Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

My AMG Lab timer is supposed to arrive this weekend and I have ordered IDPA targets which are supposed to arrive in a week or two.
It's finally not "I'm melting" weather, so this should be a fun activity for after I've finished my midterms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

G44 - 1 pass, 1 fail (primer failure)
G17 - 1 fail time, 1 fail accuracy
G19 - 1 fail time, 1 fail time and accuracy
G26 (with 12 round mag) - 1 pass, 1 fail time

This is my first time using a shot timer, so I'm learning a lot about where I need to improve.
Thanks for setting this up, OP.

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007

Bogon posted:

So last rounds for me this is still like last 15 yards.

Not sure what to call this class but

Fusion long slide 10mm

I forgot how fast this pistol is i was averaging .9 from the draw the double from the draw total was 1.1 i always forget how fast the trigger is on this pistol.

Now for the im a loving idiot round for speed shooting a free class pistol.

gently caress i tried so god drat hard. While working out a technique to do this in 2.5 seconds and i just couldn’t do it. While training for a technique that world work I managed a 3.1 on the double from laying on the table hands up to draw bang reload bang. The singles i was able to manage 1.1. In the above i averaged 1.3ish on the singles 3.8 on the double as the second shot hung up on the reload. I Failed and tore the sit up out of my hand slipping it in and out of the grip loading and cocking it but i had fun on it. I failed the but fun times trying to speed shoot a single shot breach loaded pistol.

FWIW, if those targets are the ones I'm thinking of, they're significantly smaller than IDPA targets.

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007

I'll take this opportunity to suggest that if we're going to have monthly matches in TFR, it might be prudent to identify a small number of unique (but widely accessable) targets and try to limit match rules to those.

Also, considering how much variability there is from goon to goon on equipment, range, and time availability, 2-month long matches with different requirements could be neat. (Like: NOV01-DEC31 moose-fucker rifles at 100 yards, DEC01-JAN31 pistols held upside down at 10 yards, JAN01-FEB28 shooting musical greeting cards with shotguns while blindfolded, etc.) If you're able, you've still got a match per month to compete in, but it'd make multiple entries per match and actually making range time to participate easier.