Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
loving lol at the AL Central

7 games, 3 teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Have to say though the best of 3 format really makes me glad I only sorta got invested in baseball this year.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

the cubs are a weird case of a team winning a world series when most of the guys were in their early to mid 20s and almost none of them ever playing that well again

it's a theme with Chicago world series runs.

(obviously konerko and buehrle had great careers but that 2005 team had a career year for like half the team.)

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
14 games to remove 6 central league teams?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Bad year for great pitchers

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Sydin posted:

Yeah I think a lot of teams are going to cry poor this offseason.

Why spend money if everyone makes the playoffs

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ammat The Ankh posted:

People acting like the Astros got "owned" by getting to game 7 of the ALCS.

Naw they got owned

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

more falafel please posted:

If the dodgers win, we can put the Kershaw playoff narrative to bed probably, and avoid seeing endless takes about this stretch of dodger baseball being "fruitless" for decades to come, plus vin scully will probably make a speech and I'll cry about it even though I've never been a dodger fan, and they're the biggest obstacle to my team winning another World Series

But if the rays win Jeff Sullivan will be on Effectively Wild, so it's impossible to say who I should root for

Vins gonna tell everyone in dodgerland to vote trump

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Also front loading the playoffs with a short series is really annoying if a 105 win team is now two hung sliders from gone.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Strelok604 posted:

We got Joe Buck to acknowledge the Astros cheating, so one step at a time I guess

I want someone to hit a no doubt home run and mock moon joe buck before ever leaving the plate

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
If the dodgers didn't win tonight tomorrow might have been crazy town.

If he got the virus from elsewhere it might still be a few days before other players test positive but if he got it from soemone that everyone was interacting with then we might get a bunch of positive tests in the next 24 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I mean getting covid seems mid tier on the list of dangerous activities championship winning teams partake in.