Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
I hope the A's can win against good teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

I haven't paid attention to the new playoff rules. Why are the Jays seeded 8th instead of the Astros?

1-3 teams are division winners, 4-6 are division runner-ups, 7-8 are the wild cards.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Is there a real reason I should worry about the Astros winning the AL pennant above the normal small-sample-size chaos?

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

hendriks let's go

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

thank you umpires

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

do the LDSs/LCSs get separate threads? i hope not

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

behold, the predictable meltdown https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pU_ySZOBGA

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

as somebody who's currently nursing a playoff-grief headache, calling an entire baseball franchise and fanbase immoral trump supporters because their team happens to be from a red state is a chump move

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

i hope there's a braves-rays world series so we can have "hello mr freeman" jokes

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

to unite the two conversation threads, true jokerification is being one of trevor bauer's pocket sycophants

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

the LDSs were all intradivision and the only non-central team to get knocked out in the WCS was the Jays by the Rays so

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

isn't there also the two-way designation specifically for pitchers to be DH on their off days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

ProperCoochie posted:

This was such a blessed day.

I always forget, but is there a way to search a thread for my posts? Without leaving a new comment?

I remember watching those games. I feel I mightve commented about Phil Coke falling on the floor when trying to cover home in the Yankee game.

Yes. when searching a threadid, you can filter to posts by a specific userid or username e.g.
code:
threadid:3440053 username:"ProperCoochie"
or
code:
threadid:3440053 userid:65972
to search that thread for your posts! :)

e: or not? for some reason it can't find that thread id though it's clearly the right one

try
code:
intitle:"MLB GDT" userid:65972
instead!

e2: for some reason searching the goldmine doesn't work, that's why!

Tweezer Reprise fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Oct 27, 2020