Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Moonlight blooms as day grows slight
Clouds are shifting, changing skies
Into darkness, into night
Through the forest, left or right?
Is it truth or just more lies?
Black and purple shroud your sight
You could follow plaintive cries

Into darkness, into night
Which is dark and which is light?
Which path is your soul’s demise?
Grasping tendrils hold you tight
Clutching shadows drag their prize
Into darkness, into the..

Welcome one and all, to the official :spooky:Scream Scream:spooky: thread for this October. What started as a way to celebrate Halloween with a few online friends has grown into a yearly tradition that I want to share with everyone. If you love horror movies and the season of the witch even half as much as I do, or if you just want to hang out with some goons and watch movies this October, you'll fit right in. Now, let me explain how this works.

Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday for all of October, at 8:30 EST, I'll be streaming two horror films a night, along with some other light halloween-themed entertainment to break it up. The stream is hosted here and sometimes here if something goes wrong. That's 24 horror movies total! And you can chat with goons in the official Scream Stream discord while you watch!

Every Scream Stream has its own Scream Theme, and this year the theme of the films shown will be: films hated by critics. All the films reviewed poorly on release, or at the very least were hated by Siskel/Ebert. What else is new for the genre, right?

Reviewing horror can be a dangerous job

The usual disclaimer applies that I haven't seen everything I'll be streaming, so surprises are in store for all of us. I'll also be showing something after the second movie for you night owls.

But there's more to the Scream Stream than watching awesome horror movies with your favorite goons! We also have prizes! What kind of prizes? Well how's about :

Every single Friday night, you'll have your chance to enter a raffle to win a pizza the following night, to enjoy while you watch your movies! You have to tune in for the details, and the rules are slightly different this year. The only thing tastier than pizza is pizza you don't have to pay for! Here are some satisfied winners from the past:

On a more personal note, I'm really thankful to everyone who participates in this yearly tradition. This year has been really, really hard for everyone who isn't a billionaire, so I hope this small goon tradition can help uplift some spirits, even for a short while. Horror is scary, but not as scary as real life sometimes...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SCREAM STREAM 8 MONSTER HALL OF FAME

Here's what we watched so far this month!

Phantasm

Idle Hands

Maniac

Ernest Scared Stupid

The Amityville Horror

Ghoulies II

Hider in the House

Halloween III: Season of the Witch

The Beyond

Deadly Friend

Sleepwalkers

Return of the Living Dead III

In The Mouth of Madness

Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning

Jennifer's Body

The Gate

Stephen King's Thinner

Class of Nuke'Em High

Lost Highway

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2

Poltergeist II: The Other Side

Tales From The Crypt Presents Demon Knight

Wishmaster

Thirteen Ghosts

And if you're curious about previous years, check out the official Scream Stream Letterboxd courtesy of friend of the stream Franchescanado!

And for the nostalgic, here are the intros from the previous years' streams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyOebimeruU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpI9WZdIe30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mzO7BYE9TA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHE7nI2xd7s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRk8Mtr8nSI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBF4SVngTiY

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 31, 2020

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Hype! :woop:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Aww yeah. That's the stuff.

FlavoFibe
Nov 9, 2015
Last year was my first year participating and I had a blast! Seeing Hausu and Seventh Curse for the first time was a trip.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

The day the scream stream thread is posted...an absolutely holy, haunted day

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Can't wait for this.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Finally a silver lining to the fact that I can't go anywhere in public! This is always the highlight of the spook-a-doodle season for me.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I had to watch most of last year on my phone due to work but this year it will not be an issue and that's fantastic.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I'll probably jump in every now and then this year. I always get a kick out of it. I still have fond memories of watching Winterbeast with you guys.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
yay I love you lurdiak

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

I've been waiting for this something fierce. As my fiance says, Scream Stream makes it really feel the season's here. He admitted that when it's over, he misses it.

thrashingteeth
Dec 22, 2019

depressive hedonia
always tired
taco tuesday
Man it's been a really tough 2020, but this actually seems like the wholesome content I need. Can't wait to tune in for the first time!

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Ready for my first ever scream stream!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Every year I say I want to take part in this and every year I just never do, but this year is different! The Director's Tourney and Deb have really made me appreciate the whole streaming thing, get used to it, and streamline how to do it comfortably. So I really do think I'm in this year.

