Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

illcendiary posted:

Arozarena and his boots

Honestly want a prop bet on Randy getting 0 HRs in the World Series because it would figure he got them all out of his system in the ALCS

Go Tampa Bay Rays! Go Carl Crawford and uhhb Logan Morrison and... *checks smudged writing on hand*... will adams?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

chamois posted:

if you really think about it, tampa bay is a spoiled sports city

Everywhere Tom Brady goes, winning follows.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

I would like the Rays to win, but I feel like no matter who comes out of the NL they are going to be the heavy favorites
The Rays are clearly really good though

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Probably should just IBB Randy every AB tho

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I don't see how to count the Rays out. They were a good team last October when they nearly beat the Astros. They were a good team in the AL East all "season". They've been beating up on the Yanks for a couple of years now. They came back from a poo poo ton of a momentum killer to beat the Astros. The Rays are a good team who can beat anyone in a short series.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

they rays won 40/60 they had the second best record in baseball they are not loving around and arozarena is apparently reggie jackson

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm not counting the Rays out at all, but the Braves/Dodgers lineups are both way better

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Rays have three excellent starting pitchers and the best bullpen in baseball, a bullpen that isn't even top heavy. It's both elite and deep

That alone is enough to be a tough out without the emergence of Arozarena and the solid if not Dodgers-level lineup

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the dodgers could put prime willie mays on the roster and i wouldn't trust them in the playoffs until they finally win it all

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I have no idea how the Rays will fare against either team. We all know what LA looks like. They split against Atlanta this year, Rays won both games in St. Pete and Atlanta won both games in Cobb county. Since the home team won every game, I assume if it's Rays/Braves then game 1 will remain tied infinitely since no team is playing at home.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Go Rays, get Uncle Charlie another ring.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Worst record in the AL and still throwing shade, love to see it

https://twitter.com/Rangers/status/1317675935047536640?s=20

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
To be fair if we had won they'd have had to see us play a world series in their stadium so I can give them this one

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Traxis posted:

Worst record in the AL and still throwing shade, love to see it

https://twitter.com/Rangers/status/1317675935047536640?s=20

Well yeah. Punching up is fine.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
lol

https://twitter.com/whitesoxlex/status/1317702506152157185?s=21

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
drat, he managed to use nearly every dogwhistle term in the book in just a handful of DMs

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Oct 18, 2020

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The Trash Can Was No Angel

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

Where the hell did the Rays find cuban barry bonds anyway? I never heard of the guy before this year

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

gently caress the Astros and their dumb rear end fat rear end sensitive rear end "Heh, Still Got A Ring Tho" Fanbase

Enjoy the offseason the same way everyone enjoyed your wife

Go Braves I Guess??? This season doesn't even count

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

BrownThunder posted:

gently caress the Astros and their dumb rear end fat rear end sensitive rear end "Heh, Still Got A Ring Tho" Fanbase

The misogyny is the real cherry on top for this one

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

BrownThunder posted:

Jesus H. Christ

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Strelok604 posted:

Where the hell did the Rays find cuban barry bonds anyway? I never heard of the guy before this year

quote:

On January 9, 2020, Arozarena was traded to the Tampa Bay Rays (along with José Martínez and the Cardinals’ Competitive Balance Round A Draft Pick) in exchange for Matthew Liberatore, Edgardo Rodriguez, and the Rays’ Competitive Balance Round B Draft Pick.

Suck it, Competitive Balance Round A Draft Pick.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Lot of people stumbling into the thread to make their first posts that really just shouldn't :thunk:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Whenever the playoffs come and these baseball threads are filled with new faces making toxic posts with football avatars it reinforces my commitment to staying away from NFL threads.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

STAC Goat posted:

Whenever the playoffs come and these baseball threads are filled with new faces making toxic posts with football avatars it reinforces my commitment to staying away from NFL threads.

Eh come post in the NFC West thread. Chill place to just run around in.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

No Safe Word posted:

Lot of people stumbling into the thread to make their first posts that really just shouldn't :thunk:

I havent posted in SAS for like 3? years now but it's important to understand that the cheater team got owned

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

No Safe Word posted:

Hi welcome to the thread for your first post it is....

not a good one.

Grats Rays beat the Dodgers or Braves please.

I like it fine, maybe you aren't an impartial voice on this subject.

:thunk:

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

i am happy the astros lost and wish them ill in general

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
considering Astros-Braves was a real possibility before last night I will be delighted if we end up with Rays-Dodgers

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
It was an odd and disappointing "season", but the playoff run was unexpected and a lot of fun!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Lmao why are people glad my cheating team got owned on national television? Pwease wike the astwos, we wewen't banging twash cans this yeaw 🥺👉👈

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm not counting the Rays out at all, but the Braves/Dodgers lineups are both way better

The Braves have been cooked since Ozuna left third base early lol

:negative:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Yikeseroo!

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
I glad the Astros are dead.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Well this is my first and likely last post in this thread. Just popping in to say Go The Rays, I'm glad they won and hope they continue to win in the World Series

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
This playoff run was a ton of fun.

Losing to Charlie Morton, the greatest big game pitcher of all time and perfect human, is a beautiful way to go. The baseball equivalent of passing away peacefully at home at 95 surrounded by friends and family.

Looking forward to being back at MMP next year in the regular seats if our country can get its poo poo together on COVID. With the emergence of Framber, Javier, and Urquiddy - I am very excited about the future.

I will also cry like a baby if Springer signs anywhere else.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Lmao why are people glad my cheating team got owned on national television? Pwease wike the astwos, we wewen't banging twash cans this yeaw 🥺👉👈

low bar I know but this is one of HOTLANTA MAN’s better posts lol

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

AsInHowe posted:

Everywhere Tom Brady goes, winning follows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etYOBfe6dNA

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So this is odd. The Marlins didn’t renew the contract of their GM, Michael Hill. Hill was the only major holdover from Loria’s ownership besides Mattingly.

https://twitter.com/joefrisaro/status/1317849463931764737?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Turns out the Rays did what Manfred wouldn’t: get the Astros out of the playoffs.

Now that the Astros have lost, we’re in a better timeline. Good things ahead, friends.

Go Dodgers in the NLCS but my heart isn’t breaking whoever wins it all now.