Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Astros have plenty of stuff to point at in 2017-2018 why the gently caress you trying to manufacture it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I think we all need to remember that Intruder was once a moderator. Sure, his profile says he's no longer one, but how are we to know that his privileges were fully revoked?

We know who the imposter is, and we know who needs to be voted off. Vent Intruder into space for his shameless murder of HOTLANTA's meltdown tonight.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Dustin May opening tonight. I have to think Gonsolin will get a shot to throw the most innings for the Dodgers in this game

https://twitter.com/ericstephen/status/1317916033798213632

I think it will depend on how well things go in the first few innings. If we can get a lead together early then yes I'd guess Gonsolin will do the heavy lifting, but if not I'd imagine it's Julio.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Intruder posted:

His job is specifically to cover the Astros :shrug:

I love how it’s just sort of expected that beat writers, especially MLB or team affiliated ones, are supposed to be terrible homers.

Cans were banged, Brian. Cans were banged.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Vernacular posted:

I think it will depend on how well things go in the first few innings. If we can get a lead together early then yes I'd guess Gonsolin will do the heavy lifting, but if not I'd imagine it's Julio.

Roberts is gonna put Kershaw in on short rest to get the save and you know it.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Can both teams win? I want dodger and braves posters to both be happy.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Sydin posted:

Roberts is gonna put Kershaw in on short rest to get the save and you know it.

Unfortunately that is a foregone conclusion, yes :suicide:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Bregor posted:

I love how it’s just sort of expected that beat writers, especially MLB or team affiliated ones, are supposed to be terrible homers.

I mean, they always are though. Almost universally. That’s why the only beat writers worth following write for either The Athletic or non-chud local papers.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Intruder posted:

His job is specifically to cover the Astros :shrug:
looks like he gets paid to write fanfic for Astros fans

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Tags: Astros Didn't Cheat AU; Carlos Correa/Original Character; Carlos Correa/Jose Altuve(Mentioned); Choking

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The 2020 Astros owned

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
But that’s in the past. I have to be on my best behavior now as a lifelong Los Angeles Dodgers fan

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
People acting like the Astros got "owned" by getting to game 7 of the ALCS.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bregor posted:

How much access do you think he'll get if he writes the article you so desperately want him to write?

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Also this

I feel great about this season, it surpassed all expectations

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Ammat The Ankh posted:

yeah it's not like they lost 3 straight against a team who'd already clinched to lose their postseason spot on the final day of the season

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I haven't seen very many owned takes, just a whole lot of gently caress you Astros, eat poo poo Astros, lmao Astros, etc.

All very funny!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
After much thought I am OK with any result tonight that isn’t Ian Anderson getting shelled so hard in an elimination game that it breaks his psyche and drives him out baseball.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The only thing I'm terrified of is Roberts shoehorning Kershaw into this game, getting away with it for an inning or two, then leaving him in obviously too long to get crushed.

An extremely avoidable outcome which nevertheless feels inevitable.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

also a reminder we get The Good Joe calling this game tonight

https://twitter.com/Joe_Davis/status/1317845328679358465

praise

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Naw they got owned

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

elentar posted:

After much thought I am OK with any result tonight that isn’t Ian Anderson getting shelled so hard in an elimination game that it breaks his psyche and drives him out baseball.

Same. But he's been dominant enough in the post season so far that I don't think one bad start will Folty him.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Intruder posted:

Also this

I feel great about this season, it surpassed all expectations

That's why everyone says you guys got owned. I'm using my second post in this thread to say who cares how far you got you still got owned lmao.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
cool

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The Astros are living rent-free in Playoff Poster heads for the foreseeable future

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Doltos posted:

That's why everyone says you guys got owned. I'm using my second post in this thread to say who cares how far you got you still got owned lmao.

This is desperate even for you

No matter how hard you try you won't make me feel bad about this Astros season

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

bawfuls posted:

also a reminder we get The Good Joe calling this game tonight

https://twitter.com/Joe_Davis/status/1317845328679358465

praise

Hell yeah

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I would like to use my first post to bless dodgers infielder Enrique Hernandez

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
I am excited for this game, to say the least.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

As long as Carlos Correa and the rest of the garbage Astro people (separate from the folks who just got stuck with a villain team) aren't in the World Series I'm content. Correa and Co can keep crowing. It will just keep the drums of hate banging.

Also I'm convinced HOTLANTA's probe is secretly to protect him from his inevitable ban tonight.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

As long as the Rays beat tonight's winner I'm good. They're a cool team plus they'd be a first time winner

And of course they have Charlie Morton

This is where my tenuous alliance with GA ends I fear

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Metapod posted:

excellent choice

this is how you Playoffs Post

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

elentar posted:

Yeah anything other than the way last year ended and this is a successful season considering everything. (If that does happen then yes, clown franchise, cursed city, etc.)

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
The Astros are the first team in MLB history to go 0-3, force a game 7, and lose.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

A family friend just passed away, someone really really close. I'm not gonna be around to see the game tonight, but go Braves.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Yeah anything other than the way last year ended and this is a successful season considering everything. (If that does happen then yes, clown franchise, cursed city, etc.)

Losing that way to the Dodgers would be a lot more palatable than losing that way to the Cardinals

blossommirage posted:

A family friend just passed away, someone really really close. I'm not gonna be around to see the game tonight, but go Braves.

Sorry for your loss :(

Good luck with everything

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

blossommirage posted:

Very sorry for your loss. These are tough times and you should do your best to take care of yourself when poo poo like this hits. You'll be in my prayers.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

blossommirage posted:

Condolences and best wishes

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The Astros are living rent-free in Playoff Poster heads for the foreseeable future

Seems pretty premature to be saying this, the next game hasn't even started.

Sorry the LOLs are getting to you though, hang in there.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Metapod posted:

hell, same, and also to say, doyer go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Wow people are making fun of my cheating team oh no