Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Lmao why are people glad my cheating team got owned on national television? Pwease wike the astwos, we wewen't banging twash cans this yeaw 🥺👉👈

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:guillotine: the mods

Postseason Bracket

First Day of Games

FULL POSTSEASON SCHEDULE

Final Standings and Leaders

A super cool search tool that basically has every pitch archived with video

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/statcast_search

https://twitter.com/NBCSGiants/status/1286862880944553986
https://twitter.com/never1959/status/1304198428872773632

IcePhoenix posted:

Who wants to see a baseball break the sound barrier?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqidD7kVnxY

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Oct 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
S tier: Padres, A's
A tier: Jays, White Sox, Rays
B tier: Twins
C tier: Reds, Marlins, Brewers
D tier: Yankees, Dodgers
E tier: Indians, Cubs
F tier: Astros, Cardinals, Braves

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 28, 2020

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Go central teams except the Cardinals and Ryan Braun.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
I appreciate the Jim Mora vid in the last N/V thread.

Marlins are playing the Cubs? What could go wrong?!?! :smithicide:

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Not sure which bandwagons to jump on for dead fake pandemic playoffs, Twins/Padres/Indians I guess?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Mustached Demon posted:

Go central teams except the Cardinals and Ryan Braun.

Go everyone but the Astros honestly (but go Yankees most of all). Even if Ryan BraunTrevor Bauer gets a ring, it will be offset by Votto getting one.

Lumpy fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Sep 28, 2020

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

bees x1000 posted:

Not sure which bandwagons to jump on for dead fake pandemic playoffs, Twins/Padres/Indians I guess?

White Sox and Padres for me.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Lumpy posted:

Even if Ryan Braun gets a ring, it will be offset by Votto getting one.

Methinks you’ve got Ryan Braun and Trevor Bauer mixed up my friend

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bregor posted:

I appreciate the Jim Mora vid in the last N/V thread.

It is how all Twins fans feel at this time of year

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Bregor posted:

Methinks you’ve got Ryan Braun and Trevor Bauer mixed up my friend

I do, I do! It's early and I need more coffee.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

As a bitter Rockies fan seeing DJ win the batting title is like that wolverine looking in the picture frame meme.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Julio Cruz posted:

S tier: Padres, A's
A tier: Jays, White Sox, Rays
B tier: Twins
C tier: Reds, Marlins, Brewers
D tier: Yankees, Dodgers
E tier: Indians, Cubs
F tier: Astros, Cardinals, Braves

Let's go
A's, Jays, ChiSox, Rays

I could get down with
Twins, Marlins, Indians

I would only be happy because of Poque
Cubs

I would only be happy because of Joey Votto
Reds

I would get mad at
Braves, Padres, Cardinals

gently caress the
Dodgers, Yankees, Astros, Ryan Braun

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I hope the Tampa Bay Rays and their collection of sub Mendoza-line hitters take the whole dang thing!

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I want the Yankees or Astros to win

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Man, 31-29 gets you in. What dumb system

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Brewers and Astros are both in at 29-31 lol

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
The Braves are a chaos team of dingers and gross incompetence packed with likable individuals; if neutrals can get past the organization’s racism or past grudges then I think you want to keep them around for a round or two

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

There are seven Central Division teams in the playoffs lol.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
the right teams to support are padres and white sox

wrong teams include astros

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Padres/Twins for maximum fun factor imo.

Won't get either, but it's nice to dream.

Can't wait til we get a normal season again, because this is far too many playoff games.

Edit: I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually prefer the ridiculous five-team format we had compared to this insanity.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Spoeank posted:

I would only be happy because of Poque
Cubs

Aw thank you bb

I would like to continue having more rings than both Ryan Braun and Tyler Bauer

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I don't have a complex ladder tree of rooting priorities because I am rooting for my favorite team, the best team in baseball, the Los Angeles Dodgers

Gonna watch that Maeda-Greinke matchup wistfully though

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
The Jays winning anything at all would be downright hysterical but really it's just nice this somewhat random assortment of large young men gets to play in the novelty playoffs.

I hope Alejandro Kirk sets records.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
I hope the A's can win against good teams

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I am perfectly fine with the Cubs losing because their offense is garbage this year and they only have to starting pitchers worth a drat, but when it happens I'd like to happen to a team that is not the Cardinals, Reds, or Brewers.

Also gently caress the Astros.

