Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
e: Not GDT lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
So the Braves/Reds combined for the most strikeouts in a postseason game and was the longest a postseason game has ever been scoreless. Just what the hell.

Squall fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 30, 2020

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
The Braves have still lost more consecutive postseason series, but the Twins just somehow managed to be so transcendental that they don't even win a game during them to build hope.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Marlins/Cubs game 2 apparently postponed to tomorrow.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Here lie the Reds, they never scored.

:rip:

The Braves have lost 8 straight Division Series. It's time to break that streak.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

God I love Acuña. Get hosed Marlins.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWl6TLvlFEk

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

gently caress!!! Tomorrow's Atlanta-Miami game is the one on MLB Network which Hulu TV does not appear to have. I did hear somewhere that MLB Network would be doing the "free preview" thing that I remember them doing last year for a playoff game when I had regular cable but idk if Hulu will do the same.

Yeah. I think previous years I DNS'd around on MLB.TV for these MLBN games but I feel like I'm gonna just find a stream somewhere honestly.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

General Dog posted:

Is there any thought that MLB instituting "bubbles" for the LCS and World Series rounds could be a trial balloon for making those neutral-site series in the future?

I don't think they are ever going to want them to be neutral site in a normal year with full fan attendance possible.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

STAC Goat posted:

Its good of you to counter if anyone might be feeling like getting on the Braves bandwagon and forgetting what the fanbase is like without constant racist chants.

all fanbases are bad, op

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
The Marlins have lost a postseason series.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

elentar posted:

Happy “Braves return to the LCS for the first time in 19 years after losing 8 straight division series” Day, they will not beat the Dodgers but if they push it to 6 games and stay mostly competitive it will be an overwhelming success and even if not at least they got over one hump.

I think they can beat the Dodgers.

Dodgers are the favorites for sure but I believe in this team.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

blossommirage posted:

It makes me really happy to know a bunch of people heard "Pablo Sandoval now hitting for the Braves" and were super confused. He played like one game for us. Anyway, go Braves. Gonna sweep the Dodgers somehow.

They started him at third for the meaningless regular season finale against the Red Sox. I think that's about the time I learned that Pablo Sandoval was on the Braves.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Lineup just submitted with Riley at 3B, Markakis/Pache/Acuña in the OF. Works for me given the options.

Glad to hear it. Give Pache a chance like he should have got during the regular season instead of riding the bench for a bit before being banished.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

blossommirage posted:

Somehow I feel like we lost.

Nah, a win is a win, especially in a postseason series. Bonkers that we almost let it slip away, but the important part is that we escaped with the win and just need to win 2 of the next 5 to advance.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

bawfuls posted:

They steamroll the league every summer and blow it every fall. No one other fanbase will ever shed a tear for us because like you said the team is good and exciting every year.

Doesn't change the fact that they do the same poo poo every October.

It's been a while since the Braves had an automatic postseason berth but the Braves had lost 10 postseason series in a row before the NLWC series and had lost 8 straight NLDS before this year. Hell, the Twins are on a ridiculous stretch of not even winning a single game in the postseason.

Really sucks that the Dodgers haven't won the World Series with how good they are but you got there at least. Eventually your team will shed their curse and win it all again.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Intruder posted:

Even though bawfuls and I have gotten into it a lot this year I can't bring myself to dance on the Dodgers grave, I genuinely feel bad

I'd only consider dancing on it because if it indeed is their grave here it'd mean the Braves in the World Series. I rooted for other teams over the Dodgers in past postseasons (except the 2018 WS) but I don't have any real dislike of them.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

bawfuls posted:

I just went back and checked the game logs. Since this piece was published, Kershaw has exited postseason games with 8 total runners on (2 on four different times) and all 8 of them were allowed to score. Thus, over his career, the Dodgers bullpen has allowed 80% of inherrited Kershaw postseason runners to score.

Yikes.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

IcePhoenix posted:

I missed all the sad posting last night but

The Dodgers are just the Twins with a massive payroll change my mind

The Dodgers have won postseason games and even postseason series in the past 15 years.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Joey Freshwater posted:

Minter starting game 5 lol

Legitimately excited to see the Braves win the pennant on the back of A.J. "TBD" Minter's start.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Lmao why are people glad my cheating team got owned on national television? Pwease wike the astwos, we wewen't banging twash cans this yeaw 🥺👉👈

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Free HOTLANTA MAN.

Anyway, really happy that the Rays beat the Astros, as even without the whole cheating scandal I'd much rather see the Rays in the World Series than the Astros. Astros already got their big win in 2017, and no retroactive shaming about its illegitimacy will take it away from them.

Go Braves, but if my doomposting hasn't indicated it I am not confident. I'll be very sad if the Braves get eliminated tonight but if they do I won't otherwise be too upset no matter who wins the World Series.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
lol Braves at 140 pitches through 6

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
I have received a very important message.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Intruder posted:

lol at this loser who thinks about my ex more than I do

e: and honestly you being big mad enough about your racism team losing to post that yourself

I'm not mad. Dead inside, sure, but not mad. I honestly didn't even read it because I really don't care, he should be here getting probated himself but he can't so I'll take up the torch.

Good luck Dodgers and Rays. Go Rays, maybe? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm exhausted just watching that game. Dodgers lineup is bonkers, every at-bat was 8-10 pitches and not once was there a clean inning pitched by the Braves.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Squall posted:

I'm exhausted just watching that game. Dodgers lineup is bonkers, every at-bat was 8-10 pitches and not once was there a clean inning pitched by the Braves.

Seriously though, when the Braves went up 2-0 and then 3-1, I had a glimmer of hope. Those were fun games besides game 3. And games 5-7 would have been fun too if I were a neutral. But not once could I really imagine the Braves getting the final out to win the 4th game. That's Atlanta sports. A lot of cities have bad teams, we have teams just good enough to get to the cusp and then destroy you. Dodgers fans can relate to this I am sure.

At least we finally won a playoff series and then an NLDS. We have shown that it is at least possible to get to a 7 game postseason series. Maybe one day we'll have a team good enough to win one. Probably won't actually win one though anytime soon.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

We lost five of the six pitchers who could have been our starting rotation and lost Game 7 by one run. I guess I'm looking at it different cause I'm not attached to any other Atlanta disaster team but by itself that is OK.

It was an admiral season for that reason but I mean, it's not that great looking forward. We're losing Ozuna, Riley and Camargo suck, Soroka is a question mark with his injury, Cole Hamels poorly pitched in one game and split. We have reasons to be excited that Pache is going to get a shot finally and Fried and Anderson are generally quite good but where do we go from here really. It's not like we're going to sign anyone unless there's someone else begging for a one year contract to go on a career year and get paid elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Kirios posted:

I can't wait for 2020 to be over.

December 32, 2020 is going to be rad.