mode and backed me into a corner in the garage and just stared at me for a full minute. I don't know if the ghost chose to spare me or if it was gameplay jank, but it was pretty goddamn crazy.

They got their loving picture.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I'm down! PM sent.

Have we played together? If not I think I’d like to!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I've been pretty busy the past week but I'm always down! I see you don't have PMs, are you on the discord? If not I can just post my steam tag here or something

If you mean me, I definitely have PMs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Do the ghosts wear party hats? This is important.