Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hell yeah Yuli's gonna be around for a couple of more years Astros fans:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30001958/houston-astros-yuli-gurriel-takes-pay-cut-7-million-stay-team

There's one of the bigger questions in the offseason answered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Still, first base is locked in now. With Kyle Tucker playing very well this year they probably figure that LF is locked in long term. I think Springer will be the priority in the offseason, unless they think Tucker can play right field.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

k-spar posted:

i dropped the 60 bucks on youtube tv cause i don't have another option, and i'm pissed about it

the quality is good at least

Youtube TV is actually really good!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Framber Valdez being a legit pitcher is so confusing to me.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

9 am baseball is the best.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

go astros

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If we're gonna celebrate bat flips then we have to let pitchers do cool poo poo when they dominate

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

GalacticAcid posted:

I’m off to a good start

Why do you want the world to burn

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

You can blame the Astros for a lot but you can't pin Baez's struggles on them. Hopefully he owns it and comes back strong next year.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

This actually rules quite a bit

The Astros have already achieved more success than I ever expected. Getting past the Twins alone was a success

Agreed. This season is already a massive, massive success for the Astros.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Except for the 29-31 record, JV exploding into dust, and Osuna somehow probably escaping a no-brainer non-tender situation that could have finally banished his scumbag rear end for good, sure.

I mean, we haven’t been good. We’ve been lucky (aside from the latter two aforementioned issues).

But that's exactly what I mean. Despite all of those things we're fighting to go 2-0 in the ALDS. They have no business making it this far - it's been awesome to watch it unfold live.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

gently caress outta here, the Astros are the literal avatar of Trumpist America within baseball

Dude the Cubs are right there. Their owner is even deep in the Trump's pockets.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

euphronius posted:

This season is the best

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

okay but who are the twins

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

bewbies posted:

are we to the point where Astros fans are able to pretend like they aren't ashamed?

I suppose that makes sense considering Houston's fervent support for the illustrious commander-in-chief and his own issues with honesty

It's hard to be ashamed when they haters are acting even more shameful.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

How did the Cubs lose to the Marlins? They looked real bad every game against the Braves.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah but he shitposts the Astros so everyone here loves him!

Inspector_666 posted:

Yeah, he's a midgrade MRA chud shitposter and I don't really get why people respect it as much as they do.

A decent amount of the pitching-specific stuff he does is interesting but the idea that he's an amazing personality and fascinating guy is very weird to me.

(That goes for people who read his tweets just to get mad at him. Curate your own feeds!)

I don't get it either. I've got quite a few friends that follow Trump specifically to wake up and read his tweets. Why personally invite that much negativity into your life?

Kirios fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 12, 2020

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Spoeank posted:

It's shocking! I love the Astros now! They are the best team ever and I'm glad they cheated and got away with it!!! Jose Altuve and Carlos Correa are my best friends in the world!!!

Guys I swear I'm not Spoeank's alt account.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh hey I remember Jupiter Jazz she had a meltdown about how everyone from Houston is an inbred hick and despises the South with every ounce of her being. Definitely the voice of reason on this one!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm rooting for whoever wins the Astros / Rays series. AL supremacy baybay - NL took 33 years to realize DH is the superior option.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This series taught me that despite everything the Astros did, the Yankees are still the most hated team in SAS.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I don't think Aaron Boone's the guy to lead the Yankees. I feel like he isn't maximizing their talent.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I am loving here for GA being a secret Astros fan. I'll adopt the Pirates as my NL team for ya!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

Yeah but Brady is bad now

Can't even keep track of the downs

If someone with dementia can run for President then they can play quarterback!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm cool with the Astros losing to the Rays if it means the Dodgers fall in the same round. Brothers in arms!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Astros are frauds

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Fellow 'stros fans, although this series isn't going to workout the way we wanted, I actually feel pretty good about next year. The postseason has shown that our younger, talented arms are ready to take the next step. A rotation of Greinke, McCullers, Urquidy, Valdez and Javier is pretty solid! We may not have the regression that we expect in a couple of years.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I don't think he has much of a choice, honestly. Pitching Valdez and Urquidy on short rest, something either of which have never done (and Urquidy isn't that far removed from a major injury), seems like a recipe for disaster. You just have to hope you get five innings out of Garcia.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Astros are truly America's team.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

bawfuls posted:

love the poo poo talking from Playoff Posters :thumbsup:

I hope you have a new level of respect for the restraint I show!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The worst crime: Watching baseball and enjoying it.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I am so loving nervous right now.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I see the Rays are in a choking situation

You shut the hell up it's still 3-3. If they win tomorrow it doesn't matter.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh that's gonna be lost on most of the super edgy people in SAS, but yeah, it was a fantastic season for the Astros. They dramatically overachieved, and honestly, if our young arms can continue to produce like this we'll be a good team for quite a bit longer.

AL Cardinals sounds kinda nice.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

TheBizzness posted:

If you think the people of SAS are “edgy” when it comes to the Astros, wait until you meet the average baseball fan.

Honestly? Most baseball fans I've met up here in the PNW while golfing or playing board games have basically said something equivalent to "Eh most baseball teams cheat I don't know why it's such a big deal."

Yeah, it's been kind of surprising to me too.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Man I'm in a great mood this morning - happy the Astros made it to game seven and as far as they did this year despite all the huge injuries. I think they're going to be good for a lot longer than most Astros fans think. Our young arms stepped up big time and the bullpen, despite being nearly all rookies, was really gelling towards the end of the year.

I really hope the Braves win tonight - I think Braves vs. Rays would be an awesome World Series matchup.

LeeMajors posted:

lol this is a good rear end post why the gently caress was it a probe?

Just gonna throw this out there, I still think y'all are being a little ridiculous with the Astros but I would never report those posts. I'm no snitch.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Astros have plenty of stuff to point at in 2017-2018 why the gently caress you trying to manufacture it

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I think we all need to remember that Intruder was once a moderator. Sure, his profile says he's no longer one, but how are we to know that his privileges were fully revoked?

We know who the imposter is, and we know who needs to be voted off. Vent Intruder into space for his shameless murder of HOTLANTA's meltdown tonight.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Have you guys thought that maybe the Astros are in fact a good baseball team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Even good teams can bang cans Mangles.