Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
Hooray Dodgers! boo COVID!

so many feelings. why are you out there JT, it sucks that we're in a pandemic but it sucks more to spread it to everyone else too.

so glad there wasn't a game 7 shitshow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
Now what is there to watch

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Next Turner gonna make a bunch of posts about how humbled he is that he gets to spend two weeks on a private island with all his friends and family for his birthday.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
At least Lasorda can die happy.

Or in agonizing pain. Kinda depends on how long ago he last saw the team.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was gonna make a bunch of "congr*ts" jokes but now they all feel redundent.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I went to bed after the Dodgers won and woke up to PULLED FOR COVID?

I was going to say that a full season of Arozarena and friends is going to lead to playoffs again in 2021 but GOD DAMMIT.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

i dont care if the dodgers give everyone in los angeles covid. people die rings last forever

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Wasn't watching live, did people/the broadcast assume it was a defensive replacement or what?

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

i dont care if the dodgers give everyone in los angeles covid. people die rings last forever

LeBron agrees

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/1321312873956712448?s=20

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
the dodgers:

Slothass
Mar 6, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Wasn't watching live, did people/the broadcast assume it was a defensive replacement or what?

Mostly speculated about some type of injury

Slothass
Mar 6, 2004
Something I was thinking about last night. Any chance MLB uses this series as a blueprint to have the World Series at a neutral site going forward? More like a Super Bowl type thing.

Black Sabas
Apr 29, 2015

Are trump and turner going to kiss in the rose garden?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Slothass posted:

Something I was thinking about last night. Any chance MLB uses this series as a blueprint to have the World Series at a neutral site going forward? More like a Super Bowl type thing.
No

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Black Sabas posted:

Are trump and turner going to kiss in the rose garden?

yes. justin turner and all the dodgers love trump. they're also chuds and fascists and nazis.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Slothass posted:

There's a bunch of reasons why the Super Bowl does what they do and why I don't think it makes sense for the World Series but ultimately i think the owners would reject that hard for all the loss of revenue.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Good morning everyone, remember how the Dodgers couldn't even get through celebrating their long-awaited World Series title without completely loving up everything again, good times

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

chamois posted:

yes. justin turner and all the dodgers love trump. they're also chuds and fascists and nazis.

gently caress, I was hoping this wasn't the case

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I appreciate covid giving me an inner narrative to excuse or explain the loss, softening the blow even if it’s a lie.

chamois posted:

Oh. Well that makes everything bad again.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I immediatley turned off the game after the third out because i wanted to finish a movie i rented before it expired, what the hell is going on?????

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

I immediatley turned off the game after the third out because i wanted to finish a movie i rented before it expired, what the hell is going on?????

pity you didn't see the other 51, the dodgers won their first championship in over 30 years after a thrilling game 6 after the rays pulled their historically great starter for no reason.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

bawfuls posted:

thinking about this old scifi short story right now

http://www.visbox.com/prajlich/forster.html

i love this story, assign it in every science fiction class i teach, though i try to be careful with it because it can induce claustrophobia and literal anxiety attacks. seriously debating whether to teach it in this summer's class though, it really might hit a little too close to students who are currently or recently in quarantine

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

Had to get that redbox back before 9

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

pity you didn't see the other 51, the dodgers won their first championship in over 30 years after a thrilling game 6 after the rays pulled their historically great starter for no reason.

how dare you do this to me you swine!!!!!!!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

Had to get that redbox back before 9

It was almost $4, i sprung for HD

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Intruder posted:

When Justin Turner kills someone is that better or worse than banging the cans

Recklessly spreading COVID is not a competitive advantage so banging the cans is worse from a baseball perspective.

From any other perspective, it's pretty loving terrible!

:krad: HELL YEAH BROTHER

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

2020 Quarantine Consumerism Champs baybee

https://twitter.com/michaelrubin/status/1321444977419968516

Bregor
May 31, 2013

bawfuls posted:

2020 Quarantine Consumerism Champs baybee

Don't have to pay those credit card bills if we all die in a pandemic :v:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Why haven't the Yankees signed DJLM yet?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The doyers won the championship

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

got to watch my favorite team win its first championship of my lifetime last night and just voted for my favorite president, donald trump. anyway would anyone like to talk about how unfairly the astros and their fans are treated

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Weird post

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Slothass posted:

Nah. A neutral site seven-game series with a nebulous endpoint is not the draw of one game for the title.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm catching up while in UC did anyone post this yet

https://twitter.com/jonwags18/status/1321323853629607937?s=19

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Congrats to the Dodgers fans. I would have preferred the Rays won but the Lightning were basically the Dodgers of hockey so I have a soft spot for all those guys who have been so close so many times.

Happy for Kershaw and all you fans!

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Has Kevin Cash been fired yet

Bregor
May 31, 2013

You missed some real winners in the GDT

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

don't forget today is free taco day care of one Markus Lynn Betts

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

quoting myself from the GDT to show everyone I can make obvious, mundane predictions

bees x1000 posted:

Snell will eventually have to stop pitching and then the Dodgers will have them right where they want them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Imagine a world where Arozarena can hit a curveball and Tsutsugo can hit a fastball