Rauthane
Dec 23, 2001
goat!
Super psyched as usual for this, but even more so this year with everything going on.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Looking forward to this!

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Always look forward to this. Thanks for putting it on again Lurd.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Scream Stream is what keeps me going for the other 11 months of the year

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tuning into the thread to see all the movies I'm going to have to miss.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Oh no, we've already seen what they've liked, can't imagine what they must hate.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Me when people complain that they won’t be able to do their usual Halloween activity of going outside of their home this year:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fRamB30E9mU

Fickle Isthmus
Aug 2, 2003

I've not turned up yet 'ave I?
I dawned on me about a month ago I had Scream Stream to look forward to in these dark times, that thought has cheered me up more than once.

I am so excited for Friday!

smitster
Apr 9, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Yay! I'll have my own streaming for friends going on on Fridays, but looking forward to the Saturday and Sunday streams!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
gently caress yes I'm so happy. Always love the Scream Stream.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I know how you guys get antsy, so here's a sneak peek at Friday's lineup:

SCREAM STREAM INAUGURAL NIGHT

Friday's features, beginning at 8:30 EST are...

Phantasm

(Rated R for nudity, violence, and intense scenes) Parental Guide information, may contain spoilers

and...

Idle Hands

(Rated R for horror violence and gore, pervasive teen drug use, language and sexuality) Parental Guide information, may contain spoilers

We'll also be playing...

Mystery Bonus Features

This is also your chance to tune in and win...

Be there! And don't forget to install the extension!

Namirsolo
Jan 20, 2009

Like that, babe?
Get hype!

Sareini
Jun 7, 2010
Scream Stream 8: Guaranteed 100% Sareini-suggestions free!

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Screeeeeam Strreeeeeammmmmmmm

This is legit the one event the whole year I look forward to now. I took off every Friday this month for this!

For anyone new, welcome and get ready for a hell of a ride with good people who are genuinely a blast to chill with!

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

I'm so excited! Last year was my first Scream Stream viewing experience as well and I've been looking forward to it for weeks. And I will be going out...not at all on weekends so I'm gonna try to catch more nights this year too.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Maybe two weeks ago I walked outside and smelled the crisp air and I knew fall was coming. And I immediately thought that means it's the season for the Scream Stream.

I love this time of year. :peanut:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Tonight yesssssssssssss

Remind me - when are the movies announced? How close to the stream?

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

It's today! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Sareini
Jun 7, 2010

NUMBER 1 FULCI FAN posted:

Tonight yesssssssssssss

Remind me - when are the movies announced? How close to the stream?

They've been announced upthread. Tonight is Phantasm and Idle Hands.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Sareini posted:

They've been announced upthread. Tonight is Phantasm and Idle Hands.

Haha whoops, I got too eager and scrolled to the bottom

Rivarz
Oct 11, 2004
He who flows like water
I am the spooky salmon. Every year I swim back upstream just for scream stream. And to possibly mate with lurdiak.

Optimistic Puma
Aug 7, 2007
Where did the seagulls take my sister?
I can’t remember how many years I’ve done this, but this is the Halloween event that I look forward to the most. Thanks for keeping things normal in 2020, Lurdiak!

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
This is gonna be awesome!

tonberrykng
May 1, 2009
What a way to start October!

You're a true gentleman for hosting what's sure to be another fantastic scream stream, Lurd. This is I think my fourth year. Always look forward to it, but especially this year is appreciated as a distraction from the hell year that is 2020. Cheers man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

I know how you guys get antsy, so here's a sneak peek at Friday's lineup:

SCREAM STREAM INAUGURAL NIGHT

Friday's features, beginning at 8:30 EST are...

Phantasm

(Rated R for nudity, violence, and intense scenes) Parental Guide information, may contain spoilers

and...

Idle Hands

(Rated R for horror violence and gore, pervasive teen drug use, language and sexuality) Parental Guide information, may contain spoilers

We'll also be playing...

Mystery Bonus Features

This is also your chance to tune in and win...

Be there! And don't forget to install the extension!

We are live in 30!

Join the Discord!