Otherwise whatever. :toot:

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

I haven’t really been following the league that much outside of the Rays this year but is this analysis legit? https://reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/j1cdwg/trevor_bauer_thinks_trevor_bauer_is_probably/

Lol is Trevor Bauer just blatantly cheating to troll manfred? Sorry if this is old news

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Rorobb posted:

I haven’t really been following the league that much outside of the Rays this year but is this analysis legit? https://reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/j1cdwg/trevor_bauer_thinks_trevor_bauer_is_probably/

Lol is Trevor Bauer just blatantly cheating to troll manfred? Sorry if this is old news

Yes, and they effectively can't call him on it, because "everyone does it" or at least a large enough percentage of pitchers do.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Bauer has been salty about the pine tar rules for a while now, remember a year or two ago he decided to prove the Astros were cheating with it by suddenly having one start out of the blue where all his spin rates were way up. He's presumably trying to make a point that the ban on foreign substances for pitchers as it currently exists and is enforced is bad.

Personally I think it should disqualify him from the 2020 Cy Young. :v:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sydin posted:

I am perfectly fine with the Cubs losing because their offense is garbage this year and they only have to starting pitchers worth a drat, but when it happens I'd like to happen to a team that is not the Cardinals, Reds, or Brewers.

Also gently caress the Astros.

Otherwise whatever. :toot:

I'd be less salty about the Reds, Bauer aside. And fortunately the Brewers and Cards have to deal with the Dodgers, Padres, and each other before they could face the Cubs.

S-Tier: Cubs, Padres, Dodgers, White Sox, Blue Jays, Rays, Twins, A's, Indians
A-Tier: Reds
B-Tier: Marlins
C-Tier: Braves
D-Tier: Yankees
F-Tier: Brewers, Cardinals, Astros

I find it harder to be upset with the non-rival or non-cheating teams since winning in 16. Lotta cool guys on other teams who I'd be happy to see win.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Bob has unleashed his dark command

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/1310607803728326658

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Sorry Bawfuls, maybe next year?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Jays vs Marlins it is then.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Sorry y’all but as soon as the Braves are out this week I’m all in for Padres vs. White Sox (or Twins or Jays) which is pretty much a guarantee of a Dodgers-Yankees ESPN wankfest

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

I haven't paid attention to the new playoff rules. Why are the Jays seeded 8th instead of the Astros?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Twins > Marlins after dethroning the Yankees in the ALCS.

Since it's hell world, Correa takes Hill (out of the bullpen) deep to seal a game 3 win, the stros destroy a beatable Yankees squad, and Ryan Braun gets his ring. Or the Cubs double down on their faustian bargain. Not sure which is worse.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

I haven't paid attention to the new playoff rules. Why are the Jays seeded 8th instead of the Astros?

1-3 are the division winners, 4-6 are the division runners-up, 7 & 8 are the highest remaining teams.

Same reason why the Cubs are ahead of the Marlins. Not sure why the Cards didn't have to play a doubleheader to sort out the final seeding, but I guess it's because it wouldn't change the eight teams who are in on the NL side.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

1-3 teams are division winners, 4-6 are division runner-ups, 7-8 are the wild cards.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Poque posted:

Same reason why the Cubs are ahead of the Marlins. Not sure why the Cards didn't have to play a doubleheader to sort out the final seeding, but I guess it's because it wouldn't change the eight teams who are in on the NL side.

Yeah the only thing that could happen is they could lose two which would put them behind the Reds, but both they and the Reds are in the postseason anyway so I guess MLB doesn't care.

Also :lol: the Phillies, just had to win one more game to squeak into the wild card, and they couldn't do it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Paracaidas posted:

Twins > Marlins after dethroning the Yankees in the ALCS.

Since it's hell world, Correa takes Hill (out of the bullpen) deep to seal a game 3 win, the stros destroy a beatable Yankees squad, and Ryan Braun gets his ring. Or the Cubs double down on their faustian bargain. Not sure which is worse.

The Cubs have to reach the WS, sacrifice Schwarber to the Old Ones, and then be swept in order to reseal the Hell Gate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Poque posted:

Not sure why the Cards didn't have to play a doubleheader to sort out the final seeding, but I guess it's because it wouldn't change the eight teams who are in on the NL side.
The team that gets bonus draft picks every year for being special must not be made to play a late-season double header, what if it makes them tired for the playoffs! That'd be so unfair!