Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

elentar posted:

They also dropped Hechevarria, whose recent yips in the field have been really costly, to bring Culberson back.

Can’t say I disagree with any of the moves except maybe Sandoval but weird to make them all now.

Dear God, it's like Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

The BBWAA is taking Kennesaw Mountain Landis' name of the MVP award.

Good, gently caress that guy.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Padres v Dodgers is gonna be fun as hell. No matter who wins, they all become fish food.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

gently caress!!! Tomorrow's Atlanta-Miami game is the one on MLB Network which Hulu TV does not appear to have. I did hear somewhere that MLB Network would be doing the "free preview" thing that I remember them doing last year for a playoff game when I had regular cable but idk if Hulu will do the same.

If it makes you feel better, I have YouTube TV and can't watch the rest of the series, including today's game, on anything but my crappy laptop.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Like you can't cast it to a TV? I had YT TV before Hulu and it worked fine with Chromecast devices.

Nah, they just dropped Fox Sports networks entirely. I found out about three minutes before the game started.

humpthewind posted:

Get an HDMI cable and plug in into your TV+computer/laptop

I was feeling lazy and had to do some work anyway, but I might do that for game three. Thank you!

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Keep on choppin, imo

Nah.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Oh my God the Braves are going to the NLCS. Oh my God. I literally just pinched myself.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

This is a fair and valid point.

But also, you know... not all fanbases have synchronized racist chants with team provided props and musical accompaniment. That's unfortunate.

But then again my fanbase has Rudy Giuliani so glass houses.

To be fair, the Braves are trying pretty hard to get away from that it feels like. I really loved the Chop growing up, but I'll be glad when other fans take the hint and stop doing it.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

more falafel please posted:

They definitely weren't trying to get away from it when they built their new ballpark

Nah, it's only been the past year or so. Ever since that Native American guy on the Cardinals was like "yo what the gently caress". They changed the slogan from 'Chop On' to 'For the A', which is a stupid slogan, but it's better than what we had. They spent a lot of the off season talking with local groups about the branding and stuff iirc? It's slow and recent but hopefully I will be less ashamed of my team in the future.

Edit: Oh, they also used to play the chop song a lot during commercials for the team, but I haven't heard it at all this year.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

If the Braves get swept by the Dodgers, it'll happen on my birthday, and that'd be about right for this year.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Intruder posted:

I hope these fine young gentlemen are ok

I guess Mookie Betts really is the GOAT. Sorry, Tony.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

After the Bauer poo poo in the playoffs, a lot of Braves fans were on Twitter begging him to come here iirc. Not convinced those arent the dudes alts, but also I know very well that I should always be disappointed and expect the worst from other Braves fans.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Intruder posted:

Bauer constantly talked about year to year free agency being the best avenue to getting paid, but I think we're seeing the real reason he wants year to year free agency

To be arbitrarily different and unique so people talk about him more?

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

It makes me really happy to know a bunch of people heard "Pablo Sandoval now hitting for the Braves" and were super confused. He played like one game for us. Anyway, go Braves. Gonna sweep the Dodgers somehow.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Somehow I feel like we lost.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Squall posted:

Nah, a win is a win, especially in a postseason series. Bonkers that we almost let it slip away, but the important part is that we escaped with the win and just need to win 2 of the next 5 to advance.

Yeah, true. Games 3-5 have our worst chances so winning everything else so far is a great step for sure.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

The pre game minidoc on Freddie made me cry. One of the first prospects I was ever aware of and looking forward to, and a decade later, through everything, he's leading the team in the NLCS.

I really like baseball a lot.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Dodgers are responsible for at least 2 of those 8 straight NLDS losses, so I don't feel bad for them I don't think.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

That's legitimately the best post HOTLANTA MAN has made. He deserves to be able to cry with us tonight. Free HOTLANTA MAN.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Tags: Astros Didn't Cheat AU; Carlos Correa/Original Character; Carlos Correa/Jose Altuve(Mentioned); Choking

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

elentar posted:

After much thought I am OK with any result tonight that isn’t Ian Anderson getting shelled so hard in an elimination game that it breaks his psyche and drives him out baseball.

Same. But he's been dominant enough in the post season so far that I don't think one bad start will Folty him.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

A family friend just passed away, someone really really close. I'm not gonna be around to see the game tonight, but go Braves.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Thanks for the well wishes, eveyone. I'm a bit more put together and have some time so I'm gonna try and watch.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Squall posted:

I have received a very important message.

I'm in a state of shock because up until this very moment I thought his avatar was a Native American guy chopping. My eyesight is poo poo, but I feel betrayed that in this aspect he did not truly represent the absolute worst parts of Braves fans.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Squall posted:

Seriously though, when the Braves went up 2-0 and then 3-1, I had a glimmer of hope. Those were fun games besides game 3. And games 5-7 would have been fun too if I were a neutral. But not once could I really imagine the Braves getting the final out to win the 4th game. That's Atlanta sports. A lot of cities have bad teams, we have teams just good enough to get to the cusp and then destroy you. Dodgers fans can relate to this I am sure.

At least we finally won a playoff series and then an NLDS. We have shown that it is at least possible to get to a 7 game postseason series. Maybe one day we'll have a team good enough to win one. Probably won't actually win one though anytime soon.

This is pretty much how I feel. Like, this is purely just the nature of the state. Georgia based teams lose, you love them anyway, and drink yourself to death. It's tradition.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

That channel rules and deserves more -

Whoa wait, it did get more views, what the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Sydin posted:

So apparently the Orioles GM - who is an ex-Astros FA guy who was there during the banging of the cans but skated through without being found at fault - is now being investigated for pension fraud. Turns out he gave pension benefits to two guys he brought with him over from the Astros even though they did not qualify for them, at the expense of other guys who did qualify, including the only black coach in the Orioles' organization.

https://twitter.com/NYDNSports/status/1320086848627236865

I'm starting to think that maybe, just maybe, the Astros cheating could have possibly stemmed a systemic culture problem as reflected in so many of their front office officials being huge pieces of poo poo? :thunk:

Thank god they got Osuna, though. So loving glad they got Osuna.