Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I am relieved that the Astros were finally punished through missing their third WS appearance in four years by a few runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I want the Dodgers to win, because I feel bad for them. It does help that they are in another league, and in a division the Jays don't seem to play much.

I realize it's weird feeling bad for a team that can spend their way to greatness.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Lmao why are people glad my cheating team got owned on national television? Pwease wike the astwos, we wewen't banging twash cans this yeaw 🥺👉👈

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol

FREE HOTLANTA MAN

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Lmao why are people glad my cheating team got owned on national television? Pwease wike the astwos, we wewen't banging twash cans this yeaw 🥺👉👈

this probe is bullshit lol

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
lmao

https://twitter.com/DickieV/status/1317676777335029761

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Has anyone mentioned that the Yankees are still the only team in MLB history to blow a 3-0 lead in the playoffs? Because the Yankees are still the only team in MLB history to blow a 3-0 lead in the playoffs.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Is this only the second time an 0-3 team has even forced a game 7?

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

This is a genuinely excellent post, and we should all aspire to one day reach it's heights.

Poque posted:

Is this only the second time an 0-3 team has even forced a game 7?

Yeah, somehow Boston was the first team to ever do it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Free HOTLANTA MAN this is a dogshit probe Hand Knit

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
you won't find anyone who thinks Hotlanta Man is a more garbage poster than I do and even I think that probe was bullshit

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Depriving us of the meltdown posts if the Braves lose tonight

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

lol this is a good rear end post why the gently caress was it a probe?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Man I'm in a great mood this morning - happy the Astros made it to game seven and as far as they did this year despite all the huge injuries. I think they're going to be good for a lot longer than most Astros fans think. Our young arms stepped up big time and the bullpen, despite being nearly all rookies, was really gelling towards the end of the year.

I really hope the Braves win tonight - I think Braves vs. Rays would be an awesome World Series matchup.

LeeMajors posted:

lol this is a good rear end post why the gently caress was it a probe?

Just gonna throw this out there, I still think y'all are being a little ridiculous with the Astros but I would never report those posts. I'm no snitch.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Popete posted:

:hmmyes:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Kirios posted:

Just gonna throw this out there, I still think y'all are being a little ridiculous with the Astros but I would never report those posts. I'm no snitch.

nah gently caress the astros

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Before I lose the ability to post I want to say that HOTLANTA should be freed and there will never be a time where gently caress the Astros doesn't apply. God bless

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Of all the ridiculous poo poo that HOTLANTA MAN posts, this is the the one that catches a probation? C'mon now.

Also, go the Brooklyn Dodgers of Los Angeles. I would like Kershaw to get a ring and then ride into the the sunset before we have to watch his spine tear from his body on live television.

Also many rings for many other Good Dudes.

Failing that, go the Tampa Bay Devil Rays of St. Petersburg. May your terrible dome last a thousand years.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I'm glad we can all agree that HOTLANTA MAN deserves to be freed for this post.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Free HOTLANTA MAN.

Anyway, really happy that the Rays beat the Astros, as even without the whole cheating scandal I'd much rather see the Rays in the World Series than the Astros. Astros already got their big win in 2017, and no retroactive shaming about its illegitimacy will take it away from them.

Go Braves, but if my doomposting hasn't indicated it I am not confident. I'll be very sad if the Braves get eliminated tonight but if they do I won't otherwise be too upset no matter who wins the World Series.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

rickiep00h posted:

I would like Kershaw to get a ring and then ride into the the sunset before we have to watch his spine tear from his body on live television.
I would also very much like to see this

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Popete posted:

I don’t think any of us actually expects the Braves to win though, or will be so devastated by the loss as to be entertaining

I for one plan on my usual approach of sitting catatonically through the disaster and emerging at some point tomorrow to post about why the Braves will not win next year either

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

This is an injustice.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

:hmmyes:

quote:

:hmmno:

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

That's legitimately the best post HOTLANTA MAN has made. He deserves to be able to cry with us tonight. Free HOTLANTA MAN.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i understand wanting to probe hotlanta man but think about this: if he's able to post tonight when the braves choke away the pennant he will probably post something you can ban him for

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

chamois posted:

i understand wanting to probe hotlanta man but think about this: if he's able to post tonight when the braves choke away the pennant he will probably post something you can ban him for
Reasonable chance he posts something ban worthy if the win too

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

That is absolutely HOTLANTA's least objectionable post

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Using my first post here to say lmao that the cheating astros got owned and lmao that the fans of the cheating astros get offended that people don't like their cheating astros and are glad they got owned

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Free Hotlanta so he can post racist chop poo poo later tonight and be properly banned

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

he looks like he could be Mike Zunino's grandpa lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Man, so that's how the other half lives

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Doltos posted:

Using my first post here to say lmao that the cheating astros got owned and lmao that the fans of the cheating astros get offended that people don't like their cheating astros and are glad they got owned

:qq: this isn't a good first post!! :qq:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Mod should get a probe for doing this

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Dustin May opening tonight. I have to think Gonsolin will get a shot to throw the most innings for the Dodgers in this game

https://twitter.com/ericstephen/status/1317916033798213632

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 18, 2020

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Amazing post. gently caress the astros and in particular their unrepentant heel attitude.

Someone ask correa what the haters are saying. It's probably still "you cheated"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
lmao he unironically wrote this

https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/1317847607163707401

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

His job is specifically to cover the Astros :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Intruder posted:

His job is specifically to cover the Astros :shrug:

Even still, the 2020 Astros are the least underdog team ever. There was probably a better way to sum up their elimination while being professional.