Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
Dodgers with zero groundball outs tonight, that can't happen all that often

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
I like the dodgers, but I rarely ever post in SAS.

love to hear my co-workers who are also ostensibly dodgers fans say stuff like "Kenley keeps pulling that poo poo after his tommy johns" after game 2 and I just don't know where to start

sorry, when i say like the dodgers, i mean that I have been living in constant pain since I was 2 years old in 1988

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов

Ammat The Ankh posted:

One thing I do enjoy about living in LA is that Dodgers fans seem to hate the Dodgers and poo poo on Kershaw almost as much as Giants fans do lol.

too true. It's a Lakers town for sure. My heart aches for clayton. His mortality makes me love him even more. Still, please no more relief appearances, unless there is another loving 18 inning game, then i guess maybe still no.

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов

R.D. Mangles posted:

i don't have anything against him or the dodgers but i am rooting for a disastrous clayton kershaw melt down because at this point to me it is funny

this is fair. I just start mentally beating my head against a wall and praying to the gods that they are all solo home runs instead of grand slams please make it stop

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов

bawfuls posted:

Dodgers pitching is deep enough that there should never be a reason to leave him in long enough to melt down for like 5+ runs, but Dave is full of surprises

Those playoff days, we used to know,
leave runners on, then out he'd go
eh bien, three run home run,
gently caress you, Matt Holliday.

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
Tonight I learned that it's pronounced Brandon Lowe, not Brandon Lowe.

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
O Kershaw, my Kershaw.

Taking him off the roster means he still would be out if they make the next round, right?

Alex Wood, game 5 4 starter?

Maybe just call up Mitch White and call the series.

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов

Sydin posted:

Oh hey I forgot the Dodgers re-signed Wood, I wonder how he pitched this yea-... oh.

Yeah maybe call up White.

11 runs, 9 earned in 12.2 innings, good for -0.4 WAR. Thank goodness he's probably not stretched out.

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
Hell call up Josiah Gray. Do you really need a fourth lefty after Gonzalez, Kolarek and McGee

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
Maybe Rios can hit one far enough that it counts as two home runs.

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
Dodgers thoughts, based on only being able to watch snatches of the game while working at Trader Joe's:

May seems to have been taken out of his rhythm by his move to opener/swingman role. Hopefully his 4-5 innings this series are sharper. Or he'll pull a Julio and get a 3 inning win/save.

Julio, Julio, Julio. You've been around forever (7th longest tenured Dodger) and yet you're still only 24. Somehow thank god the shoulder capsule surgery didn't ruin your career, I guess it helps to be 20 when it happened. Looking forward to the 1-2 punch of Buehler-Urias for hopefully years to come.

Kiké - it wasn't quite a threeké like 2017, but you just continue to mash lefties like nobody's business. Add in your defense all over the field, especially 2B, and I hope we hang on to you next year.

And Kersh, I'm glad you didn't pitch in this game. Hoping for a repeat of game 1 of the 2017 WS tomorrow. That said, at this point I'd probably be happy with a bare minimum quality start, even though that would also raise your postseason ERA too lol. Game 5, well, let's just deal with that once we get there.

TL;DR: yay dodgers!

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
I for one am glad that there is almost no time between the LCS and WS this year, even though it makes the pitching a little hairy, because it's less time to get nervous.

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
https://twitter.com/Alden_Gonzalez/status/1318638354087464961

I mean I kind of figured it would look like this, but I didn't realize it was that bad.

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов

He's gonna have to go to Julio to bail him out again and then after Buehler game three on an extra day's rest, May to open game 4? Unless he also goes a couple of high stress innings game 2 to bridge the gap between Gonsolin and Urias. I wouldn't be completely surprised if in an ideal world tomorrow they want 3 from Gonsolin, 2 from May, cross your fingers that the relievers of the moment are on their game in the 6th-7th, and Julio to lock it down the rest of the way. Seems like they want to push the true bullpen game that they're gonna eventually have to run out there to game 4 if they can. Gonsolin just hasn't had a chance to get stretched out since he had so many days off, only pitching twice since September 26, now on 2 days rest lol.

On a bad day they waste all three starters and take the L, using a ton of relievers (or just Alex Wood if you have to).

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
Regarding Kershaw hat hygiene I have a hunch, unproven, that he's only ever had one postseason hat

2017 hat:

2018 hat:

2019 hat:

2020 hat:

Idk he seems to wear only one to start the year until it gets gross, then he changes more regularly through the season.

But only one postseason hat it seems

that hat has seen such horrors

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
This seems to be his hat in his last regular season start this year:

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
Piazza was my first love, from the ages of ~7-12 until Fox traded him away for Sheffield, he was hands down my absolute favorite player. He was the Pizza Man to me lol.

Then there were the dark years. Nobody quite as captivating for a long period of time. Brief flashes in the pan. nobody lasted long

And then Clayton came along and stole my heart forever.

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
have the extra innings rule be AL only

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
Return to the 9 game World Series, last featured 1919 - 1921

NO OFF DAYS

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов

Strelok604 posted:

is it a hot take to say I wouldn't mind if the regular season got shortened a bit

That way they can add more on the front end of the postseason and players could get more off days

Hmmmm... maybe 154 games would suffice??

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
This feels all too familiar. I have no other words besides that first sentence and this second sentence.

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов

Intruder posted:

I want to see the GDT if Kenley Kershaw comes in with a 1 run lead in game 7

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов

Johnny Bravo posted:

Turner is sitting right in the middle for the picture, not great.

just put pollock and Kenley next to him, they already had it

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов

Kirios posted:

Aren't the immunities in your system for ~90 days? I don't think it would really help them at this point.

yeah i think so i wasn't being serious haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
Hooray Dodgers! boo COVID!

so many feelings. why are you out there JT, it sucks that we're in a pandemic but it sucks more to spread it to everyone else too.

so glad there wasn't a game 7 shitshow.