Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
How are the Astros not the #8 seed :psyduck:

This format is stupid as all fuckin get out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
A division winning team is eliminated by losing two games to a team that shouldn't have been in the playoffs at all because they didn't even win half their loving games

This league is hosed

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I was going to add that said team should have been banned from competition to begin with but there's too many Astros defending clowns in this forum

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Major League Baseball 2029: each game shall begin tied 3-3 in the 10th inning. EVERY DAY IS AN EXTRA INNING THRILLER!

You'll know it's the 10th inning because the bases start out loaded.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Sab0921 posted:

I think the Astros are good actually and I don't care about sign stealing (things I also don't care about : Bonds juicing (really anyone), deflategate, Spygate, Lance Armstrong's RBC)

They will probably be tossed from the playoffs this time next week, for now I'm enjoying the ride.

So in other words you don't actually care about anything you just like staring at the box with the flashing lights coming out of it

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Weren't there like 20K at that game where NFL fans booed civil rights

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Kurkjian just informed us that Kershaw is on the line to become the only player to pitch in 10 postseasons without winning a WS, so we know how this is gonna end

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Who the gently caress made this schedule lol

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Seeing crowd cheers being pumped in for the loving ASTROS at Dodger Stadium is such a loving slap in the face. I hate this poo poo rear end reality

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Intruder posted:

I would like to note that the Astros started having success the second Trump and all 40 of his favorite aides were diagnosed with COVID

This team could be the anti-2016 Cubs, ushering him out instead of ushering him in

gently caress outta here, the Astros are the literal avatar of Trumpist America within baseball

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Intruder posted:

The Yankees are and have always been Bloomberg

If anything the Astros are Biden: victory through cheating and constantly saying stupid things to the press

This is somehow the worst post yet

My original post, obviously, being the best

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

bawfuls posted:

it's one thing when regular SAS posters lean into the Astros shithead vibes, but random playoff posters parachuting in to do the same is a bit much

How much are you sweating stanning the legitimacy of this title the last few months

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I was at the Chuck Knoblauch dollar hot dog night game and I just realized how close that moment was to the Whitey Whackers bit lol

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Vin Scully's favorite thing in the world was when a player would end the inning with a great play in the field and then lead off the next half inning. He probably loved Bellinger's dinger more than the grand slam

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Tweezer Reprise posted:

isn't there also the two-way designation specifically for pitchers to be DH on their off days

Why is this a requirement?

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Me, remembering how I posted in July that this wasn't a real season: :smugdog:

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Also holy poo poo me, just now, remembering that July was 3 months ago and not 3 months into the future :stare:

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Sab is an Astros fan?

Fan loving Tastic

what sucks to watch? Your franchise player's legacy evaporate because the opposition was loving CHEATING in game 5 of the World Series you smug prick. Eat my entire rear end.

He's an Astros fan that says he literally doesn't care about any form of cheating in sports whatsoever lol

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I don't recall finding that particularly funny

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
The possibility of losing to the Astros in the World Series this year is just...I don't even know, man, I don't think there are any words for this feeling

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
My doctor told me to cut the drinking back to 12 hours a day

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Thank god

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Intruder posted:

I'm glad you made it clear this season doesn't count, friend

That's still how I feel, just relieved I don't have to deal with Astros fans lording 2 fake titles over us for the rest of my life

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Poque posted:

I just received a memo from the commissioner that this season now counts

Hmm, this memo I got says that they're only handing out a hunk of metal this year

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
If someone who's good at photoshop puts rap Will Smith's face on baseball Will Smith's body in a shot from the play last night I'll make it an avatar and change my name to WILL SMITHS BONER

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I honestly don't even know how to turn the game on tonight. I might have to wait until like the 3rd inning to check in, once the talking heads have exhausted what there is to say about that play

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Baseball owners are even bigger pieces of poo poo than Bezos IMO.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
It's becoming precedent that you can wrestle people off the bases as long as you can sell it because there's pretty much no way to overturn it lol

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Holy gently caress Manfred is an absolutely awful public speaker lmfao

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Sydin posted:

Just occurred to me that because of the mid-game positive test Turner was immediately isolated and didn't get to celebrate on the field or in the clubhouse with his team for winning the WS, and that is a colossal bummer. :smith:

I thought of this too and I loving hate Manfred so much for this stupid ineffectual plan they came up with. Like he just has to kick us in the dick even tonight

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
loving awesome, first World Series title I get to watch and now someone's going to end up dead lmfao

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
loving sucks to learn that JT is a dumbfuck

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Being able to enjoy the WS title lasted a few loving minutes before the story became tainted with 2020 bullshit. Jesus Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
It seems way more likely that there wasn't a bubble at all